Vote for the final 3

jimdahl

Which of the final three?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. What will you vote for?

• Fighting Hawks
    • Roughriders
    • Nodaks

I think the irony in this switch and bait is that if it was FH v RR (and all Kelly announced was the two with the most votes going head to head as planned) the FH would win imo.. with this fraud now I think a lot of voters will see a FH/Nodaks vote as being with Fuhrer Kelly and maybe vote RR over the top?

• Upvote 1

All 82,000 will be eligible to vote again.  It is possible many didn't vote because they either didn't care, or they were expecting a runoff.  Seeing Fighting Hawks may get more of the RR or Nodak supporters to vote.

Why I don't understand is if 82,000 plus people registered their email to verify they were eligible, Why did so few vote?  It's not like you had to go wait in line at a polling site.  YOu could do it from your phone it about 30 seconds.  No excuse wy the voter turnout shouldn't have been higher.

When 3/4's of the voters chose not to vote, you know there is a problem.  60,000 people feel that this system is flawed and messed up, and I agree.  

60,000 "non votes" is a majority...I hate to say it, but this whole thing needs to be blown up and done over...

I think the irony in this switch and bait is that if it was FH v RR (and all Kelly announced was the two with the most votes going head to head as planned) the FH would win imo.. with this fraud now I think a lot of voters will see a FH/Nodaks vote as being with Fuhrer Kelly and maybe vote RR over the top?

This appears to be happening on this thread, if you look at the voting numbers right now:

• Fighting Hawks = 7
  • Roughriders = 25
  • Nodaks = 6
If Roughriders gets over 50% in the run-off because of the bait and switch tactic, I wonder what Kelley will do? Accept the results? Or just ignore them and appoint Fighting Hawks?
Edited by fightingsioux4life

I wrote this on the other thread, but why don't we do a vote, assigning points to your top two picks.  It would at least give some idea how the Nodak or Roughrider crowd would vote if it came down to Fighting Hawks and one of them.  

When 3/4's of the voters chose not to vote, you know there is a problem.  60,000 people feel that this system is flawed and messed up, and I agree.  

60,000 "non votes" is a majority...I hate to say it, but this whole thing needs to be blown up and done over...

I wouldn't hang my hat on "60,000" didn't vote.  Anyone who was eligible with an e-mail on file got a link. Tons of alumni could not care less about the process or athletics in general, they just so happened to be in the system, so as an eligible voter, so they were counted whether the wanted to be or not.  Same with students or employees. It would be different if every single person had to register ahead of time and could be considered "active".

• Upvote 1

They've dug themselves quite a hole, haven't they. 

Imagine the top two (of three) within 126 votes ... and no majority. 

I'm thinking Kelley would have been inclusive if it were even in the 200+ range, but you're right, it would be nice to watch him squirm in that scenario. 

I'm thinking Kelley would have been inclusive if it were even in the 200+ range, but you're right, it would be nice to watch him squirm in that scenario. 

On second thought, he wouldn't squirm.  It would just be business as usual for him with his making it up as he goes along philosophy.  

Edited by tnt

More likely those 60,000 don't care - just like our national elections. 

Some thoughts from a 50 year UND hockey fan, former student, with many family members who have been both student and faculty at UND.  Also a long time supporter of the Sioux nickname.

The response rate to this survey would be considered quite good by professional researchers. The responses to SS.com poll are not projectable to any group except the posters who voted on SS.com The fact that the SS.com poll differs so greatly from the official poll should be a wake-up call to posters here: You do not represent the voting population in your opinions and preferences.  Your conspiracy theories and demanding tones are misguided.  

Please let the whining be over after the runoff.  There are biased hockey referees and self righteous Gopher fans that deserve your conspiracy theories and hatred much more than this nickname change process, however ineptly handled.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 3

Some thoughts from a 50 year UND hockey fan, former student, with many family members who have been both student and faculty at UND.  Also a long time supporter of the Sioux nickname.

The response rate to this survey would be considered quite good by professional researchers. The responses to SS.com poll are not projectable to any group except the posters who voted on SS.com The fact that the SS.com poll differs so greatly from the official poll should be a wake-up call to posters here: You do not represent the voting population in your opinions and preferences.  Your conspiracy theories and demanding tones are misguided.  

Please let the whining be over after the runoff.  There are biased hockey referees and self righteous Gopher fans that deserve your conspiracy theories and hatred much more than this nickname change process, however ineptly handled.

So you have no problem whatsoever with Kelley changing the rules at the last minute on the flimsy excuse that #2 and #3 are too close together? Whatever floats your boat, I guess. But if pointing that out makes us "whiners", then so be it.

thank you Mrs. Kelly...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If Roughriders would've finished third and Nodaks second, my opinion would've been the same.  Runoff between the top two.  I voted for Roughriders by the way.

If Roughriders would've finished third and Nodaks second, my opinion would've been the same.  Runoff between the top two.  I voted for Roughriders by the way.

I agree, unless one of them hits >50% I would hope to see a showdown between the top two.

• Upvote 1

I agree, unless one of them hits >50% I would hope to see a showdown between the top two.

One way we can end this once and for all is to vote Roughriders and push it over 50%. Otherwise, we'll get stuck with Fighting Hawks off of a plurality (33%+1). And that would be a farce, so much so that this issue may continue to fester and simmer until people start demanding a do-over. And UND doesn't need that nonsense right now.

• Upvote 2

One wa we can end this once and for all is to vote Roughriders and push it over 50%. Otherwise, we'll get stuck with Fighting Hawks off of a plurality (33%+1). And that would be a farce, so much so that this issue may continue to fester and simmer until people start demanding a do-over. And UND doesn't need that nonsense right now.

or we could vote Nodak and wouldn't be stuck with FH :)

I know but this poll gets me thinking.  If Nodak voters jump ship to RR I'll probably have to follow. I just wish it was RR and Nodaks.

I'd be fine with that if we actually knew which way Nodak voters or RR voters would lean this time around.  But we don't, and we risk cancelling each other out.   I'd do the same as you if I knew there wasn't a similar migration from RR to Nodak.

One way we can end this once and for all is to vote Roughriders and push it over 50%. Otherwise, we'll get stuck with Fighting Hawks off of a plurality (33%+1). And that would be a farce, so much so that this issue may continue to fester and simmer until people start demanding a do-over. And UND doesn't need that nonsense right now.

Too late for this being a "farce", this is a joke.  I'm voting NoDaks because it's at least somewhat original.  There's already RoughRiders at the High School, and Fighting Hawks is just silly because you try to retain some of the past by keeping the word "Fighting" and then you pick the most bland animal/bird possible.  Yuck.  I am really disheartened by this whole process.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I'd be fine with that if we actually knew which way Nodak voters or RR voters would lean this time around.  But we don't, and we risk cancelling each other out.   I'd do the same as you if I knew there wasn't a similar migration from RR to Nodak.

I do not believe RR voters will switch to Nodaks. Nodak voters, however, could be persuaded to switch to RR based on the fact that the original criteria says Nodaks shouldn't even be in the running anymore. And both RR and Nodak voters have a common enemy: Fighting Hawks.

I do believe Roughriders has the best chance of preventing Fighting Hawks from winning.