SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. BC - Dec. 3rd 2016. Madison Square Garden

AZSIOUX

As reported by the herald before, it has now been confirmed. Cool deal for college hockey 

UND will be home team 

@SchlossmanGF: As previously reported by the Herald, UND and Boston College game in Madison Square Garden next season officially announced. Dec. 3, 2016.

http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13500&ATCLID=210367393

Edited by AZSIOUX

• 3 months later...

Being from Connecticut, the only reason I go to NYC is for games at MSG. The city is a complete dump as far as I'm concerned. (Boston is better...)
I stopped going to NYC after I went with some friends on New Years Day.......total mistake :unsure::crazy:
If you've planned a trip for toursity things.....god speed, I guess everyone has to do it once!! :wink:.  It's definitely different than quaint Grand Forks.

***Except for the 9/11 memorial. That's very well done and I would recommend that to everybody!! Emotional, patriotic, just amazingly well done!! Highly recommend.***

Obviously UND will prevail with a win at the Worlds Most Famous Arena. No doubt. Let's go Sioux!

On 1/20/2016 at 10:30 PM, TrueSioux2000 said:

Being from Connecticut, the only reason I go to NYC is for games at MSG. The city is a complete dump as far as I'm concerned. (Boston is better...)
I stopped going to NYC after I went with some friends on New Years Day.......total mistake :unsure::crazy:
If you've planned a trip for toursity things.....god speed, I guess everyone has to do it once!! :wink:.  It's definitely different than quaint Grand Forks.

***Except for the 9/11 memorial. That's very well done and I would recommend that to everybody!! Emotional, patriotic, just amazingly well done!! Highly recommend.***

Obviously UND will prevail with a win at the Worlds Most Famous Arena. No doubt. Let's go Sioux!

I hope we don't get gutted this summer. UND always reloads, but a lot could happen. 

• 1 month later...

I don't know who qualifies for presale tickets, but you shouldn't have any trouble sitting with UND fans. The lower level of the arena will be split in half.

From the event website: "The UND fan section will be located in sections 101 through half of 107 and half of 117 through 120."

*Note "Upper level sections will not be divided by fan base."

34spfky.jpg

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, rhenry8439 said:

Any body been to MSG, what is it like getting around that part of New York??

Have been to Manhattan a lot on business, and a few times personally.

What's it like getting around ... Car: fuggetaboutit.   Subways are solid and run often (late night I would avoid unless I'm with a group that includes BodyGuards).  Taxis are everywhere in Manhattan, fast and reliable.   I've got friends that Uber and they've had good experiences at lower costs than taxi.    Personally, I love walking Manhattan (again, not late night).  Build your schedule with extra time so you aren't disappointed (leave early, etc).   

If you're bringing family, and money is no object, lodging around Times Square is entertaining.   MSG is about 1/2 mile walk from Times Square (or a couple subway stops).  If you need a more budget-friendly choice, pick something that's close to subway or trains and you can get to MSG (and the rest of what NYC has to offer quite easily).

My first experience with that part of Manhattan was in the 1980's and it seemed a lot like Crocodile Dundee to me.   But the area around MSG and Times Square has cleaned up well and is a lot safer now.  (Safer than Fargo?)  The old adages and common sense still apply (stay in a group, etc).

Hope this helps.

2 hours ago, rhenry8439 said:

Any body been to MSG, what is it like getting around that part of New York??

Not bad, I took a taxi to my hotel and walked everywhere else for the most part. Hotels, bars, and restaurants everywhere.  Should be really fun.