SiouxSports.com Forum

2015-16 Season

SWSiouxMN

I have a feeling all of these people are spoiled mens hockey fans. National championships are always the goal but you cant base someones contract on that. I think we forgot that one of the reasons the Lams did come to UND (besides being hometown) was the coach. There are so many variables that decide the outcome of games and seasons. I don't know who you wold replace Idalski with that will get you a national championship but once you know you could share with us! 

In other news, UND advances to SIXTH straight wcha final four. Bemidji got swept in the first round, and their season is over.

GO UND

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On February 26, 2016 at 10:25 AM, UND1983 said:

Bottom line is UND will never drop Women's Hockey for one reason and one reason only:  Title IX.  And that sucks.

UND has too many sports and WH is one that eats up a ton of money for very, very little return.  

How about we drop women's hockey once we drop men's basketball.  Women's hockey is more competitive.  When was the last time the basketball team made the NCAA tourney (D2 or D1)?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Old Time Hockey said:

How about we drop women's hockey once we drop men's basketball.  Women's hockey is more competitive.  When was the last time the basketball team made the NCAA tourney (D2 or D1)?

exactly. its ok to not support the coach but if you dont even support the program (wanting whockey to be dropped) then your opinion is irrelevant. 

• Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, northhockey said:

I have a feeling all of these people are spoiled mens hockey fans. National championships are always the goal but you cant base someones contract on that. I think we forgot that one of the reasons the Lams did come to UND (besides being hometown) was the coach. There are so many variables that decide the outcome of games and seasons. I don't know who you wold replace Idalski with that will get you a national championship but once you know you could share with us! 

In other news, UND advances to SIXTH straight wcha final four. Bemidji got swept in the first round, and their season is over.

GO UND

Its based on the expectation that for once Idalski might actually beat preseason expectations, not necessarily a national championship.

Its easy to replace Idalski with some one better. That wouldn't be a problem.

The twins didn't come to UND because of Idalski. They came because they wanted to help build their home towns womens hockey teams program.

The UND womens hockey coach situation is the reason they chose Minnesota over UND to start their college careers.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Old Time Hockey said:

It's easy to be competitive when there is only 8 teams in the whole sport. 

3 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Its based on the expectation that for once Idalski might actually beat preseason expectations, not necessarily a national championship.

The twins didn't come to UND because of Idalski. They came because they wanted to help build their home towns womens hockey teams program.

The UND womens hockey coach situation is the reason they chose Minnesota over UND to start their college careers.

they committed to minny before idalski was hired. and idalski was a reason they came back. they heard good things. (this is a fact btw)

im still waiting to hear what coach that is currently available will do better in the wcha than idalski...

Just now, northhockey said:

they committed to minny before idalski was hired. and idalski was a reason they came back. they heard good things. (this is a fact btw)

im still waiting to hear what coach that is currently available will do better in the wcha than idalski...

Hence the reason I said the "UND womens hockey coach situation."

Idalski is not the reason the twins came back I know that for a certainty. 

Fact: Scanlan is a better coach than Idalski.

5 minutes ago, northhockey said:

When will Idalski beat preseason expectations?

Oh ok. I mustve never talked to Idalski or the Lams.

There is no point in arguing this as the AD wont let Idalski go anytime soon.

Btw, Bemidji lost in the first round as we advance to our 6th straight final four. quit being a debbie downer and appreciate

1 minute ago, Cratter said:

Sorry 15?

If your opinions are to be taken seriously, knowledge about what your talking about is kind of important. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, northhockey said:

Btw, Bemidji lost in the first round as we advance to our 6th straight final four. quit being a debbie downer and appreciate.

Final four of the conference tourney?  LOL.  Congratulations.  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, northhockey said:

Btw, Bemidji lost in the first round as we advance to our 6th straight final four. quit being a debbie downer and appreciate

I'm sure you did talk to Idalski, and I'm sure that convo is a lot different that mine with the Lammy family.

"6th straight Final Four"...and I'm the one who doesn't have knowledge of what I'm talking about.... :lol:

You're knowledge of "fictious" is seriously lacking.

21 minutes ago, Old Time Hockey said:

This might be the stupidest f'ng thing I have read on Siouxsports.  Nice work.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, northhockey said:

GO UND

Based on this little pearl of wisdom, every coach should have an iron clad lifetime contract to coach as long as they want. But this isn't high school, this is Division I collegiate athletics and it's women's ice hockey. And at the University of North Dakota, that means the expectations will be high. This is one of three sports (MH and FB being the other two) that we have a realistic shot at winning national titles in. And I think the overall body of work suggests that Idalski has plateaued. A third to fourth place finish in the regular season, followed by a first round home playoff series and a trip to the Final Faceoff where we will get shut out by either Wisconsin or Minnesota. Rinse. Repeat. If you are happy with that every single year, then that is fine. But some of us want women's hockey to achieve greatness and Idalski doesn't look like the man to do it. Brewster raised the bar for WBB a couple of years ago, Bubba is raising the bar for FB right now and now it is time to raise the bar for Women's Hockey. If Title IX requires us to keep this program and fund it, then we might as well strive to be the best in the nation at it.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Cratter said:

Bingo. 

• Upvote 2