SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota vs. Minnesota in Las Vegas - October 2018

fargosioux

There was only 150 left for sale.  UND administration thought small and didn't get the NHL arena.  This will be the hardest ticket in UND history.  Could have easily sold 20,000 tickets.  15,000+ to UND and 5,000+ to MN.  Lost opportunity...shame on them for thinking small.  MN only has 200 seats for this game!

• Upvote 4

Just now, runaroundsioux said:

I know it's disappointing but just remember this thing is 18 months away. Alot of people bought as many as they could just because they could. Those tickets all don't have a home. Plus 18 months is a long time. Plans and schedules change,people die (JK). There will be tickets available.

The markup on the secondary market will be ridiculous I am sure 

1 minute ago, ksixpack said:

There was only 150 left for sale.  UND administration thought small and didn't get the NHL arena.  This will be the hardest ticket in UND history.  Could have easily sold 20,000 tickets.  15,000+ to UND and 5,000+ to MN.  Lost opportunity...shame on them for thinking small.  MN only has 200 seats for this game!

Well said . . .

10 minutes ago, southpaw said:

I think it's worse.  My guess is there are 2,000 tickets on the Vegas scalper market

Not unless Champions Club members are the ones putting them there. That is who got most of the tickets

9 minutes ago, ksixpack said:

They did plenty of looking into the T-Mobile Arena. The risk tied with the cost/guarantee didn't make it feasible.

Just now, runaroundsioux said:

I know it's disappointing but just remember this thing is 18 months away. Alot of people bought as many as they could just because they could. Those tickets all don't have a home. Plus 18 months is a long time. Plans and schedules change,people die (JK). There will be tickets available.

Yes, but at what cost? $99 + fees was already expensive for the average budget.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, ksixpack said:

UND thinking small? Never.

They just can't get our of their own way, ever.

2 minutes ago, runaroundsioux said:

You can join the champions club for $135 a year. All of my friends at that level got them. None of them are rich.

Exactly. UND allocated the majority of the tickets to the people who directly support the athletic department. Would have been a pretty cheap investment this year when $135 would have gotten you an easy way to get 2 regional tickets and 4 Vegas tickets.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, jdub27 said:

Exactly. UND allocated the majority of the tickets to the people who directly support the athletic department. Would have been a pretty cheap investment this year when $135 would have gotten you an easy way to get 2 regional tickets and 4 Vegas tickets.

I looked into joining recently just for the purpose of buying the Las Vegas game tickets, but you had to have joined by a date that had already passed.  Didn't seem to make much sense to limit it like that. 

Just now, jdub27 said:

Not unless Champions Club members are the ones putting them there. That is who got most of the tickets

They did plenty of looking into the T-Mobile Arena. Cost didn't make it feasible.

C'mon, think about it...7500 tickets sold vs 20,000 tickets sold at $80 each before fees...unless the costs were over $1,000,000 the numbers don't add up.  And that is just ticket revenue...doesn't include merchandising, concessions, beer, and parking revenue...UND administration blew it by being conservative.  They don't know there own market.  For those of you thinking of buying on the secondary market...you are right everyone has a price but with MN only getting 200 tickets, what do you think their big wigs will pay for a ticket?

• Upvote 1

Just now, NDRPinLV said:

I looked into joining recently just for the purpose of buying the Las Vegas game tickets, but you had to have joined by a date that had already passed.  Didn't seem to make much sense to limit it like that. 

Pretty sure the date was mid-December. The game was announced in July as was the statement that Champions Club members would get pre-sale opportunities. That was plenty of time.

9 minutes ago, runaroundsioux said:

The worse part is lot of people know lots of other people that wanted to go. I also know about six or seven groups of people who tried getting tickets at two pm. It was going to be a blast having such large groups of UND fans hanging out in Vegas together, unfortunately that will no longer happen and a couple of people will only be going from those 20 plus people. 

1 minute ago, runaroundsioux said:

For $135 a year you get priority ticket purchase, 15% discount at Sioux Shop, free volleyball and womens hockey admission,plus free food at tailgating,plus you're supporting UND athletics. Pretty good deal.

That's awesome! Except for the people who can't go to the Sioux shop, volleyball, hockey, or tailgating whenever they want due to distance...

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, ksixpack said:

If that is truly the case, then instead of hyping the release to the general public, they should have been expressing that tickets were very limited, rather than getting everybody's hopes up.  And this is coming from somebody who got tickets in the Champions club presale. 

• Upvote 2