SiouxSports.com Forum

University of north dakota fighting nodaks

fightingsioux08

military nostalgia is something I won't apologize for...part of liking the RR/teddy is the military aspect. if we go with the Marlboro man for the logo that's fine...a horse I;m fine with.  if we have teddy then we are HONORING him and the military as a whole.  I'm just poking fun at the people that got warm and fuzzy when brad s. posted a pic of a 5'10 155lbs offensive lineman from the1922 football posing in a nodak jersey.

What is crazy about your complaint on Nodaks not having aa cool logo is, all these you said could be cool for RR could also be used for Nodaks!

What is crazy about your complaint on Nodaks not having aa cool logo is, all these you said could be cool for RR could also be used for Nodaks!

about 99% sure that if RR wins the logo will western themed...a cowboy, a horse, teddy...problem with nodak its really really open to interpretation...a nodak could be a rainbow, an owl, a train, a hick in overalls with a big dip in....it is whatever that person wants it to be who is makingthe logo...

They could do the process over again and come up with 5 new names and you (and others) would be making the same claim.

This intrigues me.  Somebody should create a randomizer program with the list of 63 'approved' nickname suggestions (http://und.edu/university-public-affairs/_files/docs/nickname/63-nicknames.pdf) and pull a bunch of subsets of 5 and see what happens.

about 99% sure that if RR wins the logo will western themed...a cowboy, a horse, teddy...problem with nodak its really really open to interpretation...a nodak could be a rainbow, an owl, a train, a hick in overalls with a big dip in....it is whatever that person wants it to be who is makingthe logo...

.....or "The Artist Formerly Known As The Fighting Sioux". :p

• Downvote 1

What's to stop the UND admin from installing a sundog-like rainbow as the logo for NoDaks?  Berry and others think they have outsmarted Kelley, but Kelley could gain the last laugh.  With NoDaks, anything is possible for a logo.  Don't leave that decision to UND admins, as they will make it as PC as possible.  There is no vote on a logo.

That's why I always liked RR, because a logo is likely to be a western theme.

Edited by SiouxVolley
  • Upvote 2

What's to stop the UND admin from installing a sundog-like rainbow as the logo for NoDaks?  Berry and others think they have outsmarted Kelley, but Kelley could gain the last laugh.  With NoDaks, anything is possible for a logo.  Don't leave that decision to UND admins, as they will make it as PC as possible.  There is no vote on a logo.

Now I've read it all.  Good lord.

• Upvote 1

What you call a problem, I think is an endless list of possibilities for a logo.

You can't be serious? I didnt know you were a tin foil hat kinda of guy?

What you call a problem, I think is an endless list of possibilities for a logo.

... or none, which I am sure the hockey team would be pushing.  If they did come up with a logo, and the hockey team said they wouldn't use it, then you know where the bread is buttered.  If I were the administration, I would require a logo be made.

You can't be serious? I didnt know you were a tin foil hat kinda of guy?

So you'll guarantee a NoDak logo wouldn't be PC because of UND admin?  I'll guarantee a RR logo won't have military implications.

We could have insisted that any logo be voted on, but we didnt and the UND admin hasn't offered,

Edited by SiouxVolley

... or none, which I am sure the hockey team would be pushing.  If they did come up with a logo, and the hockey team said they wouldn't use it, then you know where the bread is buttered.  If I were the administration, I would require a logo be made.

I doubt that would happen, but there is nothing that says there has to be a new logo. Got rid of the Sioux logo and changed the name, requirements would be done wouldnt they? The rules seem to change everytime RR is threatened not to win, on here. Not saying from you...

I doubt that would happen, but there is nothing that says there has to be a new logo. Got rid of the Sioux logo and changed the name, requirements would be done wouldnt they? The rules seem to change everytime RR is threatened not to win, on here. Not saying from you...

Its a guarantee that a new logo will be installed, just for a variety of merchandise sales.  Most voters have already cast their votes, but it's something to think about for the runoff with the logo and Kelley

Edited by SiouxVolley

I finally decided how my vote was going to go when John Odegard  received the Roughrider award by the state of North Dakota recently.  The media said it was the most prestigious award in the state.  The light bulb went off for me.  It should be Roughrider.  What a good way to represent the state.

• Upvote 4

A new nickname doesn't have to mean new logo, even though I think we will get an additional logo. Many schools like Denver, Michigan, and Indiana don't use logos depicting their nickname. If we select Nodaks I'd like to keep using the ND as our primary.

• Upvote 1

Why doesn't anyone talk about the Houston Texans?  They are named after the State they play in and they have a bull for a logo.  It's not like being named the Nodaks is going to limit us to some crap logo, if anything I think it opens the door to many possibilities.

• Upvote 1

uh.gif

sub uh for und and you maybe have your nodak logo?  you guys okay with that? if so keep voting nodaks....

At his core,  Kelley has hippie beliefs, as do most college admin in their 60s and maybe in their 50s.  It's easy to understand his decisions if you keep that in mind.  People forget that.  Steve Jobs was a hippie too.  Funny how a photos of Kelley when he was at Berkley don't surface.

Edited by SiouxVolley

• UNDBIZ locked this topic