SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota vs. Minnesota Morris

sioux24/7

I believe it is a make or break year for Jones.

As do I, was trying to be more neutral though. Those in favor of him (if there are any) will argue what's he supposed to do with so many new faces. Well he's had 9 years or whatever he shouldn't have ran into this problem. 

i should expand more on this, but i think in a low major league it kinda makes sense to load up on one or two classes. obviously the problem with that is you cant ever miss on a class, but it sets you up to be in the ncaa tournament hunt 2 (or maybe even 3) years out of 4

i should expand more on this, but i think in a low major league it kinda makes sense to load up on one or two classes. obviously the problem with that is you cant ever miss on a class, but it sets you up to be in the ncaa tournament hunt 2 (or maybe even 3) years out of 4

I can see what you're saying. Just tired of excuses. 

As do I, was trying to be more neutral though. Those in favor of him (if there are any) will argue what's he supposed to do with so many new faces. Well he's had 9 years or whatever he shouldn't have ran into this problem. 

you had a good run at neutrality. Give yourself some props.  Laugh Out Loud.  Now, let's go Roughriders!  

• Upvote 1

Hopefully they can exceed all expectations and get into the top half of the league...like they have done in 4 of the last 5 seasons including 2nd and 3rd place 2 of last 3 seasons under the tutelage coach Jones.....  Not a make or break season for Jones....Next season will be if they are a cellar dweller.this year...  Getting to the topic of this thread... UND should cruise vs a nondescript D3 team

It's game week! UND takes on Minnesota Morris Friday Nov. 13th at 3:00 pm. 

Well that is interesting. I suppose with hockey Friday/Saturday night, football Saturday afternoon and volleyball on Thursday and Saturday, its the only real option, but not a real big fan of it. At least its on WatchBigSky.

• Upvote 1

Well that is interesting. I suppose with hockey Friday/Saturday night, football Saturday afternoon and volleyball on Thursday and Saturday, its the only real option, but not a real big fan of it. At least its on WatchBigSky.

Agreed!  An opening game at 3pm is ridiculous!  Run it just before hockey and bring in both crowds.  I can't believe how inept the athletic department is when it comes to other sports.

Agreed!  An opening game at 3pm is ridiculous!  Run it just before hockey and bring in both crowds.  I can't believe how inept the athletic department is when it comes to other sports.

Probably can't run it right before, parking would be a bigger disaster than it already is plus guessing there is overlap between the staff on the two. Game will be done by around 5:00 or so, gives the staff a chances to grab a bite to eat and then move over to the REA and get ready for the doors to open there.

Just not a huge fan of afternoon games in general on weekdays, though I know they keep them to as much of a minimum as they possibly can.

I'll trust you on parking issue. Haven't seen it at hockey, I imagine it's bad. But why not try and run it at 5pm.  Do a ticket special and get some of the hockey fans into game beforehand.  There's ways to get more people in the stands and not have a 3pm game.  The workers could be let go late in second half to get over to Ralph and work. That part would be easy. 

I'll trust you on parking issue. Haven't seen it at hockey, I imagine it's bad. But why not try and run it at 5pm.  Do a ticket special and get some of the hockey fans into game beforehand.  There's ways to get more people in the stands and not have a 3pm game.  The workers could be let go late in second half to get over to Ralph and work. That part would be easy. 

I would guess at least for students there will be a deal for them. 

You clearly don't have any experience running two sporting events in the essentially the same building back to back.  As someone who does, I can say it is not easy.  Who are these magical workers that are allowed to leave late in the second half?  It surely isn't the events staff, as they need to be there for the whole game.  The game is on Bigsky TV which means there is an in-house video crew.  Are those people supposed to leave during the second half?  What happens if the game has 40 fouls in each half?  What if it goes to overtime?  Even if it doesn't is it a good idea to have people work 3-5 for pregame, then 5-7 for the game, then 7-10:30 for hockey without any breaks?

Let's leave the scheduling to the people who do it for a living.

• Upvote 2

It better be......

Has has the longest tenure as a UND coach and time is ticking especially if we end up at the bottom tier of the BSC. After the results in the Europe games I think this team can do better and at least reach the conference playoffs. No playoffs no job next year.

Has has the longest tenure as a UND coach and time is ticking especially if we end up at the bottom tier of the BSC. After the results in the Europe games I think this team can do better and at least reach the conference playoffs. No playoffs no job next year.

You sure about that? Tom Wynn has been coaching for 20+ years and Dick Clay has been at it for over 30 years.

It's a glorified scrimmage against an NAIA team - better than playing themselves. It's not like they are kicking off the season against Kansas at 3:00 on a Friday. Can't we assume that they probably know that a 3:00 game on a Friday isn't the best but they are doing what time, staff and facilities allows. 

100 % chance Jones makes playoffs....

It's a glorified scrimmage against an NAIA team - better than playing themselves. It's not like they are kicking off the season against Kansas at 3:00 on a Friday. Can't we assume that they probably know that a 3:00 game on a Friday isn't the best but they are doing what time, staff and facilities allows. 

morris D3 Not NAIA, NAIA has athletic scholarships D3 does not