SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota vs. Minnesota in Las Vegas - October 2018

fargosioux

Wife and I already talked about it, this is happening for us. Couple of my friends are already in also. Will be a fun weekend. Now to wait for tickets to go on sale.

If you live in Grand Forks or Fargo you're gonna want to concentrate more on the plane ticket, especially allegiant air, than the game ticket.

Orleans Arena

Orleans.jpg

It seems like a neat looking arena. Obviously it'd be nice to have seats where that wall is but seems pretty nice to me. 

And do people think this will be a tough ticket? It's about the size of Omaha's new Baxter Arena and is a plane ride for the majority of both fanbases in order to see one single game(rather than a series). I'm not sure if I believe it'll be as hard a ticket as some are saying...but then again I could be wrong about all this. :D

It seems like a neat looking arena. Obviously it'd be nice to have seats where that wall is but seems pretty nice to me. 

And do people think this will be a tough ticket? It's about the size of Omaha's new Baxter Arena and is a plane ride for the majority of both fanbases in order to see one single game(rather than a series). I'm not sure if I believe it'll be as hard a ticket as some are saying...but then again I could be wrong about all this. :D

It'll be an event - a "once in a lifetime opportunity" and I expect it to be a tough ticket to get.  I hope I'm wrong, as I'd like to have it be easy for the wife and I to go, but I'm expecting it to be a tough one.

I also find it hard to believe it will be that hard to get tickets.  The 2012 Western Regional final at the X barely had over 10,000 people attend, and that game had a trip to the Frozen Four riding on it.

If you live in Grand Forks or Fargo you're gonna want to concentrate more on the plane ticket, especially allegiant air, than the game ticket.

Not really…I am more worried about my game ticket. Fargo at least has a couple different options for direct Vegas Flight, as much as I hate it I could always connect in MSP…also it’s VEGAS if I have to go a few days early, it wouldn’t be such a bad thing(oh wait maybe it would ;))

Yup, A Frozen Four at the new NHL arena in Vegas would make a killing.

Las Vegas and the new MGM - AEG arena would be a great location for the Frozen Four.  However, I do not see the NCAA holding a tournament in LV anytime soon.  The righteous and judgmental organization known as the NCAA shuns Las Vegas.  

Although four NCAA basketball conferences (PAC-12, WAC, West Coast and Mountain West - Big Sky also talked about holding their tourny in LV, if I recall correctly) successfully hold their conference tournaments in Las Vegas, the NCAA will not schedule any NCAAA Basketball first/second round, regionals nor final four games in the city.  I don't see that policy changing for hockey.

I also find it hard to believe it will be that hard to get tickets.  The 2012 Western Regional final at the X barely had over 10,000 people attend, and that game had a trip to the Frozen Four riding on it.

People have 3 years to plan this trip, to a very popular destination, for a guaranteed game against a long time rival. That makes it a completely different animal from a regional. The hockey game is only one part of the equation. It's not like there is nothing else to do in Las Vegas. People plan trips there all the time. Even casual fans are going to have an interest in this game, unlike having a regional appearance with only a week to plan the trip.

• Upvote 3

People have 3 years to plan this trip, to a very popular destination, for a guaranteed game against a long time rival. That makes it a completely different animal from a regional. The hockey game is only one part of the equation. It's not like there is nothing else to do in Las Vegas. People plan trips there all the time. Even casual fans are going to have an interest in this game, unlike having a regional appearance with only a week to plan the trip.

^^^^this^^^^

That's a good point. There is a TON of lag time to plan the trip.

I'll revisit this in 2 years when we're working on national championship #10 to see what people's thoughts are then :)

• Upvote 2