SiouxSports.com Forum
geaux_sioux

Non-UND FCS Thread

2 minutes ago, shep said:

10-4 since 93.

Need another streak like that again over the next 15 years.

Hell I’d take how it was in the 70’s. Two top ten teams slugging it out every year and trading wins for a decade. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

And his first TD pass goes to none other than Weston Dressler 

I like how the announcer said South Dakota to North Dakota. 

2 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

Any idea why CFL game is not on ESPN as listed?

Pretty sure it’s weather related as they said storms were approaching 

Couple of Hispanic dudes shooting the breeze about various topics. Do they plan on going back to it or scrapping it for the night? 

Edit: they just acknowledged the weather delay on the ticker.  

30 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Who cares??  The mom needed the kid to flip her.....what??   No one should be surprised at how shallow and superficial some are.

On the flip side, a long time banker/insurance guy I know, from up north by Hoople, graduated from NDSU but now has season tickets at UND because of the "pompous a--holes" that fill the Fargo dome.  (his words, not mine)  But I suppose that story doesn't write as well.

When Fargo N. elementary sends classes to NDSU to run around on the field with some football players my girls insist on full head-to-toe UND.  They say the players are really nice to them and joke about it, not a big deal.  That impresses me more than some 'fan flipper' that probably never went to a UND football game anyway.

That mom has actually been a bison football fan for years.  UND hockey-only fan as well.

10 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

Who cares??  The mom needed the kid to flip her.....what??   No one should be surprised at how shallow and superficial some are.

On the flip side, a long time banker/insurance guy I know, from up north by Hoople, graduated from NDSU but now has season tickets at UND because of the "pompous a--holes" that fill the Fargo dome.  (his words, not mine)  But I suppose that story doesn't write as well.

When Fargo N. elementary sends classes to NDSU to run around on the field with some football players my girls insist on full head-to-toe UND.  They say the players are really nice to them and joke about it, not a big deal.  That impresses me more than some 'fan flipper' that probably never went to a UND football game anyway.

Well I guess there are enough "pompous a-holes" to fill a section of seats the students gave up with more wanting tickets on a waiting list. And that one section will generate just about as much revenue as the UND football program will generate in ticket revenue for the entire season.Like it or not, NDSU football is like UND hockey. There are NDSU football fans that are UND hockey fans, always have been, and there are a growing number of UND hockey fans that are becoming NDSU football fans, I work with several UND fans that back in the 1990's and early 2000's followed and went to UND FB games. They don't care about UND FB anymore, They actually follow NDSU now and have gone to some games and are regular tailgaiters when they can't get tickets.

5 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Well I guess there are enough "pompous a-holes" to fill a section of seats the students gave up with more wanting tickets on a waiting list. And that one section will generate just about as much revenue as the UND football program will generate in ticket revenue for the entire season.Like it or not, NDSU football is like UND hockey. There are NDSU football fans that are UND hockey fans, always have been, and there are a growing number of UND hockey fans that are becoming NDSU football fans, I work with several UND fans that back in the 1990's and early 2000's followed and went to UND FB games. They don't care about UND FB anymore, They actually follow NDSU now and have gone to some games and are regular tailgaiters when they can't get tickets.

That's outstanding.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, nd1sufan said:

And thank, you for your daily faithfulness, to UND football threads in the off season. 

• Upvote 4