SiouxSports.com Forum

GO WILD

Fetch

To me this trade signaled the Wild are in panic mode.  The Blackhawks are surging right now, like the usually do this time of year.  Chicago has been making a statement these last couple of weeks that they are the team to beat in the West.  They've got it all, scoring, defense, goaltending, great mix of veteran leadership and youth.  If these two teams meet in the 2nd round it is going to be a great series.  I just don't see the Wild getting past the Hawks though.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

Seems steep for a bottom six guy. (rental)

This...^^^

Hanzal is 2nd line 2-way center....................where does he play? 3rd line?

I'm intrigued by White and Stewart on the same line if Wild need real some nastiness.

3 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

This...^^^

Hanzal is 2nd line 2-way center....................where does he play? 3rd line?

I'm intrigued by White and Stewart on the same line if Wild need real some nastiness.

The farm is loaded right now. I think it's a no brainer move. No one never knows if a draft pick will pan out or not. Fletcher did not have to give up any of their high end prospects. Great move on his part in my opinion. 

1 minute ago, sioux rube said:

The farm is loaded right now. I think it's a no brainer move. No one never knows if a draft pick will pan out or not. Fletcher did not have to give up any of their high end prospects. Great move on his part in my opinion. 

Not saying it is not a good addition but where does he fit in?  I guess we'll find out tonight.

1 minute ago, Oxbow6 said:

Not saying it is not a good addition but where does he fit in?  I guess we'll find out tonight.

I'm thinking he centers third line and Haula centers 4th with White playing wing and Graovac the odd man out. We shall see. 

Keith Jones commented yesterday on NBC that he thinks White is a valuable piece to this, and it was smart by Fletcher to get him as well. Said he's always stepped up big in the playoffs. Interesting take.... not sure how right it is, but it surprised me, when most are looking at this deal as being Hanzal.

Wild win a wild one 6-5 over the Jets. Had 4-1 and 5-2 leads only to see the Jets tie it 5 and Zucker then wins it with about 2 minutes left. Suter left the game after a hit earlier in the game, played for a bit but then left for good. Hope it's nothing serious obviously.

• Upvote 1

On 2/28/2017 at 7:57 PM, Oxbow6 said:

Goodness..........is Kevin Gorg jacked up on steroids or has he just been going straight to dessert for awhile? Looks like a pumpkin on a stick.

And you are being very generous.

• 2 weeks later...