SiouxSports.com Forum

Predict the outcome

jimdahl

I've noticed a lot of predictions in other threads about what the voting tally will be (not who you want to win, but what you think will happen).

Brad's hallway poll of student athletes probably isn't a representative sample. Even the people voting here certainly aren't representative of the 80,000 eligible.

So, what do you think the outcome will be and why?

A run-off between Roughriders and Nodaks.  The run-off will be won by Roughriders, largely due to Nodaks not being defined.  Since no one knows what it is, or how to define it (in terms of a sports team and logo), many will pick the familiar logo options of Teddy or a horse.  Others will now say that being undefined is what makes it appealing, but I'm not debating, just predicting :)

And North Stars is still the best name, IMHO!

I also believe it will be a run-off between Roughriders and Nodaks.  Unfortunately, IMO, Nodaks will win the run-off.  I can live with it, but I don't see the licensed gear changing much (what little UND licensed gear stores outside of Grand Forks carry now anyway).

From a general overlook,    it seems with  all the nicknames there is a degree of   hatred for each of the possibilities  for one reason or another.    It seems that even though Roughriders isn't the number 1 choice for some people, most people would be willing to accept it if it isn't their number 1 choice.  A lot of people have it as their number 1 or number 2 choice.      For that reason I think Roughriders would me the most  accepted by the majority, and most  people would be willing to give it a chance if it is chosen.     

RoughRiders will win outright on the first vote.

I sure hope so. I have a feeling it has been the choice of the silent majority for a long-time, but supporters have been much quieter and reserved than the Fighting Sioux Hardliners, the No-Namers and the Nodakers (there is considerable overlap amongst those three groups, but it isn't 100%).

I guess we'll find out later this month.

• Upvote 1

I sure hope so. I have a feeling it has been the choice of the silent majority for a long-time, but supporters have been much quieter and reserved than the Fighting Sioux Hardliners, the No-Namers and the Nodakers (there is considerable overlap amongst those three groups, but it isn't 100%).

I guess we'll find out later this month.

I can't remember...does the voting close down this weekend or on Friday?  I would imagine if it closed on Friday, we would get the results over the weekend.  Especially if there would be a runoff.  (Which I predict there will not be...but, hey, it could happen..)

I can't remember...does the voting close down this weekend or on Friday?  I would imagine if it closed on Friday, we would get the results over the weekend.  Especially if there would be a runoff.  (Which I predict there will not be...but, hey, it could happen..)

Voting ends at 11:59 PM on Friday.  I bet the results come right away on Monday.

I think the voting closes at 11:59:59 PM on Friday, October 23rd. As to when the results will be announced, I hope it is sooner rather than later or else the tin-foil hat wearing conspiracy theorists will come out of the woodwork with their pitchforks and torches.