SiouxSports.com Forum

2015-2016 Basketball on TV

82SiouxGuy

While this is fantastic, I hope the athletic department is working for this same type of deal with football and hockey. Yes, football has Eversports (not impressed), but it would be nice to see most games on Fox College Sports or even Fox Sports North or Fox Sports North Plus (when available). Same with hockey having NCHC.tv, which works ok, but still isn't as reliable as the tv feed they had with Fox College Sports a few years ago.

Bottom line is while webcasts are great, these tv deals are even better. I'll definitely be watching more Sioux/Nodak/Roughrider basketball this year.

While this is fantastic, I hope the athletic department is working for this same type of deal with football and hockey. Yes, football has Eversports (not impressed), but it would be nice to see most games on Fox College Sports or even Fox Sports North or Fox Sports North Plus (when available). Same with hockey having NCHC.tv, which works ok, but still isn't as reliable as the tv feed they had with Fox College Sports a few years ago.

Bottom line is while webcasts are great, these tv deals are even better. I'll definitely be watching more Sioux/Nodak/Roughrider basketball this year.

Not possible with the current Midco contract.  FSN gets to choose from the games Midco doesn't pick up.  Midco picks up all hockey and football gamse.  Would like to see FSN become the lead broadcaster next go around.  

Not possible with the current Midco contract.  FSN gets to choose from the games Midco doesn't pick up.  Midco picks up all hockey and football gamse.  Would like to see FSN become the lead broadcaster next go around.  

UND would be approximately 8th priority with Fox Sports North after the Twins, Timberwolves, Wild, Gopher football, Gopher basketball, Gopher hockey and assorted Minnesota High School and small college sports. They like the basketball games because they have lost enough games to other networks that they have some holes in their schedule, and UND does the production work so they are cheap to produce. But I don't think they are bringing a whole lot of cash in for UND.

Due to the Root sports/Big Sky contract conference games can't be on FCS.

Edited by southpaw