Nickname Vote: FINAL Runoff: Exit Poll

cowboys5xsbs

Nickname Vote: FINAL Runoff: Exit Poll  

185 members have voted

1. 1. Who did you vote for?

• Fighting Hawks
    • Roughriders

Regardless of the outcome this process has been a complete Sh*t Show

This sentiment seems to be something we can all agree with, in fact I have yet to see a single disagreement with this type of post.  I for one agree as strongly as anyone.  But there seems to be a disconnect.  Sure, people realize (to varying degrees) the truth that this process is a hoax.  But then they are somehow able to shelf that truth and carry on actively participating in said hoax.  In such cases, condemning the process condemns the self.

• Upvote 2

My biggest knock (and it's monstrous in my mind): 

The inability of an academic to follow the process he himself defined. 

Case Study 1: The committee recommendations, then he adds to them, then backtracks. 

Case Study 2: The Vote on 5 where 2 3 will advance. 

Changing on the fly reeks of academic arrogance. 

If the man hadn't declared himself gone in January, I'd be seeing to it. 

• Upvote 4

The saddest part of this whole ordeal is that it seems like maybe 5-10% of people are truly excited about one of these options. The others are voting which they can tolerate. i can't tolerate either, therefore I didn't vote. 

I felt the same way, but one of these two names are going to win, so I really think you should use your right to vote and vote for one.  Trust me, if there was a "none of the above" category, I would have chosen it, but I really felt obligated to vote in the long run.  

• Upvote 2

Regardless of the outcome this process has been a complete Sh*t Show and I'll put most of the blame on the 2nd committee for not adhering to the criteria set forth by the 1st committee when narrowing down the potential nicknames...............the rest of the blame I'll put on Kelley..............just because he's Kelley. 

I totally agree. 

Really? I just blame the NC$$ for sucking at life.

Bernie Franklin deserves having someone with a bullhorn 3" from his ear screaming "JACKASS!" into it for the rest of his miserable existence.

Here's the guy I blame that seemed to have started this process we see today. Him starting it may not be the fairest way to put it, but his involvement seemed to finally make things "stick" for the change-the-nickname crowd. https://www.linkedin.com/in/roy-hirofumi-saigo-6742978

when does this gong show end?  Truthfully, I am asking the timeline of when we will know the results of the voting- obviously I am not very close to this-

Based on how long it took to get the previous 2 voting results announced, I would expect to hear something late afternoon next Wednesday the 18th.  Does that mean all this is over?  I think most of us can agree....not by a long shot!!

Based on how long it took to get the previous 2 voting results announced, I would expect to hear something late afternoon next Wednesday the 18th.  Does that mean all this is over?  I think most of us can agree....not by a long shot!!

Edited by The Sicatoka
  • Upvote 2

If only the results here are/were reflective of a shift in the actual vote.

85% - 15% after 24 hours...

Well, it cost me a bit to get those votes to change on this website. 

But, I'm like Joe Kennedy in 1960 Chicago...when it comes to the general election, I'm not going to pay for one more vote than necessary! 

Silly question...if it shakes out "Hawks" can we secure the use of the Maplesoft Hawk logo for monetary considerations? 

Signed, 

looking for a silver lining 

Not a chance in hell.

but we maybe could use that, right? I mean there's nothing that says we can't. 

Hey I'd rather be a condom than be the absolute worst nickname is college athletics ;)
Condom over all those hawk schools, please! Hopefullly we play USC so you guys can get excited over a real condom brand.  I've, sincerely never heard of Rough Rider, and idk even know if it's regional? But Trojan is national and USC is more than fine. If we become Fighting Hawks; will it be the end of the world? Absolutely not, we'll still sweep Miami or whoever.  But "The Hawks keep it in their zone, but a hawks player clear it for a one on one opportunity for the hawks.......AND THE HAWKS SCORE"  is not unique. I've been told by fellow students that "A high school here is the roughriders and its stupid to be the same" and I say, yea you're right....be number 43 Hawk or be an original college Roughrider. Such a tough choice!!!!!

This comment ranks with, "don't pull the goalie, I'd rather lose 3-2 than 4-2"....???

All right before the tieing goal that sent it to OT, and then the winning goal happened!

• Downvote 3