SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota vs. Minnesota in Las Vegas - October 2018

fargosioux

Yeah I heard the regional last yr in Fargo was to

But I sold my tickets for that & watched on tv

I would rather that be at the Ralph for same reasons

This being in Vegas a lot of people are going to want to go 10k more makes that more of a possibility 

What is the farthest west UND has played a hockey game in the continental USA??

Dang, was going to be a smarta$$ and say Alaska but then I read 'continental' :D

If I had to guess I'd say Denver or Co Springs? Unless there was some regional in CA or something. The '99 FF was in Anaheim but obviously we didn't play in that one.

San Diego. 81-82 season. 

From UND website:

Sat, 
Dec 05
U.S. Internationalat San Diego, Calif.W, 5-2 
Sun, 
Dec 06
U.S. Internationalat San Diego, Calif.L, 3-1

Turns out I guessed wrong, good catch. I'll claim mine as the furthest west in the continental contiguous USA against a college team.

when will tickets go on sale? how fast are they going to sell out?? 2 min.??

This will answer the infinite question as to which fan base travels better.

It'll be an event - a "once in a lifetime opportunity" and I expect it to be a tough ticket to get. 

This will be the US Hockey Hall of Fame game which UND has the rights to. So UND will be the home/host school and "should" handle the ticket sales. So it will likely be a very pro UND based crowd. Of course, I'm sure that Minnesota is asking for some tickets as part of their agreement to play in the game.

My guess on how ticket sales will go: Season ticket holders will likely get a chance to purchase tickets to the game when they renew their season tickets. Then I'd assume that Champion Club members would get the next option to purchase tickets. If it is in fact held in the 7,700 seat Orleans Arena they may have to do something similar to how they handled the Fargo Regional tickets. If it does end up in the new MGM Las Vegas Arena with much more seating club members will likely get a week or two to purchase tickets before sales open up to the public. 

I really do hope this ends up at the MGM Las Vegas Arena. I have already had very casual fans who maybe make it to GF for one game a year ask me about getting tickets to this game. I have a feeling these will be very hot tickets that will be difficult to get. 

• Upvote 1

Speaking of US International, our newest assistant coach played there. 

http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13500&ATCLID=210166913

Probably some good stories about the surfer dudes coming up to Grand Forks and taking out the Hrkac Circus.  (One of the most painful losses to watch ...)

That loss was painful for me. One of, I think, two games I made it to back then. So, I got to witness 1 of only 8 losses that year. And one they should have won handily.

• Upvote 1

• 8 months later...