SiouxSports.com Forum

50% to win, or there will be a runoff between 2...

Hayduke

I'm guessing fighting Hawks and rough riders and the nodak faithful need to change allegiances or they could just vote rough riders now. 

I'm still voting Nodaks, but if Nodaks doesn't make the final cut, then i'll vote Roughriders. Need to remember the votes between nodaks and roughriders were close, and there are still a fair number of votes to be reallocated from the sundogs and North Stars groups. This votes seems to.be more to determine who is in the final vote between nodaks and roughriders. After that I still think either one has a shot against fighting hawks.

• Upvote 1

I'm still voting Nodaks, but if Nodaks doesn't make the final cut, then i'll vote Roughriders. Need to remember the votes between nodaks and roughriders were close, and there are still a fair number of votes to be reallocated from the sundogs and North Stars groups. This votes seems to.be more to determine who is in the final vote between nodaks and roughriders. After that I still think either one has a shot against fighting hawks.

Assuming only the same people, and all the same people, vote again in the 2nd round.  With a third vote looming, I doubt this round gets as many votes, esp from those two groups.

Assuming only the same people, and all the same people, vote again in the 2nd round.  With a third vote looming, I doubt this round gets as many votes, esp from those two groups.

Maybe, but remember how close the vote was between Nodaks and Roughriders. It wouldn't take too much for that to flip flop, so it could get interesting.

that would be a good thing right :)

I'll take it, I would love to see Nodaks in the top 2. I really think it is the best option, and I hope it wins. Though if Nodaks, can't overcome Roughriders, then I'll vote for Roughriders over Hawks. I just can't vote for something as generic as a hawk. Too many of those out there.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I am in the Nodak camp but could live with Roughriders. What I have a hard time with is the consultants who recommended Fighting Hawks collecting their finders fee after spending all of three minutes of their precious lives coming up with that name.

• Upvote 4

If my math is correct (BIG IF)  FH would need to get 68.7% of the Sundog/North Star vote to reach a 50% total and win.  I don't think it would happen but if it does I could live with that.  Not my choice of  names but at that point I would be in the minority and would adjust. 

If my math is correct (BIG IF)  FH would need to get 68.7% of the Sundog/North Star vote to reach a 50% total and win.  I don't think it would happen but if it does I could live with that.  Not my choice of  names but at that point I would be in the minority and would adjust. 

That 68.7% number is entirely possible if those groups were voting for "the safest option" and all vote again.  My hunch is that someone is much more likely to go from Sundogs to Hawks, than from Sundogs to Rough Riders.  But since I don't fall in that group, it's just a hunch.:D

That 68.7% number is entirely possible if those groups were voting for "the safest option" and all vote again.  My hunch is that someone is much more likely to go from Sundogs to Hawks, than from Sundogs to Rough Riders.  But since I don't fall in that group, it's just a hunch.:D

I had the same thought.  Someone who was willing to vote for Sundogs or North Stars will probably have no problem voting for Fighting Hawks.

The apathy/disillusionment rate concerns me. Which of the names will lose the most support? Either by apathy or being disenfranchised by their favorite name already being eliminated or just being tired of the drawn out process.

I wonder if that is part of the strategy to get F'Hawks to come out on top. If the poll on this forum is an indication, there may only be half the votes cast as there was in the first round. If that is the case, if enough supporters of any of the 3 remaining names stay the course, it may very well win the 50% required to be the next nickname this round. The comforting thought about this is that Roughriders has polled the best here, so hoping that translates into more apathy in the Nodaks and F'Hawks camps and allows this stupid process to end this week with the selection of Roughriders as the new UND nickname.

Go 'Ridas!

The apathy/disillusionment rate concerns me. Which of the names will lose the most support? Either by apathy or being disenfranchised by their favorite name already being eliminated or just being tired of the drawn out process.

I wonder if that is part of the strategy to get F'Hawks to come out on top. If the poll on this forum is an indication, there may only be half the votes cast as there was in the first round. If that is the case, if enough supporters of any of the 3 remaining names stay the course, it may very well win the 50% required to be the next nickname this round. The comforting thought about this is that Roughriders has polled the best here, so hoping that translates into more apathy in the Nodaks and F'Hawks camps and allows this stupid process to end this week with the selection of Roughriders as the new UND nickname.

Go 'Ridas!

Talked to a former UND grad today, good friend, and I asked him who he was voting for this time around...He said, "i'm not going to play their game so screw'em"....whatever name eventually wins is definitely tainted by the fact that simply 'North Dakota' was left off the ballot.  This whole process has divided us and that is sad...

• Upvote 3