SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

I watched the first half. JMU is really good. 

Could we move the ball against them? How well do you think our run defense could do against them? How many punts of ours would get blocked by them? Kind of Kidding about the punts. I don't know how much a guy could tell from one half of tv football but it's a good barometer to tell how close we are. 

1 hour ago, bang said:

Could we move the ball against them? How well do you think our run defense could do against them? How many punts of ours would get blocked by them? Kind of Kidding about the punts. I don't know how much a guy could tell from one half of tv football but it's a good barometer to tell how close we are. 

Need some speed at the WR spot to move the ball in them.  They are very talented up front and with our OL this year running would have been tough.  

Offensively they have a lot of athletes and running back is a dude.  They are a very good and well coached football team that will continue to reload with FBS transfers and I'm sure very good recruits. 

15 hours ago, Sioux95 said:

If we played JMU, It could of been a long day for us.  Our receivers don't seem to catch balls in traffic very well, and JMU can stop the run.  We have a ways to go yet.

That's pure speculation and I'm not buying it. UND played CAA opponents Stony Brook and Richmond real close. UND needs to improve in several areas in order to compete for a national title, which should be the expectation around here, but to say they have a ways to go isn't entirely accurate, in my opinion. UND just went 9-3, won their conference, and return the majority of the team and all the coaching staff.

Title aspirations in 2017.

• Upvote 1

Congrats to NDSU. They won some sort of trophy yesterday right?  I mean, I kept seeing posts about how great they were because they bookended their 5 national titles with playoff losses to the eventual champion. Surely, they should get rings for that. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, southpaw said:

Congrats to NDSU. They won some sort of trophy yesterday right?  I mean, I kept seeing posts about how great they were because they bookended their 5 national titles with playoff losses to the eventual champion. Surely, they should get rings for that. 

This sounds awfully petty. As if no UND hockey fan has ever sought consolation at the end of a season by noting the eventual tournament fate/success of the team that knocked out the Sioux.

The Bison run is epic, and historic, and deserving of as many superlatives as any NDSU fan can muster...let them be.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

This sounds awfully petty. As if no UND hockey fan has ever sought consolation at the end of a season by noting the eventual tournament fate/success of the team that knocked out the Sioux.

The Mount Union run is epic, and historic, and deserving of as many superlatives as any Purple Raider fan can muster...let them be.

fixed for ya...

• Upvote 2