SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

4 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

I watched enough of him to know he doesn't do well when he has to win a game with his arm. He's erratic at times. We can all kiss his rings, just not his ass.

Would you compare him to a Jalen Hurts? Great record, but he's not necessarily the reason why the record is great.

1 hour ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

Would you compare him to a Jalen Hurts? Great record, but he's not necessarily the reason why the record is great.

No. This kid has the chance to be the all time winningest qb in fcs history, and didn’t get pulled at halftime of a national championship game!  Like it or not boys this kid is what you would call a superstar at the fcs level.  Carson wentz is an anomaly, he should have never played fcs football.  Comparing fcs qb’s to him isn’t fair.

2 minutes ago, Texas rancher said:

No. This kid has the chance to be the all time winningest qb in fcs history, and didn’t get pulled at halftime of a national championship game!  Like it or not boys this kid is what you would call a superstar at the fcs level.  Carson wentz is an anomaly, he should have never played fcs football.  Comparing fcs qb’s to him isn’t fair.

I'm not knocking the kid, a winner is a winner. I'm just wondering if you think he's the reason why they win, or he just plays his role on a very good team. Wentz isn't a fair comparison to anyone at the FCS level, but do you think NDSU could do what they do without Stick?

20 minutes ago, Texas rancher said:

He’s not even close to a superstar you pillock.

14 minutes ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

I'm not knocking the kid, a winner is a winner. I'm just wondering if you think he's the reason why they win, or he just plays his role on a very good team. Wentz isn't a fair comparison to anyone at the FCS level, but do you think NDSU could do what they do without Stick?

I know what you are trying to do, I don’t want to.....  you know what yes I do.

easton stick is better than any qb to ever play at und, and in spite of that I think that you are trying to find a supposed chink in ndsu’s armor to berate.  I don’t know if ndsu would have won an fcs championship with another qb, but they didn’t and I’m pretty happy with who they have at the helm next year.

Just now, Texas rancher said:

easton stick is better than any qb to ever play at und, and in spite of that I think that you are trying to find a supposed chink in ndsu’s armor to berate.  I don’t know if ndsu would have won an fcs championship with another qb, but they didn’t and I’m pretty happy with who they have at the helm next year.

Good one. Even only picking from our D1 era I’d take Marcus Hendrickson and Braden Hanson over Stick. You guys had to win games in spite of him. Superstar my ass. He’s a game manager and can hardly do that with his arm at times.

4 minutes ago, Texas rancher said:

2db74698da88dbc279a2140622368408--granit

7 minutes ago, Texas rancher said:

That's not what I was getting at.

9 minutes ago, Texas rancher said:

Tell me what qb to ever play at und with a better resume than Easton stick, you gif posting genius?

Braden Hanson. We are talking QB's not teams, and Braden was a good QB. Threw for 660 yards against Montana. Played only 7 games due to injury but had a great season as for as QB numbers go. We had no defense and no running game unlike NDSU so if we are talking just strictly who is a better QB its Hanson. 

3 minutes ago, Texas rancher said:

Tell me what qb to ever play at und with a better resume than Easton stick, you gif posting genius?

Stick is average at best. 

Thank NDSU's defense and running game and JMU having a bad day in the red zone for NDSU's 6th FCS title, certainly not Easton Stick. 

Move along now, Rancher. 

34 minutes ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

I think NDSUs success has a lot to do with Stick. If not he wouldnt be playing.

1 minute ago, Texas rancher said:

Would you want Easton stick on your team?

I don't understand why you get so angry. You've had the best team in the FCS for half a decade. If UND was on that run I wouldn't care what anyone said. All I was getting at was that Stick isn't the best player on that team, Wentz was. I believe that a number of different QB's could win a title at NDSU. It's not a chink in the armor, he just isn't the most important player.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Good one. Even only picking from our D1 era I’d take Marcus Hendrickson and Braden Hanson over Stick. You guys had to win games in spite of him. Superstar my ass. He’s a game manager and can hardly do that with his arm at times.

Even with that arm he is in the top 10 in almost every passing category.  Plus hes got one more year left.

1 minute ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

I don't understand why you get so angry. You've had the best team in the FCS for half a decade. If UND was on that run I wouldn't care what anyone said. All I was getting at was that Stick isn't the best player on that team, Wentz was. I believe that a number of different QB's could win a title at NDSU. It's not a chink in the armor, he just isn't the most important player.

NDSU has the total package, offensive line, running game, defense. Its like how good would Tom Brady be on the Cleveland Browns.

3 minutes ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

Fair enough.