SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

It was a little strange watching Bo walking the sideline of the Dakotadome. He took it to USD pretty good. With his name, connections and the fact that he will probably make more $$$ this year than all of the other MVFC coaches put together he should have YSU on top fairly shortly. 

I wonder if Mr Sweater Vest was there. 

Flagstaff complete blow out.  no defense. 

Montana State on October 31st will be a big game for UND. The injury situation from today's game will make a difference, but I think UND can get their running game going against MSU's porous defense. Also, UND defended Prukop and that offense quite well last season in Bozeman. A realistic and important goal for the football team should be to go undefeated in the Alerus Center. 

• Upvote 1

So the Mean Green is pretty weak this year, eh?

Must be... was just surprised now that they have their new stadium and all.  Had to check out their message board and it is looking worse over there than it was here at the end of the Muss era.  Sad, really.

(DISCLAIMER: Score comparisons are terrible. Too many "other" factors involved. I get that.)

I guess I'm surprised that SDSU lost at home by 21 to NDSU when NDSU (at home) beat UND by 25. 

Let me take a stab at some reasons why...in jest if course:

NDSu let off the gas out of respect for their "Rival"

SDSu is a great team, they just made some mental mistakes....every drive.

Stadium not quite finished.

second largest practice facility...if they had UND's it's a sure win.

The sky was yellow that day...threw the receivers off. 

• Upvote 1

(DISCLAIMER: Score comparisons are terrible. Too many "other" factors involved. I get that.)

I guess I'm surprised that SDSU lost at home by 21 to NDSU when NDSU (at home) beat UND by 25. 

While agreeing with and keeping your first point in mind, are you surprised by the results or the justifications that are being used to try to come up with the explanation in how they are in no way similar?

• Upvote 1

SDSU is better than us right now. I'd like to think we're closing the gap each week though.

Very likely.  That still doesn't change that one team got embarrassed in an OOC game on the road in a hostile environment against an unfamiliar opponent.  The other got embarrassed at home in front of the largest crowd their stadium had ever seen against a conference opponent that they are incredibly familiar with.

Must be... was just surprised now that they have their new stadium and all.  Had to check out their message board and it is looking worse over there than it was here at the end of the Muss era.  Sad, really.

North Texas fans seem absolutely distraught, on par with Wyoming.  At least their fan board said something to the effect that North Dakota FCS teams are always strong, and UND killed Wyoming.

If the selection committee values wins over FBS as much as people claim, Port St winning this game should help them and UND in the gaining a playoff spot.

SDSU is better than us right now. I'd like to think we're closing the gap each week though.

I agree overall SDSU is better than UND right now. SDSU's offense is better than UND's but UND's defense is better than SDSU's (and that isn't even close). I do think that they may have gotten a little vanilla on offense after going up 28-0 in the 3rd quarter, plus they fumbled a couple of times. The margin could have easily been greater against SDSU than UND. 

• Upvote 1

While agreeing with and keeping your first point in mind, are you surprised by the results or the justifications that are being used to try to come up with the explanation in how they are in no way similar?

Honestly, the result in Brookings. I thought SDSU would make a run at knocking NDSU off. Silly me. 

Normally home field advantage is worth about 3.5 points. Toss that in and SDSU and UND played about the same against NDSU. That surprises me. The Jacks were top ten ranked going in and were a no-show. 

I agree overall SDSU is better than UND right now. SDSU's offense is better than UND's but UND's defense is better than SDSU's (and that isn't even close). I do think that they may have gotten a little vanilla on offense after going up 28-0 in the 3rd quarter, plus they fumbled a couple of times. The margin could have easily been greater against SDSU than UND. 

SDSU has a defense? Where was it? ???