SiouxSports.com Forum

So Bresciani has a goal to make NDSU AAU ....

SiouxVolley

On 1/20/2016 at 7:28 PM, SiouxVolley said:

So now Bresciani has been jet setting off to Paris and India first class for two weeks, but the chancellor and SBOHE didn't even know he was out of state.  Apparently recruiting more Indians for his 18000 student goal.

Don't let facts get in the way of a good smear campaign.    http://www.inforum.com/news/3929222-ndsu-spent-83k-brescianis-business-class-travel-chancellor-investigate

Chancellor Mark Hagerott said Wednesday that he knew about Bresciani's trip a month ago.

In an email to Hagerott, Bresciani said the trip "has nothing to do with undergrads" and that he is seeking graduate students in science, engineering, technology and math, for which business leaders are "desperate."

Hagerott defended that effort.

"I mean, we are North Dakota's school system, but we do want to have diversity, we do want to have really highly qualified researchers to come build our programs," he said.

But keep beating that drum I'm sure there are plenty like you who despite the truth will believe anything.  

16 minutes ago, DI IN FARGO said:

On the same token, maybe you should heed your own advice and don't let facts get in the way offering blind support across the board, even after being given a golden opportunity to learn a lesson about doing so previously. *coughChapmancough*

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, DI IN FARGO said:

Don't let facts get in the way of a good smear campaign.    http://www.inforum.com/news/3929222-ndsu-spent-83k-brescianis-business-class-travel-chancellor-investigate

But keep beating that drum I'm sure there are plenty like you who despite the truth will believe anything.  

The article you link says he may have broken some travel rules.  If so, he's in trouble and not as part of a smear campaign - Care to comment?  Or should that part be ignored in his case?  Following your link:

"Bresciani is flying business class despite an NDSU travel policy that permits reimbursement only of "tourist or coach fare." According to that policy, tickets must be "purchased at the lowest reasonable rate available, except when approved by the President."

On Wednesday, a person could buy a round-trip ticket similar to Bresciani's for about $1,400 in coach, or about $12,100 in business class."

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, siouxforcefans said:

The article you link says he may have broken some travel rules.  If so, he's in trouble and not as part of a smear campaign - Care to comment?  Or should that part be ignored in his case?  Following your link:

"Bresciani is flying business class despite an NDSU travel policy that permits reimbursement only of "tourist or coach fare." According to that policy, tickets must be "purchased at the lowest reasonable rate available, except when approved by the President."

On Wednesday, a person could buy a round-trip ticket similar to Bresciani's for about $1,400 in coach, or about $12,100 in business class."

As far as ndsu policy goes, it states "except when approved by the President." I'm guessing Bresciani approved of his use of non-coach airfare. Doesn't make it right, just makes it a poor policy. 

This story is embarrassing. He flew business class to India, big deal. I'm sure this stupidity will help UND's president search, nice that they all get a first hand look at how backwards this state is. 

Brescian's time is worth something, he needs to get work done while traveling and when he hits the ground, not going to happen in coach. 

11 minutes ago, FargoBison said:

This story is embarrassing. He flew business class to India, big deal. I'm sure this stupidity will help UND's president search, nice that they all get a first hand look at how backwards this state is. 

Brescian's time is worth something, he needs to get work done while traveling and when he hits the ground, not going to happen in coach. 

You are right. Brescaini not following a policy that lists his own office the source of said policy is pretty embarrassing. It isn't necessarily the fact that he did it and it could be defended as legitimate, it is the fact that it is against the policy and it isn't a one-time deal. There is a continuous pattern of being tone-deaf to how things like this appear to the tax-paying public, especially when he's claiming that his University is underfunded and/or broke.

• Upvote 1

So should he send a note to himself, approving his own travel expense upgrade? I get the complaining if he pulled a Chapman esque DC trip but this is just stupid. Business class should be the policy for either president of NDSU or UND. Their time is worth something, common sense that they travel in the most effective manner to get work done. 

23 hours ago, siouxforcefans said:

Reading is not your strong suit is it?  

Bresciani is flying business class despite an NDSU travel policy that permits reimbursement only of "tourist or coach fare." According to that policy, tickets must be "purchased at the lowest reasonable rate available, except when approved by the President."

Last time I checked he was still the president of NDSU.

• Downvote 3

On 1/21/2016 at 1:02 PM, UNDBIZ said:

As far as ndsu policy goes, it states "except when approved by the President." I'm guessing Bresciani approved of his use of non-coach airfare. Doesn't make it right, just makes it a poor policy. 

1 hour ago, DI IN FARGO said:

Reading is not your strong suit is it?  

Last time I checked he was still the president of NDSU.

DI, you might want to check your own reading comprehension since that fact was mentioned several posts (and a day) before you piped in. As UNDBIZ said, it might not make it against the NDSU policy but that doesn't make it right. But anything that the NDSU president does is fine in your eyes.

9 minutes ago, 82SiouxGuy said:

DI, you might want to check your own reading comprehension since that fact was mentioned several posts (and a day) before you piped in. As UNDBIZ said, it might not make it against the NDSU policy but that doesn't make it right. But anything that the NDSU president does is fine in your eyes.

The policy actually states that all approvals must be filed in the President's Office. So there should be a paper trail.

On 1/21/2016 at 1:04 PM, FargoBison said:

Gotta hand it to NDSU fans.  They are loyal.  Even defending shady spending by their President.  

36 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Gotta hand it to NDSU fans.  They are loyal.  Even defending shady spending by their President.  

I wouldn't question it even if it was UND's president, in fact I would defend it just the same. Show me true misuse of public funds and I will get upset, but this is just silly. Tired of Skarpohl's witch hunts that serve no purpose but make the state look like some backwater. 

• Upvote 1

We  need to be sensitive here to bizon posters!  Most NDSU grads haul around so much lard on their frame that  a coach class seat on an international flight would be cruel and inhumane. 

NDSU's President needs to be recognized for his emperor-like qualities.  Yet he denied them as he could have taken his private jet but he didnt.  Think of the dollars he saved by going Business Class!

6 hours ago, DI IN FARGO said:

He'll have to follow UND as they will be the first at that trough asking for more money from the legislature.

Brescanni will never match us there. Our negotiators are better at dealing with the legislature and they simply trust us more.  If you combine the med school funding bill with the regular one, UND nearly doubles your school in state appropriations.   Hell, It's almost unfair

1 hour ago, Milford torgerson said:

Brescanni will never match us there. Our negotiators are better at dealing with the legislature and they simply trust us more.  If you combine the med school funding bill with the regular one, UND nearly doubles your school in state appropriations.   Hell, It's almost unfair

You're forgetting the ndsu research station appropriation

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I wouldnt consider it shady spending when he notified everyone he should have. Plus I dont understand the up roar over him not wanting to basically sit in the back seat of a VW Beetle on a trip to the other side of the earth. But I guess you gotta harp about something.:silly::lol:

2 hours ago, bison73 said:

I wouldnt consider it shady spending when he notified everyone he should have. Plus I dont understand the up roar over him not wanting to basically sit in the back seat of a VW Beetle on a trip to the other side of the earth. But I guess you gotta harp about something.:silly::lol:

I'm sure when he tells everyone there in Japur one reason to come to NDSU is they have GAMEDAY on their new crappy TV ads the universal response will be....

• Upvote 1