SiouxSports.com Forum

We can make this Roughriders vrs. Fighting Hawks

NDinCO

why? what is it about Roughriders that you hate so much?

“We will bring North Dakota into the 21st century, kicking and screaming, but we will do it,“David Gipp said, winning applause from the audience of about 50 people. 

Ron His Horse Is Thunder suggested a replacement nickname that would focus on a North Dakota hero, Teddy Roosevelt. 

“I would ask the UND alumni, the state board of Higher Education, . . . to take a look at changing the logo and choose an image that all of North Dakota could be proud of,” he said “We have the perfect logo: North Dakota Rough Riders. . . . Who could object to that? It is talking about bravery; it is talking about courage. I think everyone could agree on that.

Well,there's that.

• Upvote 1

Or they could, well, you know, vote for Hawks.... dude, you are something else.

Man up? Is anyone arguing that Nodaks came in third? You sound like you're on steroids, screaming in the middle of the gym that no one in the room is man enough to spot you. Get over yourself. You wanna vote Riders, vote Riders.

And around and around we go. You think you'll be the one to influence anyone? Absolutely not.

C'mon man, you know logic goes nowhere on nickname threads. :)

• Upvote 1

“We will bring North Dakota into the 21st century, kicking and screaming, but we will do it,“David Gipp said, winning applause from the audience of about 50 people. 

Ron His Horse Is Thunder suggested a replacement nickname that would focus on a North Dakota hero, Teddy Roosevelt. 

“I would ask the UND alumni, the state board of Higher Education, . . . to take a look at changing the logo and choose an image that all of North Dakota could be proud of,” he said “We have the perfect logo: North Dakota Rough Riders. . . . Who could object to that? It is talking about bravery; it is talking about courage. I think everyone could agree on that.

Well,there's that.

I can live with that...that is a legit reason to hate Roughriders.

Nobody hates Ron His Horse Is Thunder for what he added to this situation, just what he took from it. So he had a decent suggestion, big deal. Maybe he's a great guy and the only hangup was his distain for our former nickname.

Maybe, but I'm definitely not going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Man up? Is anyone arguing that Nodaks came in third? You sound like you're on steroids, screaming in the middle of the gym that no one in the room is man enough to spot you. Get over yourself. You wanna vote Riders, vote Riders.

And around and around we go. You think you'll be the one to influence anyone? Absolutely not.

slow-clap.gif

• Upvote 2

If you're ever in section 314 at a Sioux hockey game drop me a message and I will buy ice cold Molson's and we can laugh at how awesome your reply is! :)

• Upvote 1

Nobody hates Ron His Horse Is Thunder for what he added to this situation, just what he took from it. So he had a decent suggestion, big deal. Maybe he's a great guy and the only hangup was his distain for our former nickname.

While I have a hard time not disliking Ron His Horse Knows More after his slanderous and false comments about UND being a racist and hateful place, even a broken clock is right twice a day. And one of those times was when he suggested Roughriders as a replacement for Fighting Sioux.

A good idea is a good idea, even if the originator of that idea is someone you don't like otherwise.

So according to some, we can't vote RR because of Ron His Horse is Thunder,  and Hawks because of Kelley, so Nodaks is the only ... wait, I heard Don Lucia loves that so he can show his disdain for North Dakotans, for that matter most of their fan base.  How about voting on merits of each name.

• Upvote 3