Vote for the final 3

jimdahl

Which of the final three?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. What will you vote for?

• Fighting Hawks
    • Roughriders
    • Nodaks

I do not believe RR voters will switch to Nodaks. Nodak voters, however, could be persuaded to switch to RR based on the fact that the original criteria says Nodaks shouldn't even be in the running anymore. And both RR and Nodak voters have a common enemy: Fighting Hawks.

I do believe Roughriders has the best chance of preventing Fighting Hawks from winning.

I do think some nodak voters might be swayed to FH or RR after that ridiculous webcast where our 100+ years of branding as University of North Dakota, North Dakota, or UND was pissed on with nodak this, nodak that, nodak on the power play...even the gophers announcers might have swayed a few away from nodak...but like you said just its there doesn't mean you have to vote for it...it shouldn'tbe there in the first place so vote like the process was first announced...for either fh or rr???

• Upvote 2

I do not believe RR voters will switch to Nodaks. Nodak voters, however, could be persuaded to switch to RR based on the fact that the original criteria says Nodaks shouldn't even be in the running anymore. And both RR and Nodak voters have a common enemy: Fighting Hawks.

I do believe Roughriders has the best chance of preventing Fighting Hawks from winning.

IMO you may be overestimating the hatred for Hawks.    I'm guessing some voted For nodaks because they were not enamored with any of the four other choices.   So if this would've played out like it should have, I don't think the ratio of original Nodak voters switching to RR would be much larger than those switching to Hawks.....

My fear is people who voted for the Hawks voted for a logo that will not be the official logo. The logo that resembles the Sioux logo will not happen. I fear they voted for the logo over the name. Another generic flapping bird to join the already >20 Hawks out there and >40 birds.... Vote for the name not the logo.

• Upvote 2

IMO you may be overestimating the hatred for Hawks.    I'm guessing some voted For nodaks because they were not enamored with any of the four other choices.   So if this would've played out like it should have, I don't think the ratio of original Nodak voters switching to RR would be much larger than those switching to Hawks.....

Well, it does seem to be getting the most hate right now from the non-PC voters.

Well, it does seem to be getting the most hate right now from the non-PC voters.

on this site, yes. But as we just saw in the actual election, the thoughts on this site didn't really hold true to the general und population's vote.

it would be interesting to poll everyone on this site that voted for nodaks originally, and see how they would vote now if fighting hawks and Roughriders were the only two options 

Tim Hennessey said he was going to vote for Fighting Hawks but said he would just shorten it to Hawks.  Hate to listen to him during a Frozen Four with U Mass Lowell Riverhawks and Miami Redhawks if he is going to shorten them.  

Tim Hennessey said he was going to vote for Fighting Hawks but said he would just shorten it to Hawks.  Hate to listen to him during a Frozen Four with U Mass Lowell Riverhawks and Miami Redhawks if he is going to shorten them.  

that goes to show that right now we don't know if Kelly and his wife might switch/alter the names as seen needed meaning that fighting hawks might just be hawks and nodaks might be fighting nodaks and roughriders might be riders....with a logo like this

hot-wheels-327697.jpg

I'd be fine with that if we actually knew which way Nodak voters or RR voters would lean this time around.  But we don't, and we risk cancelling each other out.   I'd do the same as you if I knew there wasn't a similar migration from RR to Nodak.

Like I said, you shouldn't have that dilemma to deal with.  You should be able to vote your conscience and have another vote if nobody reaches 50 percent.  

I'm voting Nodaks. I can't support the same name as a HS down the road, which I graduated from. Talk about unoriginal. This whole mess is so disappointing! IMO There would not have been this kind of devisiveness had ND been on the ballot. what a    S-show!

I still find this unbelievably ironic that the same people bitching and moaning about Kelly and his wife making an executive decision to take "only North Dakota" off the ballot are totally okay with Kelly and his wife making another executive decision to put nodaks back in the game...totally fine with that!!! grow a pair and vote either for fighing hawks or roughriders or your just as bad as Kelly and we get what we deserve.....

I still find this unbelievably ironic that the same people bitching and moaning about Kelly and his wife making an executive decision to take "only North Dakota" off the ballot are totally okay with Kelly and his wife making another executive decision to put nodaks back in the game...totally fine with that!!! grow a pair and vote either for fighing hawks or roughriders or your just as bad as Kelly and we get what we deserve.....

I'm not sure that is really the case. I've seen plenty of people in these forums that are fans of the Nodak name, that are still disgusted with him constantly changing the way is being done. I'm not a fan of what he is doing, but I'm still going to vote for the name I like best, which is Nodaks. If it goes to a second runoff (which it should, but probably won't), then I'll vote for whichever name IS NOT fighting hawks.

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure that is really the case. I've seen plenty of people in these forums that are fans of the Nodak name, that are still disgusted with him constantly changing the way is being done. I'm not a fan of what he is doing, but I'm still going to vote for the name I like best, which is Nodaks. If it goes to a second runoff (which it should, but probably won't), then I'll vote for whichever name IS NOT fighting hawks.

I agree. I voted Nodaks, but I think Kelley should have stayed with the process he originally laid out. Since he didn't, why shouldn't I vote for the name I want- Nodaks.

no...it is. bends the rule to favor you...your ok.....bend the rules against him and he's the biggest pos around...a vote for nodak is essesntially a vote for fighting hawks

no...it is. bends the rule to favor you...your ok.....bend the rules against him and he's the biggest pos around...a vote for nodak is essesntially a vote for fighting hawks

I never said I was ok with it, but I'm not going to vote for a name I don't particularly like, if there is one I like better on the ballot.

Weren't you the one that said his decision was going to favor Rough Riders?

if anyone votes nodaks you are essentially saying I'm okay with it...

Get off your soap box buddy. I'm voting for the option I like best. I didn't make up the rules and I didn't change the rules. If this goes to a third runoff, and Nodaks is not in it, then I will vote Roughriders. Though the thought is crossing my mind to completely vote against Roughriders, just to piss you off.

• Upvote 2

Get off your soap box buddy. I'm voting for the option I like best. I didn't make up the rules and I didn't change the rules. If this goes to a third runoff, and Nodaks is not in it, then I will vote Roughriders. Though the thought is crossing my mind to completely vote against Roughriders, just to piss you off.

great reason to vote one way or the other...a true supporter/fan of University of North Dakota! congrats.