SiouxSports.com Forum

And then there were 2....

SWSiouxMN

Why should I vote when I can't stand either option? If I had to vote, I would vote FH. I went to RR and having the same name is just plain stupid IMO.

Please vote for F H so Red River HS has it's own identify - I agree having 2 in town is beyond Stupid - I'll take generic over Stupid

Edited by Fetch
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 12

Fighting Hawks is terrible. It is beyond generic and boring. We could have skipped this entire process if we end up with Hawks as that is what nearly every other team forced to change selected. Might as well be the sheep the way we follow everyone else around.

Edited by WiSioux
  • Upvote 1

the writing was pretty much on the wall after the first round.  Hawks dominated, getting 50% more votes than any other choice.  Hawks gained twice the support percentage-wise than either roughriders or nodaks did in this go-round.  as ol' Hank would say, It's All Over But the Crying. 

Edited by Siouxphan27
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

A guy that sits by me at the Ralph showed me that proposed Blackhawks logo, and told me that was going to be our new logo when we became the Fighting Hawks. After a while, I finally made him understand that his information was incorrect. I wonder how many people are voting for that name based on that logo.

A lot. 

A guy that sits by me at the Ralph showed me that proposed Blackhawks logo, and told me that was going to be our new logo when we became the Fighting Hawks. After a while, I finally made him understand that his information was incorrect. I wonder how many people are voting for that name based on that logo.

I don't think any more than the number of people who think any of the already in-use Roughriders logos floating around could be used.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Still can not figure out how Fighting Hawks fit even one of the criteria that was given to the committee to come up with the list - I would like to have someone who was on the committee address that. 

Siouxpride.com

Even if any of us were on that committee, they would have found a way to get the consultant's choice to the final.  Not for Sundogs, but at least it met some of the criteria. Now it's a matter of seeing the incredibly lame logo that the consultant will approve.

Even if any of us were on that committee, they would have found a way to get the consultant's choice to the final.  Not for Sundogs, but at least it met some of the criteria. Now it's a matter of seeing the incredibly lame logo that the consultant will approve.

This is the main reason for Nodak voters to hold their noses and vote Roughriders; to prevent the consultant's choice from winning.

No one has said you aren't important, vote however you wish. But to reject the only nickname left on the ballot that even comes close to meeting the original criteria over this GFRR crap is just short-sighted. Like I have said before, judge each name on its own individual merits. Fighting Hawks is unoriginal and is used by dozens of schools in various forms. Roughriders is used by ZERO NCAA schools right now and is has some ties to the State of North Dakota. It is a solid choice for the Flagship Institution of the North Dakota University System. We don't play GFRR, so who the heck cares if "they picked it first"?

This is about the future of UND and about the future generations that will walk on that campus. That is way more important than not "copying a local high school".

& so far 60% want Fighting Hawks 

PS...have I told u how much I like ur name here :silly:

Edited by Fetch

No one has said you aren't important, vote however you wish. But to reject the only nickname left on the ballot that even comes close to meeting the original criteria over this GFRR crap is just short-sighted. Like I have said before, judge each name on its own individual merits. Fighting Hawks is unoriginal and is used by dozens of schools in various forms. Roughriders is used by ZERO NCAA schools right now and is has some ties to the State of North Dakota. It is a solid choice for the Flagship Institution of the North Dakota University System. We don't play GFRR, so who the heck cares if "they picked it first"?

This is about the future of UND and about the future generations that will walk on that campus. That is way more important than not "copying a local high school".

a lot of us who did not vote for Roughriders did so based on entirely different reasoning.   there were several reasons not to vote for Roughriders, just as there were several reasons against any other name.   I've never bought into the made-up history purported by the ND Tourism Dept. involving the Roughriders.  And it appears i'm not alone in that line of thinking.  

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1