SiouxSports.com Forum

UC Davis: Big Sky Opener

SWSiouxMN

Looking forward to Saturday and getting win #3. Time to shake up the offense and kick start things.

With how the Big Sky is looking, 6 wins isn't out of the question and it starts Saturday. With how our offense has looked, 8 more losses isn't out of the question either. 

Tough loss In Fargo but we are still 2-1 and the real season starts this weekend. Big Sky is wide open. There is not a team left we can't beat and not a team left that can't' beat us. they can get to 3-1 with a win on Saturday and the easiest way to make people forget about NDSU is to go out make some noise in the conference and get into the playoffs. this team can go 5-3 in conference, but they could also go 3-5. Need to show up each week. Starts Saturday.

• Upvote 1

Tough loss In Fargo but we are still 2-1 and the real season starts this weekend. Big Sky is wide open. There is not a team left we can't beat and not a team left that can't' beat us. they can get to 3-1 with a win on Saturday and the easiest way to make people forget about NDSU is to go out make some noise in the conference and get into the playoffs. this team can go 5-3 in conference, but they could also go 3-5. Need to show up each week. Starts Saturday.

Very true. Most Big Sky Conference teams would lose handily to NDSU in the Fargodome as well, and even with that thinking, its time to move on and start thinking about the Big Sky Conference season. UND has an excellent opportunity to start the season 3-1 and 1-0 in the Big Sky Conference; that's certainly a step in the right direction.

Everyone get out to the Alerus Center on Saturday and support the UND football squad; they deserve support as they still have the opporunity to accomplish their #1 goal this season: win the Big Sky Conference and receive an automatic bid into the FCS playoffs. 

The Aggies played well in losing to Nevada-Reno and Hawaii. They played very poorly with no game plan and zero energy against South Dakota. I have very little confidence in this team right now - the quality of players is pretty good but the coaching staff is not up to par. Coach Gould even said he was "befuddled" - in fact twice (after both South Dakota and Hawaii). If the coach doesn't know what's happening who does? Right now, many of us are picking Northern Colorado as our only win. However, some individual players are top-notch so they may shine in any one game.

The Aggies played well in losing to Nevada-Reno and Hawaii. They played very poorly with no game plan and zero energy against South Dakota. I have very little confidence in this team right now - the quality of players is pretty good but the coaching staff is not up to par. Coach Gould even said he was "befuddled" - in fact twice (after both South Dakota and Hawaii). If the coach doesn't know what's happening who does? Right now, many of us are picking Northern Colorado as our only win. However, some individual players are top-notch so they may shine in any one game.

Feel free to give us a preview of your team, I've always loved playing against Davis since that classic playoff game in 2001.

Thanks for the brief overview. One question I had in looking at your schedule was why 2 FBS games? Thanks!

For all the score comparison lovers ....when looking at the Drake South Dakota score take into account that quarterback Andy Rice didn't play.  UND beat the livin hell out of him all game and he didn't even suit up the next week along with the starting offensive lineman that got knocked out of the game too.  To me they basically punted and got ready for Pioneer play.

UND was up 21-0 at half but started looking to next week or something.  Rushing O was bad though, yes.

• Upvote 1

For all the score comparison lovers ....when looking at the Drake South Dakota score take into account that quarterback Andy Rice didn't play.  UND beat the livin hell out of him all game and he didn't even suit up the next week along with the starting offensive lineman that got knocked out of the game too.  To me they basically punted and got ready for Pioneer play.

UND was up 21-0 at half but started looking to next week or something.  Rushing O was bad though, yes.

So 2 of the 3 teams UND has faced, the starting QB didn't play the following week, and not due to any cheap shots......

• Upvote 1

Kinda like UND did against NDSU, punted and got ready for Big Sky play.;)

I don't think this will be a blow-out in either direction. Massey rates North Dakota as 45 and the Aggies as 67 with a predicted score of UND 27, UC Davis 24. Sagarin ranks UND at 186 and UC Davis at 173. Both teams need a win and UND was one of our must wins for even a half-way decent season but then so was South Dakota and we blew that one.