SiouxSports.com Forum

Question on posts

siouxforeverbaby

I have a very random question.  I was trying to post the Sioux Survivor thread and the items that are single-spaced with no spaces in-between lines on my Word document have spaces in-between lines on here.  You used to be able to edit posts when things transferred wrong, but I can't figure out how to fix it right now.  Am I doing something wrong or did something change?

In short, the forum's new editor is trying harder to correctly interpret the HTML that you're pasting in. So, coming from Word, the first thing I would do is try to make sure that Word doesn't think each line is a new paragraph. 

I think a future version (next few weeks to month) is going to introduce the option to paste as plain text (no formatting), which might also help with such problems.

In short, the forum's new editor is trying harder to correctly interpret the HTML that you're pasting in. So, coming from Word, the first thing I would do is try to make sure that Word doesn't think each line is a new paragraph. 

I think a future version (next few weeks to month) is going to introduce the option to paste as plain text (no formatting), which might also help with such problems.

Thanks!  I will try that!

jimdahl, you are a genius!  Thanks!