SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

25 minutes ago, moser53 said:

Not  good enough to score any points in 2nd half. The 3rd and 15 TD pass he had was maybe the play of the game.

Good point.  He should probably decline his NCAA Championship ring because he played poorly in the second half of the title game.

4 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Today's recruits don't remember a time when UND ruled the roost.  

Hopefully that will change in the near future. NDSU took advantage of Roger Thomas' bad decision to stay in DII and it has worked out 6 fold. 

15 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Hopefully that will change in the near future. NDSU took advantage of Roger Thomas' bad decision to stay in DII and it has worked out 6 fold. 

That’s on Kupchella.  The challenge is NDSU has by all accounts a solid guy at the helm. Not a lunatic like Rocky, where Roger could sit at a recruit’s kitchen table and win the battle by basically being himself. 

On 1/2/2018 at 10:10 PM, mooncountry said:

Which 10 in 10 years are those?

georgia southern

appy state

odu

maybe coastal carolina if you consider them good.

between roughly 1978-2010 about 20 teams moved up to fbs...since 2010 i would think about 5 or 6 more have moved up with maybe 5 or 6 dropping fcs football...it. is. a. dying. brand.

edit...9 schools have moved up to fbs or added fbs since 2012

edit...11 schools have dropped fb snce 2001

• Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

between roughly 1978-2010 about 20 teams moved up to fbs...since 2010 i would think about 5 or 6 more have moved up with maybe 5 or 6 dropping fcs football...it. is. a. dying. brand.

But no one around here has moved up. There just isn't any conferences that would make sense around here except the Mountain West and ask Idaho about trying to get into that one. Unless SV's theory on the WAC/Big Sky being an FBS conference comes true us northern schools are stuck with only the Sun Belt in sight. YUCK!

5 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

But no one around here has moved up. There just isn't any conferences that would make sense around here except the Mountain West and ask Idaho about trying to get into that one. Unless SV's theory on the WAC/Big Sky being an FBS conference comes true us northern schools are stuck with only the Sun Belt in sight. YUCK!

liberty just showed you don't need an invite to move up...find 8 like minded schools to jump up...shouldn't be too hard...i can think of a couple.

11 minutes ago, shep said:

Why move up when they can dominate this division? Don't give me this crap about being tired of it either. If they want to play in the Meineke Muffler Tossed Salad Bowl every year, fine by me, but it doesn't make any sense.

No kidding. Since when is winning boring. 

1 minute ago, shep said:

I get that the fan base should be proud, but there are many who believe that they COULD play with Bama.

Clemson, reigning FBS champs, thought that too...........

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, shep said:

Why move up when they can dominate this division? Don't give me this crap about being tired of it either. If they want to play in the Meineke Muffler Tossed Salad Bowl every year, fine by me, but it doesn't make any sense.

bc no one cares about fcs football other than fcs schools fans...and that pool of fans is shrinking every day

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

bc no one cares about fcs football other than fcs schools fans...and that pool of fans is shrinking every day

But if you aren't Bama and the big dogs, who cares who plays in the "Tampax It's That Time of Month" Bowl?  Bison will NOT get past a minor bowl game and frankly, most teams that play in those LOSE money. How much would it cost to move up to get to play in those types of games IF you're lucky?

2 minutes ago, shep said:

But if you aren't Bama and the big dogs, who cares who plays in the "Tampax It's That Time of Month" Bowl?  Bison will NOT get past a minor bowl game and frankly, most teams that play in those LOSE money. How much would it cost to move up to get to play in those types of games IF you're lucky?

exactly...it's a catch 22...fbs/fcs is toally messed up...just ask any fans of central florida.

• Upvote 1

Just now, SIOUXFAN97 said:

exactly...it's a catch 22...fbs/fcs is toally messed up...just ask any fans of central florida.

Oh I just put on my Twitter page: NCAA you just crowned a champion that had to play 4 playoff games. Did that "dilute the regular season?"

I think the big boys should have 8 teams! UCF got jobbed-beat the team that beat BOTH teams in the committee run playoff title game and get nothing out of it.

• Like 1