SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota vs. Minnesota in Las Vegas - October 2018

fargosioux

16 hours ago, bigskyvikes said:

Cool....Is that good or bad? If the puck is by the net it is very exciting, but if not it seems all you can do to see is watch the screen. I'm not a fan of that when I have a choice. If it was the only tickets available I would take them though..

At least we're not competing for seats ;)

I like to sit at the end and watch the play develop.  I also like to sit up high enough to look over, instead of through, the glass (unless I can be in the first couple rows).  If I'm not at the end, I like to be about goal line deep on the side.  Kind of interesting how everyone develops their own "where I want to be" preferences.

15 minutes ago, siouxforcefans said:

I like to sit at the end and watch the play develop.  I also like to sit up high enough to look over, instead of through, the glass (unless I can be in the first couple rows).  If I'm not at the end, I like to be about goal line deep on the side.  Kind of interesting how everyone develops their own "where I want to be" preferences.

In just about any rink, I like the turn.  If it's community rink and I can, I will stand at the glass on the turn.  If it's a high capacity rink, I like the turn on the bottom row of the second bowl.  You obviously give something up when the puck is deep in the other zone, but still prefer it if I can choose whose end I'm at. 

3 hours ago, siouxforcefans said:

I have the same preference.

3 hours ago, burd said:

In just about any rink, I like the turn.  If it's community rink and I can, I will stand at the glass on the turn.  If it's a high capacity rink, I like the turn on the bottom row of the second bowl.  You obviously give something up when the puck is deep in the other zone, but still prefer it if I can choose whose end I'm at. 

This is my seat location at the REA. 314 Row B. I love my seats!

• Upvote 1

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 11:30 AM, bigskyvikes said:

I have the same preference.

This is my seat location at the REA. 314 Row B. I love my seats!

We sit in 306 Row C. UND shoots at this end twice, and a great view of the player benches. Oh, and the Red Pepper is right outside our section.

I win. :)

Dave

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Dave Berger said:

We sit in 306 Row C. UND shoots at this end twice, and a great view of the player benches. Oh, and the Red Pepper is right outside our section.

Dave

We have talked about that in our section, we would love to be in the same seats on the other end of the building! Red Pepper out the door....Dam!

Ok you do win..:(

Edit: I like our bar more though.;)

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Dave Berger said:

Dave

Red pepper makes it a few steps better than 303, but the extra steps back to 303 might help wear off some of the grinder. 

I have a different problem with 303. The lady in front of me puts her hair up in a bun, leans forward, and blocks the entire end where we shoot twice. I've got my eye on some other single seats that aren't season tickets this year. Hope to move away from the bun, and further away from the grinder.

2 hours ago, bigskyvikes said:

Edit: I like our bar more though.;)

I have to respectfully disagree.  Even though we no longer have our place in 302, the wife and I still make the trip upstairs to see Al and the crew at that end (even though they replace the good beer with ciders 2 years ago, and I have to buy my beer on the main level).

2 hours ago, siouxforcefans said:

I have to respectfully disagree.  Even though we no longer have our place in 302, the wife and I still make the trip upstairs to see Al and the crew at that end (even though they replace the good beer with ciders 2 years ago, and I have to buy my beer on the main level).

There is a few in our section that go to the north bar every break, their drinks are made before they get there, waiting for them at the end of the bar!

When we plan to go we let them know and drinks are waiting for us when we get there!

Try and beat that!:p  

I once even met a guy there one year that was an ex Dallas cowboy player, (I don't like the cowboys), but he was cool. I think he said "alumni Superbowl player" I believe that means he was on the practice squad, not sure. He let me try on his Superbowl ring and it fit over my wedding ring, it was YUGE!

Good times Good times!

Was at a  Super Bowl party this evening a person who thinks he is a goofer hockey fan. Used some foul language towards me when I told him the 2018 goofer vs FIGHTING SIOUX  game in Vegas was going to be  a sellout.:lol: I kind of rubbed it in his face when I told him I had already purchased 2 tickets and he would not be the person going to the game with me. He argued that no way would FIGHTING SIOUX FANS sell out the arena. I then told him the arena held about 6000 people and 90 % would be Sioux fans. He swore at me again and I told him we would see who is right when he is at home watching it on TV.:D

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1