Vote for the final 3

jimdahl

Which of the final three?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. What will you vote for?

• Fighting Hawks
    • Roughriders
    • Nodaks

Get off your soap box buddy. I'm voting for the option I like best. I didn't make up the rules and I didn't change the rules. If this goes to a third runoff, and Nodaks is not in it, then I will vote Roughriders. Though the thought is crossing my mind to completely vote against Roughriders, just to piss you off.

spoken like a true supporter/fan of the University of North Dakota! congrats.

maybe switch that to "I'm voting for the option that's BEST FOR THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH DAKOTA?

great reason to vote one way or the other...a true supporter/fan of University of North Dakota! congrats.

Thanks man! While I would never actually vote that way, I'm really trying to get down to your level of thinking. I think you really need to back off of people on these threads a bit ... all you're doing is criticizing everyone who doesn't vote the way you want them to. If that is the case, then what is the point of a voting system?

I like Nodaks the best ... I don't need to justify why, but I will. I think it sounds the best of the 3. I think it is unique. I always like the idea of just North Dakota, and this is the most similar. Logo options are pretty limitless.

If there is a 3rd vote (and Nodaks is not an option) then I'll vote roughriders. Also sounds good. Also unique. I could care less that it is the name of the local high school. Great logo possibilities (including the logo you have posted). BUT I don't like it as much as Nodaks.

I don't like Fighting Hawks and I never have. It is boring, generic, unimaginative, the same as too many other schools, etc. If it wins, then so be it, but it won't be because of me.

You can say a vote for Nodaks is a vote for Fighting Hawks ... I could say the same about Roughriders, considering both were close in total votes, and there are now a whole mix of Sundog and North Star voters in the mix. Bottom line ... You vote for what you want, and I'll vote for what I want. 

• Upvote 4

spoken like a true supporter/fan of the University of North Dakota! congrats.

maybe switch that to "I'm voting for the option that's BEST FOR THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH DAKOTA?

While I am on your side wanting Roughriders, I tend to agree with these posters that you are teetering on the edge of pissing them off.

Ask the Nodak voters to join us, but your real target should be the North Stars and Sundog people. They are the ones whose favorite candidate lost and have the swing votes going forward.  If you can get, let's say, 75% of them to vote Roughriders and swing some Nodak'ers, that should put 'ridas ahead of Hawks. 

Just my my two cents. 

Get off your soap box buddy. I'm voting for the option I like best. I didn't make up the rules and I didn't change the rules. If this goes to a third runoff, and Nodaks is not in it, then I will vote Roughriders. Though the thought is crossing my mind to completely vote against Roughriders, just to piss you off.

great reason to vote one way or the other...a true supporter/fan of University of North Dakota! congrats.

post-43162-shhh-just-go-gif-Imgur-Jim-Ca

;)

still my favorite is " I won't Roughriders because RRHS already has it....I voted for the fighting hawks"

so two is worse then 10,000

http://10000birds.com/sports-teams-with-bird-names.htm

From that link I navigated to this one which lists schools with bird mascots.  He notes at the bottom the most used were hawks and falcons for the same reason (fierce, predator, blah blah bland).  I took the liberty of counting ONLY the Hawk, or Hawk related nicknames. I didn't even count the other bird nicknames (Eagles, Ravens, Pelicans, etc.) Here they are, and note that I can't speak to it's accuracy anymore as it was published on 9/13/2006, so take it for what it's worth. Here we go:

Dickinson State University (Dickinson, North Dakota) - Blue Hawks 

Loras College (Dubuque, Iowa) - "Duhawks" (Dubuque Hawks) 

Hartwick College (Oneonta, New York) - Hawks 
Hilbert College (Hamburg, New York) - Hawks 
Hunter College-City University of New York (New York, New York) - Hawks 
Huntingdon College (Montgomery, Alabama) - Hawks 
Monmouth University (Monmouth, New Jersey) - Hawks 
Quincy University (Quincy, Illinois) - Hawks 
Rockhurst College (Kansas City, Missouri) - Hawks 
Roger Williams University (Bristol, Rhode Island) - Hawks 
Saint Anselm College (Manchester, New Hampshire) - Hawks 
Saint Joseph's University (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania) - Hawks 
San Diego Christian College (El Cajon, California) - Hawks 
Shorter College (Rome, Georgia) - Hawks 
State University of New York-College at New Paltz (New Paltz, New York) - Hawks 
University of Hartford (Hartford, Connecticut) - Hawks 
University of Maryland-Eastern Shore (Princess Anne, Maryland) - Hawks 

University of Kansas (Lawrence, Kansas) - Jayhawk 

Coe College (Cedar Rapids, Iowa) - Kohawks 

Lehigh University (Bethlehem, Pennsylvania) - Mountain Hawks 

Thomas College (Thomasville, Georgia) - Nighthawks 

Indiana University-Northwest (Gary, Indiana) (former nickname: The Blast) - Redhawks 
Miami University (Oxford, Ohio) (former nickname: Redskins) - Redhawks 
Seattle University (Seattle, Washington) - Redhawks 
Southeast Missouri State University (Cape Girardeau, Missouri) (former nicknames: Indians for men and Otahkians for women) - Redhawks 

LaRoche College (Pittsburgh, Penbnsylvania) - Red Hawks 
Montclair State University (Upper Montclair, New Jersey) - Red Hawks 
Ripon College (Ripon, Wisconsin) - Red Hawks 

University of Massachusetts-Lowell (Lowell, Massachusetts) - River Hawks 

Illinois Institute of Technology (Chicago, Illinois) - Scarlet Hawks 
Northwood University (West Palm Beach, Florida) - Seahawks 
Salve Regina University (Newport, Rhode Island) - Seahawks 
St. Mary's College of Maryland (St. Mary's City, Maryland) - Seahawks 
University of North Carolina-Wilmington (North Carolina) - Seahawks 
Wagner College (Staten Island, New York) - Seahawks 

Fort Lewis College (Durango, Colorado) - Skyhawks 
Stonehill College (North Easton, Massachusetts) (former nickname: Chieftains) - Skyhawks 
University of Tennessee-Martin - Skyhawks 

Miami University-Middletown (Middletown, Ohio) - Thunderhawks 

Viterbo University (LaCrosse, Wisconsin) - V-Hawks 

University of Louisiana-Monroe (Monroe, Louisiana) (former nickname: Indians) - Warhawks 
University of Wisconsin-Whitewater (Whitewater, Wisconsin) - Warhawks

Last I counted there were 42 Hawk or hawk related nicknames. Feel free to count the other birds, I don't have the time or the patience. But seriously please consider this list when voting. I know none have "Fighting" in front but I assure you, it won't separate the University of North Dakota from this list. Let's be 1/1 not 1/42.

• Upvote 4

will the real vote look a lot like this vote where i think over 200 voted last week and so far half way thru the week 111 have voted and it is really slowed down in the last 24 hours...what would the third vote (if they are really having athird vote) look like?? 8000 votes?

The administration better be praying Nodaks doesn't win. Can you imagine the outcry from the non-nodak crowd since it should have been eliminated according to the original rules?  While the sensible crowd might be okay with it knowing it most likely had to survive two run-off rounds, the non-sensible crowd will blow a gasket.   These final rounds of voting need to finally bring closure to this whole thing (after a brief morning period for the fallen names).