SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

2 hours ago, southpaw said:

Congrats to NDSU. They won some sort of trophy yesterday right?  I mean, I kept seeing posts about how great they were because they bookended their 5 national titles with playoff losses to the eventual champion. Surely, they should get rings for that. 

Who are you friends with? My social circle is about 75% NDSU alumni and I haven't seen much of anything even acknowledging the game yesterday. 

4 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Who are you friends with? My social circle is about 75% NDSU alumni and I haven't seen much of anything even acknowledging the game yesterday. 

The Fargo/NDSU Media.  Who did their best to make yesterday about NDSU, for some pathetic reason. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Did you watch the game? Fargo media isn't the only entity that talked about NDSU a lot yesterday.

Yah, I heard them reference NDSU early on, for obvious reasons, and I also saw the Fargo media literally counting how many times they did it.  Like little fan boys.  

8 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

Yah, I heard them reference NDSU early on, for obvious reasons, and I also saw the Fargo media literally counting how many times they did it.  Like little fan boys.  

Yeah, super weird that people who rely on clicks from the public and viewership from the public would talk about a topic their readers are interested in.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Yeah, super weird that people who rely on clicks from the public and viewership from the public would talk about a topic their readers are interested in.

That is super weird.  They get paid by twitter views?  There aren't any clicks on a simple tweet.  

Anyways, your missing the point.  They are supposed to be journalists and instead are acting like rubes counting the number of times NDSU is mentioned.  That is super lame.

3 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

That is super weird.  They get paid by twitter views?  There aren't any clicks on a simple tweet.  

Anyways, your missing the point.  They are supposed to be journalists and instead are acting like rubes counting the number of times NDSU is mentioned.  That is super lame.

NDSU bias aside, the media hasn't been about reporting the "news" objectively in decades. Maybe they never were. They'll talk about whatever gets people clicking, sharing, reading and talking about their content. 

And yes, people can get paid to post on twitter if they have enough followers. Same with facebook, instagram and YouTube.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Terrible news for EWU.  no buyout, this close to signing day.  I wonder what their recruits are thinks that were there this weekend.

Their OC left for Utah.  TE coach retired.  Big changes and little tome before signing day.

This is terrible news for EWU....but we have been in this type of situation recently. If EWU makes the right hire they will be just fine in the long run.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

21 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

This is terrible news for EWU....but we have been in this type of situation recently. If EWU makes the right hire they will be just fine in the long run.

You are right in terms of the long-term prognosis, but this news won't do anything but hurt Eastern Washington in the short-term (2017 season), although the degree of interruption remains to be seen. EWU also has to replace a fair amount of on-the-field talent.

If they weren't before, UND should now definitely be the Big Sky Conference favorite in 2017!

Go UND! 

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

You are right in terms of the long-term prognosis, but this news won't do anything but hurt Eastern Washington in the short-term (2017 season), although the degree of interruption remains to be seen. EWU also has to replace a fair amount of on-the-field talent.

If they weren't before, UND should now definitely be the Big Sky Conference favorite in 2017!

Go UND! 

Agreed. Talent will likely be down as they lose their top three receivers which will be a big hit. Then again, last off season I was certain that they would have a down year but I was wrong in a big way. Either way I am liking the regular season finale against them!

7 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

Agreed. Talent will likely be down as they lose their top three receivers which will be a big hit. Then again, last off season I was certain that they would have a down year but I was wrong in a big way. Either way I am liking the regular season finale against them!

I refuse to count them as down until I see it on the field next year.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Yes. You know when NDSU plays EWU but not UND? Interesting.

UND plays EWU in the regular season finale at the Alerus Center.

Only because I heard it on the news last night about the Bison playing in Cheney?    

28 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Yes - we have a drive-able road game next year!!!! Who's up for tailgating in Vermillion? 

Utah is my for sure road game because it is only a 6 hour drive...and that stadium they play in looks awesome. Vermillion is only 9 hours so I might make it if the stars align.

17 hours ago, tnt said:

So the Bison catch them early next year when they are adjusting to new coaches and receivers.  Do we know yet when we face them?

Be nice to see EWU beat the Bison, therefore helping the Bison play on the road in the playoffs. I could see the Bison losing a few games this year. They have won a few close games in last couple years, that could start to change. They are not the same team anymore, it's going to be fun football this coming season. I really like playing EWU at home the last game of the season, that'll be huge.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Be nice to see EWU beat the Bison, therefore helping the Bison play on the road in the playoffs. I could see the Bison losing a few games this year. They have won a few close games in last couple years, that could start to change. They are not the same team anymore, it's going to be fun football this coming season. I really like playing EWU at home the last game of the season, that'll be huge.

Their other two OOC games are against two of the worst 20 teams in FCS. At worst they will go into conference play at 2-1 and likely 3-0 since they are catching EWU in their first game.