SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Safe to say none of them were Cali JUCO transfers either.................

But when we don't get a JUCO LB transfer in the off season last year.......people claim it's on Bubba for not getting a transfer to fill an immediate need.   Which comes first....the chicken or the egg. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Listening to News and Views on KFGO this morning and Joel Heitkamp thinks that if the Bison don't put the ball on the ground, they'll come home "smiling".

Someone needs to tell these people that James Madison is the defending FCS champion and on a 26 game winning streak. Also, this game will not be held in the Not-So Fabulous Fargodome.

Unlike their first three playoff opponents, JMU isn't going to lay down for the mighty Bison.

If the players are buying into this "show up and win" thinking, it will be a long trip back home next weekend for the FBS wanna-be's.

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Listening to News and Views on KFGO this morning and Joel Heitkamp thinks that if the Bison don't put the ball on the ground, they'll come home "smiling".

Someone needs to tell these people that James Madison is the defending FCS champion and on a 26 game winning streak. Also, this game will not be held in the Not-So Fabulous Fargodome.

Unlike their first three playoff opponents, JMU isn't going to lay down for the mighty Bison.

If the players are buying into this "show up and win" thinking, it will be a long trip back home next weekend for the FBS wanna-be's.

I'm guessing the players aren't looking at it that way.  They lost to this team last year.  Would be kinda strange to have that mentality.

Also...Joel Heitkamp sucks

• Upvote 1

Joel is yours, please keep a leash on him.

2 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Most if not all Fargo media has this mentality, show up and win. Sorry, James Madison is not San Diego and Sam Houston St. The Bison was blessed with the cupcake side of the brackets, this will be a big test being it’s outside their dome against the defending national champion.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Most if not all Fargo media has this mentality, show up and win. Sorry, James Madison is not San Diego and Sam Houston St. The Bison was blessed with the cupcake side of the brackets, this will be a big test being it’s outside their dome against the defending national champion.

If it was the Bison that were blessed with the cupcake side of the bracket why was it JMU who almost -- and really should have -- lost?

27 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Although I don't really want to get into the pissing match about ndsu having an easy road to the championship, you're basically making their argument for them with this comment.  JMU almost lost because they weren't blessed with the cupcake side of the bracket.

Logic and reading comprehension apparently taking an extended holiday down south.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

While I too hope that eventually UND can get to where NDSU is competitively. I just don't understand why there is so much bashing on the team. The fans, sure ... The media love, sure, but the team, they have pretty much earned the spot they are in. Talking about a cupcake side of the bracket ... really? They have basically dominated everyone, not sure why we need chalk up that kind of performance to weak opponents, especially from our vantage point at UND. It just like people talking about NDSU slipping before the season started; and now they are in another championship game, with a ridiculous recruiting class coming in. I think folks on this board need to take a little step back in the smack talk of NDSUs team or performance, and focus on our own guys. Lets face it, it is exactly where we want our team to be.

I don't much care what NDSU is doing unless we play them next year, which I hope we do. It will mean we are in the playoffs and doing far better than this season.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

25 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

While I too hope that eventually UND can get to where NDSU is competitively. I just don't understand why there is so much bashing on the team. The fans, sure ... The media love, sure, but the team, they have pretty much earned the spot they are in. Talking about a cupcake side of the bracket ... really? They have basically dominated everyone, not sure why we need chalk up that kind of performance to weak opponents, especially from our vantage point at UND. It just like people talking about NDSU slipping before the season started; and now they are in another championship game, with a ridiculous recruiting class coming in. I think folks on this board need to take a little step back in the smack talk of NDSUs team or performance, and focus on our own guys. Lets face it, it is exactly where we want our team to be.

I don't much care what NDSU is doing unless we play them next year, which I hope we do. It will mean we are in the playoffs and doing far better than this season.

