SiouxSports.com Forum

GO WILD

Fetch

12 hours ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

Chicago just scored 4 in the 3rd against Colorado to take a 5-3 lead. Toews was offside for one of them, don't know how it wasn't overturned.

Reason I heard (not saying I agree with) was that Chicago hadn't possessed the puck yet when it crossed the blue line, so as long as Toews touched up before they did (still a close call), he was on-sides.  I watched it at least a dozen times, and the idea that there was inconclusive evidence still makes me raise an eyebrow in wonder...

1 hour ago, siouxforcefans said:

Reason I heard (not saying I agree with) was that Chicago hadn't possessed the puck yet when it crossed the blue line, so as long as Toews touched up before they did (still a close call), he was on-sides.  I watched it at least a dozen times, and the idea that there was inconclusive evidence still makes me raise an eyebrow in wonder...

Yeah, I am in wonderment too.    The play was just like the one in a Wild-Blackhawks game where Parise appeared offside but was called onside.

I think the refs are Overthinking It.   The rulebook doesn't allow an exception to offside for this situation.   To the contrary the rulebook seems to me to clearly define it as solely based on where the player is when the puck completely crosses the line.  

(From the 2015-2016 NHL rule book.  Couldn't find the 2016-2017.)

Rule 83 – Off-side 83.1 Off-side - Players of the attacking team must not precede the puck into the attacking zone.

The position of the player’s skates and not that of his stick shall be the determining factor in all instances in deciding an off-side. A player is off-side when both skates are completely over the leading edge of the blue line involved in the play.

A player is on-side when either of his skates are in contact with, or on his own side of the line, at the instant the puck completely crosses the leading edge of the blue line regardless of the position of his stick. However, a player actually controlling the puck who shall cross the line ahead of the puck shall not be considered “off-side,” provided he had possession and control of the puck prior to his skates crossing the blue line.

It should be noted that while the position of the player’s skates is what determines whether a player is “off-side,” nevertheless the question of an “off-side” never arises until the puck has completely crossed the leading edge of the blue line at which time the decision is to be made.  

If a player legally carries or passes the puck back into his own defending zone while a player of the opposing team is in such defending zone, the off-side shall be ignored and play permitted to continue.

5 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Finally a win, 3-2 over the Sharks. Caught the last 10 minutes of the game. Hope for the same result Thursday as 7 of us are heading down to the X for the game against Hakstol and the Flyers. 

Me and my girlfriend are going to the Saturday game vs. Vancouver. And yes, I will watch UND's games someplace.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

One pundit I heard recently noted the change in performance for the Wild times exactly with the Arizona trade. 

According to the experts at KFAN, Erik Haula was less than pleased as he got moved from 3rd to 4th line.

Wild hold the Caps to 18 shots yet lose 5-4 in overtime. Probably their best effort in 3 weeks. Down 4-2 with 5 minutes to go and managed to tie it up on a Staal goal with 26 seconds left. It's a point and hopefully a step in the right direction going forward.

10 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Wild hold the Caps to 18 shots yet lose 5-4 in overtime. Probably their best effort in 3 weeks. Down 4-2 with 5 minutes to go and managed to tie it up on a Staal goal with 26 seconds left. It's a point and hopefully a step in the right direction going forward.

Goaltending has to get better quickly or this squad won't make it out if the first round.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, cberkas said:

The Wild are going to wear North Stars jerseys, I wonder if Dallas ok'd that decision.

Who cares....They look cool!

Anyone notice the state of hockey commercial during the Wild pregame? There was a Sioux jersey photo bomb! 

OUTSTANDING!

Go Wild!