SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota vs. Minnesota in Las Vegas - October 2018

fargosioux

This is nice but to have to wait for UND/MN to resume playing only to have it be in Las Vegas is kind of a bummer, hope at least it will be televised.

They resume the rivalry next season:

The rivalry will resume next season with a two-game series in Mariucci Arena. In 2016-17, they will play a two-game series in Ralph Engelstad Arena. The following year, it will be the U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame Game in Las Vegas.

Edited by fargosioux

This is nice but to have to wait for UND/MN to resume playing only to have it be in Las Vegas is kind of a bummer, hope at least it will be televised.

The teams will play next season (2016-2017) in Minneapolis. They will play in Grand Forks the following season (2017-2018). This Las Vegas game is in fall of 2018.

I knew we played them at Mariucci for a series but wasn't aware of the one in GF. That's great then the Vegas game won't be so bad but I still hope it's televised.

It most likely will be televised by FSN, but I could see the B1G Network wanting to televise that game.

This WILL be a lot of fun, one of the greatest ideas ever. I cannot believe the people that are actually complaining about this,wow, must just be a bunch of scrooges, are u kidding me!

Agreed combining two of my favorite things: UND Hockey and Vegas.

I try to convince my friends to get engaged just so I can go to Vegas for a bachelor party.  Now only a short 3 year wait until this game!

vegasvacation-o.gif

I thought Vegas was getting a new Arena?

Las Vegas' new arena will hold about 17,500 for hockey and will be finished in the spring of 2016.  http://arenalasvegas.com/about/quick-facts.aspx   It will be a fantastic facility and would be a great venue for the ND v. MN rivalry, but is owned by a different company (MGM Resorts and AEG) than the Orleans Arena (Boyd Gaming).

I have been to many hockey games in the Orleans Arena and it is also a good venue - all seats have good proximity and view of the ice and has luxury boxes.  There have been many Division 1 basketball games held there over the holidays, with big name programs, like North Carolina having played .  

It will be a great event for ND hockey and the City of Las Vegas - who will likely have an expansion NHL team playing in their first or second season by that time.