SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

Makes you wonder how many qbs could’ve won a title with NDSU this year. 

I have no issues with his arm. Except hes inconsistent. I think  alot of it come from not getting rid of the ball sooner. Many of his passes were like a half to a full step off from when he should have released the ball.  He also winds up when he tries to force the ball. Hopefully he will be better next year.

11 hours ago, bison73 said:

I think NDSUs success has a lot to do with Stick. If not he wouldnt be playing.

This here.

It is comical reading some of these posts on here about ES.  He is one of the best QBs in the FCS. 

NDSU does not run an offensive system where the QB is going to throw it 30-40-50 times/game.  15-25 passes is what he is going to do per game.  He's not going to have huge stats but he is very good.

He will lead NDSU to #7 this year.

12 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Braden Hanson. We are talking QB's not teams, and Braden was a good QB. Threw for 660 yards against Montana. Played only 7 games due to injury but had a great season as for as QB numbers go. We had no defense and no running game unlike NDSU so if we are talking just strictly who is a better QB its Hanson. 

LOL

Whatever makes you feel good!

Just now, bisoninnwmn said:

This here.

It is comical reading some of these posts on here about ES.  He is one of the best QBs in the FCS. 

NDSU does not run an offensive system where the QB is going to throw it 30-40-50 times/game.  15-25 passes is what he is going to do per game.  He's not going to have huge stats but he is very good.

He will lead NDSU to #7 this year.

I'll tell you what's comical: you coming on a UND site continually trying to convince us that NDSU football is the second coming. Don't be that sensitive. 

Easton Stick is ehh. 

When the bizons crash, don't hit your head too hard falling off the wagon -

1 minute ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I'll tell you what's comical: you coming on a UND site continually trying to convince us that NDSU football is the second coming. Don't be that sensitive. 

Easton Stick is ehh. 

When the bizons crash, don't hit your head too hard falling off the wagon -

I've got a whopping 68 posts on this site there bud, far cry from "continually"......try again.

Ya, NDSU is king of the hill right now.

You guys trying to downplay his ability or his value to NDSU's offense is comical.

2 minutes ago, bisoninnwmn said:

I've got a whopping 68 posts on this site there bud, far cry from "continually"......try again.

You guys trying to downplay his ability or his value to NDSU's offense is comical.

He'll get a look because of the Wentz legacy. That's it. 

Bit scant to be playing off someone else's reputation. 

1 minute ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

He'll get a look because of the Wentz legacy. That's it. 

I'm not even talking about NFL....I don't think he is NFL material.  But he is a damn good FCS QB that most schools would be glad to have, including UND.

His stats are not eye popping but no QB at NDSU will have them in the system they run.  He is a winner:  34-3 as a starter with one more year left.

11 hours ago, bison73 said:

I have no issues with his arm. Except hes inconsistent. I think  alot of it come from not getting rid of the ball sooner. Many of his passes were like a half to a full step off from when he should have released the ball.  He also winds up when he tries to force the ball. Hopefully he will be better next year.

The mechanics of the lower half of his body are a mess. He’s all over the place. He’s got a rocket laser arm but that doesn’t matter as much as people like to think.

7 minutes ago, bisoninnwmn said:

I'm not even talking about NFL....I don't think he is NFL material.  But he is a damn good FCS QB that most schools would be glad to have, including UND.

His stats are not eye popping but no QB at NDSU will have them in the system they run.  He is a winner:  34-3 as a starter with one more year left.

He’s not that great of a passer. For as many games as he’s played he should still be as erratic as he is at times. That is beyond refute. Your own fans know this.

8 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

He’s not that great of a passer. For as many games as he’s played he should still be as erratic as he is at times. That is beyond refute. Your own fans know this.

Ya, he is inconsistent and that is frustrating at times and Bison fans acknowledge this and so do I but to say he is mediocre or not very good is a fallacy.

Great passer?  No, he is not great but when he is "on" he is great.  He also has poor moments....just like all QBs do.

Look at the JMU QB Schorr....he is a great FCS QB but had a poor performance against the Bison defense....it happens.

Even if Stick is a caretaker quarterback, he is a winner, because that is what they ask him to do.  Who knows how good he could be if he needed to open it up all the time.  People kept talking about Joe Mollberg’s talent, but look how far that took him, as the turnovers kept him from reaching his potential.  Stick did what he had to do for the Bison to win, which makes him a winner in my eyes.  UND actually needs more guys like that, instead of guys that try to be the hero when it isn’t warranted.

1 hour ago, tnt said:

Even if Stick is a caretaker quarterback, he is a winner, because that is what they ask him to do.  Who knows how good he could be if he needed to open it up all the time.  People kept talking about Joe Mollberg’s talent, but look how far that took him, as the turnovers kept him from reaching his potential.  Stick did what he had to do for the Bison to win, which makes him a winner in my eyes.  UND actually needs more guys like that, instead of guys that try to be the hero when it isn’t warranted.

When Stick had to make plays with his arm he struggled mightly. So no, opening it up would not benefit him.

1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

When Stick had to make plays with his arm he struggled mightly. So no, opening it up would not benefit him.

-Made all the plays he needed to beat Iowa last year

-34 and 3 as the starter, 15 wins away from the all time winningest QB in D1 history

But he’s average your right... 

Shake my head.. Give me a break, what’s it take to be a good QB? Winning! That’s all that matters bottom line. Yes his supporting cast, system he plays in, defense, etc. are top notch at the FCS level. Look at the side-by-side stats with Wentz, Jensen, and Sticks junior years. Guess whose is the best? Easton Sticks.

For what it’s worth, there’s a lot of great QBs in college football that don’t win anything. Gubrud, Briscoe, Steveler for example. All sitting at home on their couches. Stats are great because the system they play in allows them to put up video game like numbers. Braeden Hanson would of not fit in NDSU offense, he was a statue back there. Hendrickson could of fit it well, even Strudsrud would of been efficient. 

A great QB in my mind is about one thing: winning! 

3 hours ago, bisoninnwmn said:

for every one post, your probably visit this site 100 times...

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Tolna said:

-Made all the plays he needed to beat Iowa last year

-34 and 3 as the starter, 15 wins away from the all time winningest QB in D1 history

But he’s average your right... 

Shake my head.. Give me a break, what’s it take to be a good QB? Winning! That’s all that matters bottom line. Yes his supporting cast, system he plays in, defense, etc. are top notch at the FCS level. Look at the side-by-side stats with Wentz, Jensen, and Sticks junior years. Guess whose is the best? Easton Sticks.

For what it’s worth, there’s a lot of great QBs in college football that don’t win anything. Gubrud, Briscoe, Steveler for example. All sitting at home on their couches. Stats are great because the system they play in allows them to put up video game like numbers. Braeden Hanson would of not fit in NDSU offense, he was a statue back there. Hendrickson could of fit it well, even Strudsrud would of been efficient. 

A great QB in my mind is about one thing: winning! 

I have this argument at work from time to time.

Is Eli Manning, Trent Dilfer, Joe Namath, and Joe Flacco > Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, Fran Tarkenton, and Warren Moon?

3 hours ago, bisoninnwmn said:

If you guys want to get your royal a$$es kissed, it ain't happening on this forum.

Take the "My Oh My" show back to Bisonville, please.

Thank you.

(Not) The Management.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2