SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

15 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

What does that have to do with some of your fans showing their ndsu class and going after the kid after he talked about his experience? 

This is the post I was responding to----

He was one of their top recruits, BV was fawning all over him.  But now he can't hack it.  

I am sure the coaches will be saying "he didn't have what it takes to play the Bison way", or some !@#$ like that.  Like they have before.""

Now I will respond to your comment--- Everytime somebody leaves a program---even at UND people speculate why the player is leaving. Some of the comments can be classless.

I agree.

I'm not sure what the big deal is here, I don't even see the kid's comments as some grand indictment on the program. Some players connect with coaches more than others, he apparently didn't. If you're in a situation where you're not connecting with your position coach, it would be easy to think they don't care about you and all they care about is winning. Wish this kid success on his path moving forward, but this is a non-story from my perspective. It's a product of the times, everybody can get their sometime not-so-well thought out opinion instantly in 140 characters.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I'm not sure what the big deal is here, I don't even see the kid's comments as some grand indictment on the program. Some players connect with coaches more than others, he apparently didn't. If you're in a situation where you're not connecting with your position coach, it would be easy to think they don't care about you and all they care about is winning. Wish this kid success on his path moving forward, but this is a non-story from my perspective. It's a product of the times, everybody can get their sometime not-so-well thought out opinion instantly in 140 characters.

And some fans can completely disregard those opinions because their school can do no wrong. 

12 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I read it as a poitive but I can see that where that one sentence is interjected could make it iffy if one wants to take it that way..

2 hours ago, tnt said:

I'm not sure I am going to read too much into a few players bad mouthing coaches or a program. Every program has people who leave or don't have a good experience. If fans are always wondering why some players are playing over others with no personal stake in the matter, imagine how it compounds when you are the one that feels they are being treated unfairly.

Agreed. This could happen here at any time especially as the team becomes more competitive and playing time is difficult to keep/get.

My comment is in response to the NDSU players comments, and how refreshing it is to have Bubba, which implies that none of that stuff goes on at UND. The truth is very few of us knows what goes on behind the scenes. That's all I'm saying. In no way am I alleging that anything bad about Bubba, I think he's done an outstanding job and he's earned his reputation.  And no, I've never complained about his record.  And yes he is honest to the best of my knowledge. I like the man personally; he's been great to me. But putting anyone too high on a pedestal is a mistake.  None of us is perfect. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, UNDBIZ said:

I guess I read Ozzie's comment as "Bubba is still a D1 football coach who won't coddle players who don't put in the requisite effort themselves."

I like sh*tting on ndsu, but this Carlton guy may have just not had what it takes to be a D1 student-athlete.  

This is Division I football, make no mistake, every coach in that position is there to win, period. If they don't, they'll be out of a job. Now, the great ones can both win and develop young boys into outstanding men, but it's not their primary responsibility. None of this is to imply that Coach Kleiman and his staff aren't doing both quite successfully. In fact, the vast majority of players coming out of the program say just that. Just speaking in general that Division I football coaches exist to win, everything else comes second. And by the way, learning how to put in the requisite work and discipline to win at a high level I would argue is a principle tenant in developing a strong character.

• Upvote 3

On 4/17/2017 at 11:59 AM, Ozzie82 said:

I caution you to not make Bubba out to be more than he is.

Apologies for my post yesterday.  Upon reflection is can see why some had issues with it - when I wrote it it didn't sound that bad to me because I knew the subtext.  Obviously it was easy to draw the opposite conclusion without me providing details.  Here's hoping my follow up was clearer.

• Upvote 1

On 4/16/2017 at 7:30 PM, Bison06 said:

And some fans blow small things out of proportion to feed their own narrative that NDSU is evil.

I think when you insist on frequenting another fan bases discussion boards you are going to get that - its what rival fans do. There is a great way to not have to waste your time defending every sentence here that disses SU ...but if you haven't figured it out by now... 

1 hour ago, CMSioux said:

I think when you insist on frequenting another fan bases discussion boards you are going to get that - its what rival fans do. There is a great way to not have to waste your time defending every sentence here that disses SU ...but if you haven't figured it out by now... 

Did I kick your dog at some point? You seem hell bent on finding nearly every one of my posts and telling me not to post here, what's the deal? There are UND fans who made posts that reflected my exact opinion and sentiment about this topic, yet you decide my post is the one opinion that shouldn't be expressed. Have I wronged you in some way that I'm not aware of?

19 hours ago, Bison06 said:

Did I kick your dog at some point? You seem hell bent on finding nearly every one of my posts and telling me not to post here, what's the deal? There are UND fans who made posts that reflected my exact opinion and sentiment about this topic, yet you decide my post is the one opinion that shouldn't be expressed. Have I wronged you in some way that I'm not aware of?

You are like the guy that shows up at UND tailgating wearing a bison shirt and then complains when he gets !@#$. Hey it really isn't my fault I have you on ignore but when people quote you it shows up.

So you come to a UND fan site and constantly retort and question every tiny little comment that could be construed as anti-SU and you question why your comments might get questioned? As has been said, this is a UND fan site - even if the thread is troll bait - not every comment has to be logical and when it comes to SU it doesn't need to be defended ...it's a UND fan site, we talk trash about rivals. it's gonna happen - maybe consider that it is not your job to defend their honor.

P.S. I do have you on ignore so going forward I will concentrate on accomplishing that and not comment on your posts. 

19 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

You are like the guy that shows up at UND tailgating wearing a bison shirt and then complains when he gets !@#$. Hey it really isn't my fault I have you on ignore but when people quote you it shows up.

So you come to a UND fan site and constantly retort and question every tiny little comment that could be construed as anti-SU and you question why your comments might get questioned? As has been said, this is a UND fan site - even if the thread is troll bait - not every comment has to be logical and when it comes to SU it doesn't need to be defended ...it's a UND fan site, we talk trash about rivals. it's gonna happen - maybe consider that it is not your job to defend their honor.

Your logic has flaws and is actually quite ironic. Consider the fact that you commenting on my posts is exactly what you are telling me to stop doing. Is it your job to follow my posts around this board and copy and paste your response?

Maybe don't take yourself or this board so seriously, it's a distraction and entertainment, nothing more.

If I was all over this board it'd be one thing, but if you look at my posting history the vast majority of it is contained to threads where NDSU and FCS football outside of UND is the topic of discussion. 

Take a breath, have a beer and enjoy the offseason.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

18 hours ago, Ozzie82 said:

Apologies for my post yesterday.  Upon reflection is can see why some had issues with it - when I wrote it it didn't sound that bad to me because I knew the subtext.  Obviously it was easy to draw the opposite conclusion without me providing details.  Here's hoping my follow up was clearer.

No problem. Like you stated, no one is perfect.

• Upvote 1