SiouxSports.com Forum
geaux_sioux

Non-UND FCS Thread

29 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Wild fires are getting serious out west. E. Wash air quality is below acceptable levels.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...okane-as-w/#/0

Air quality is below standards allowed by NCAA for a game.  Things could clear up by Saturday.

The air was terrible in CO today. There is one fire in Steamboat Springs but most of this smoke here is from the northwest. Bad deal going on out there.

3 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

The air was terrible in CO today. There is one fire in Steamboat Springs but most of this smoke here is from the northwest. Bad deal going on out there.

A friend of mine text me on Saturday saying how Hurricane Harvey grabbed the attention of most everyone and that things are very serious out west. Montana alone had 68 forest fires.

3 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

A friend of mine text me on Saturday saying how Hurricane Harvey grabbed the attention of most everyone and that things are very serious out west. Montana alone had 68 forest fires.

Montana is getting no media attention and now with hurricane Irma will continue to get no news. Very sad, I hope it rains out there soon.

9 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Self Reliance and Hearty People.....doesn't fit the narrative - 

• Upvote 4

cberkas   
12 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

It's been smoky all summer long in Montana.

9 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Glacier lost a 100+ year old Sperry Chalet (there is talk about rebuilding it) and Lake McDonald Lodge  had the fire 100 feet away. Seeley Lake was completely evacuated. Lolo is under a evacuation alert if the fire spreads there. My parents had a fire very close to their house in Montana City (just south of Helena). 

There isn't any coverage on the fires unless a major city is threatened.

UNDBIZ   
22 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Heard about this last night, don't know if it's true, not really confirmed yet, there's a 5 page thread on Bisonville that's growing rapidly.

Nick Deluca might be out for the season ACL,. If true, feel sorry for him.

If true, tough break for a guy with NFL potential to lose both his senior and super senior seasons to 2 separate injuries.  Had it been the shoulder again he might've gotten a 6th year, but being it's a different injury I don't think they usually give out another med redshirt.  Good luck to him in his recovery.

25 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Heard about this last night, don't know if it's true, not really confirmed yet, there's a 5 page thread on Bisonville that's growing rapidly.

Great player.  Never ever like to see that.  Hopefully makes a full recovery.

jdub27   
43 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

If true, tough break for a guy with NFL potential to lose both his senior and super senior seasons to 2 separate injuries.  Had it been the shoulder again he might've gotten a 6th year, but being it's a different injury I don't think they usually give out another med redshirt.  Good luck to him in his recovery.

I actually think he'll get a 6th year if he wants it, I don't believe think they distinguish between types of injuries just that the lost seasons are out of the players control. He's now lost 2 season to injury in 5, which would be the baseline for a 6th year. Really tough break for a kid that is a helluva player.

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

True.  Happened in practice, which is only slightly better than happening in a game against that crappy of an opponent.  I'd be pissed if I were an SU fan, losing a number of guys for the season in a meaningless game.  (Still pissed UND scheduled the same crappy team)  DeLuca is likely out for the year but will know more after surgery.

2 hours ago, Longtime fan said:

SD handling BGSU !  Tough tough game next week. 

Good to see BGSU go down to an FCS team. Their coach was a big d bag last year and deserved to lose. I can't wait to watch a fun competitive game next week!

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Good to see BGSU go down to an FCS team. Their coach was a big d bag last year and deserved to lose. I can't wait to watch a fun competitive game next week!

Nailed it!!

South Dakota will be a very tough opponent.

Great out-of-conference game to prepare UND for the conference slate. 

Everyone who can travel to Vermillion needs to get out there and support Bubba and UND! Big challenge but big opportunity!

• Upvote 1