SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota vs. Minnesota in Las Vegas - October 2018

fargosioux

1 minute ago, jdub27 said:

Pretty sure the date was mid-December. The game was announced in July as was the statement that Champions Club members would get pre-sale opportunities. That was plenty of time.

You obviously work for UND....? I would bet there will be a secondary market and the tickets will be steeeeeep!

• Upvote 1

The University of Think Small strikes again. I just don't understand how they didn't foresee this. Someone said it earlier and they are right, this would have been the most demand for tickets in the University history. Let's play it at a 7,700 seat Orleans Arena...what a joke.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, tnt said:

If that is truly the case, then instead of hyping the release to the general public, they should have been expressing that tickets were very limited, rather than getting everybody's hopes up.  And this is coming from somebody who got tickets in the Champions club presale. 

The UND administration underestimated the presale to Champion Club members.  They didn't think the game would sell out in a 7500 seat arena.  Appearantly they never heard that history is a great predictor of the future.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, ksixpack said:

C'mon, think about it...7500 tickets sold vs 20,000 tickets sold at $80 each before fees...unless the costs were over $1,000,000 the numbers don't add up.  And that is just ticket revenue...doesn't include merchandising, concessions, beer, and parking revenue...UND administration blew it by being conservative.  They don't know there own market.  For those of you thinking of buying on the secondary market...you are right everyone has a price but with MN only getting 200 tickets, what do you think their big wigs will pay for a ticket?

I don't know the exact costs, I'm just stating exactly what I was told by someone who had knowledge of it. I thought the exact same thing and agree that T-Mobile would have been better and told them that. They obviously underestimated the market.

14 minutes ago, NDRPinLV said:

Maybe for you guys that post 5,000+ to this message board . . .

If you didn't read the announcement, I guess its your own fault:
http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=211086390

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

You obviously work for UND....? I would bet there will be a secondary market and the tickets will be steeeeeep!

Not even close and of course. The funny thing is, I'm guessing there is a bunch of Champions Club members who bought tickets just because they were available and will make their decision on going later. I know of at least a handful that did.

A huge part of my group doesn't have tickets either. Going to have to figure it out I guess.

6 minutes ago, ksixpack said:

The game is still 20 months from now...lets get on the administration and coerce them to change this venue to the NHL rink!

I thought I heard it’s a rival company that owns the NHL rink and there was no deal on switching venues…

3 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Not even close and of course. The funny thing is, I'm guessing there is a bunch of Champions Club members who bought tickets just because they were available and will make their decision on going later. I know of at least a handful that did.

I bought six, not sure if I need all 6 since it is 20 MONTHS FROM NOW, but I have had 30 requests already form those who didn't get tickets, all UND fans.  As I said, this will be the hottest, and most expensive ticket in UND history.  MN fans basically have 0 tickets for this game...200 tickets for parents and administration alone.  Tickets will be going for over $1000 during the weeks before the game

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, AJS said:

The University of Think Small strikes again. I just don't understand how they didn't foresee this. Someone said it earlier and they are right, this would have been the most demand for tickets in the University history. Let's play it at a 7,700 seat Orleans Arena...what a joke.

They already have 7700 people going there, they'd be stupid not to at least look into a second game at the NHL arena

• Upvote 3

It seems that most people are just interested because it is in Vegas.  You can go to Vegas anytime.  It sometimes bothers me that people will go to extreme lengths to see certain games, yet when there are plenty of tickets available, they don't support the team by showing up.  It is no wonder why those special game tickets cost more yet are still in high demand.  

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, ksixpack said:

There was only 150 left for sale.  UND administration thought small and didn't get the NHL arena.  This will be the hardest ticket in UND history.  Could have easily sold 20,000 tickets.  15,000+ to UND and 5,000+ to MN.  Lost opportunity...shame on them for thinking small.  MN only has 200 seats for this game!

UND thought realistic.  Does 10,000 people in an NHL arena justify the costs?  MN can't get 5,000 people in their own arena so why would they all fly to Vegas for a single game?  

30 minutes ago, AJS said:

UND thinking small? Never.

They just can't get our of their own way, ever.

Again, what happens when there are 10-11,000 at the arena?  UND loses money.

30 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Exactly. UND allocated the majority of the tickets to the people who directly support the athletic department. Would have been a pretty cheap investment this year when $135 would have gotten you an easy way to get 2 regional tickets and 4 Vegas tickets.

Buying into the champions club this late wouldn't have gotten you tickets.  The allotment sold out.

23 minutes ago, Cratter said:

If everyone joined Champions Club, everyone would be in the same boat, up the creek without paddles. 

Precisely.

21 minutes ago, AJS said:

How many UND fans were in MSG?  The arena was half-full.

20 minutes ago, ksixpack said:

The UND administration underestimated the presale to Champion Club members.  They didn't think the game would sell out in a 7500 seat arena.  Appearantly they never heard that history is a great predictor of the future.

So 8,000 tickets at MSG isn't a recent and good look at history?  

9 minutes ago, cberkas said:

If I remember right USA Hockey put the game at Orleans Arena not UND.

UND chose Orleans because there are significant costs associated with an event like this.  Costs that UND has to recover, especially with all of the budget issues surrounding UND.  As a fan, I'm disappointed UND didn't go for T-Mobile, but I completely understand why not the first time around.

• Upvote 1