!@#$ ndsu

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

While I too hope that eventually UND can get to where NDSU is competitively. I just don't understand why there is so much bashing on the team. The fans, sure ... The media love, sure, but the team, they have pretty much earned the spot they are in. Talking about a cupcake side of the bracket ... really? They have basically dominated THE LITTLE SISTERS OF THE POOR, not sure why we need chalk up that kind of performance to weak opponents, especially from our vantage point at UND. It just like people talking about NDSU slipping before the season started; and now they are in another championship game, with a ridiculous recruiting class coming in. I think folks on this board need to take a little step back in the smack talk of NDSUs team or performance, and focus on our own guys. Lets face it, it is exactly where we want our team to be.

• Like 1

Hey, I don't like NDSU any more than the next guys I just think its funny that people on this forum were talking about their teams regressing and slipping back a bit, prior to them going back to the Nat'l Championship game, or talking about how they had a cupcake run to the championship, while we have moved on to basketball or hockey. Just sounds like a whole lot of jealous whining to me. If we were sitting where the Bison are, with the same path to the championship, nobody would be talking about a cupcake path.

Now I will be pulling for JMU, but to say that the team is where they are because of who they played is a little dumb. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

If we were in NDSU's position, I would not be making overconfident comments about how all my team has to do is not turn it over and they'll come home "smiling". That completely ignores the fact that JMU is the defending FCS champion and is on a 26 game winning streak AND beat the mighty Bison last year in the Not-So Fabulous Fargodome. You don't take games like that lightly. And I wouldn't if UND was facing JMU for all the marbles. Overconfidence has brought down many a dynasty in sports. It is the primary reason why they eventually crumble.

And we are under no obligation to kiss NDSU's collective backsides regarding their success. Just like they are under no obligation to slobber praise on our hockey team winning NCAA titles. It's a rivalry, not a mutual admiration society. That is how rivalries work. And this is Siouxsports.com, not Bisonville. We can and will take shots at NDSU. As long as their fans keep calling hockey a "fake sport", I will continue my smack talk.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

And we need to care about what NDSU is doing because we are in the same region and in a couple of years will be in the same conference. What happens to them affects us, good or bad.

I understand most of the people on this board, including my self, are pro Und. In a few years the yearly Sioux/ Bison battle will return. The tougher the Bison are the Tougher the Sioux will be and it will take a very good and very tough team to bring home a National Championship. Having to go through a legitimate Bison team will only make it better. 

• Upvote 2

If we were in NDSU's position, I would not be making overconfident comments about how all my team has to do is not turn it over and they'll come home "smiling". That completely ignores the fact that JMU is the defending FCS champion and is on a 26 game winning streak AND beat the mighty Bison last year in the Not-So Fabulous Fargodome. You don't take games like that lightly. And I wouldn't if UND was facing JMU for all the marbles. Overconfidence has brought down many a dynasty in sports. It is the primary reason why they eventually crumble.

And we are under no obligation to kiss NDSU's collective backsides regarding their success. Just like they are under no obligation to slobber praise on our hockey team winning NCAA titles. It's a rivalry, not a mutual admiration society. That is how rivalries work. And this is Siouxsports.com, not Bisonville. We can and will take shots at NDSU. As long as their fans keep calling hockey a "fake sport", I will continue my smack talk.

I get what you're saying, but every fan base has people like that, including our own. Not looking to kiss NDSU's backside, I just think its a little humorous that folks on here like to talk about how they were going to slide this year, and they got the easy path to Frisco, like this year was some fluke. They've been doing this for years now. I guess i just find it a little petty and whiny.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I get what you're saying, but every fan base has people like that, including our own. Not looking to kiss NDSU's backside, I just think its a little humorous that folks on here like to talk about how they were going to slide this year, and they got the easy path to Frisco, like this year was some fluke. They've been doing this for years now. I guess i just find it a little petty and whiny.

most people that know anything about FCS football realize in the last ten years half of the good 20 teams have left for FBS leaving about 10 good teams...of those 10 a few don't make because of auto bids that go to the likes of san diego and drake and savannah state that have no business  being in the playoffs (yes san diego has won its last wo playoff games i know)...wich means that the path to their "national championship" aint what it used to be which still isn't saying much anyways to the average college football fan that only follows FBS...("FCS champ? wasn't it mount union or st johns?)

• Like 1

Just now, UNDBIZ said:

And we were still terrible this year.  It makes no sense to rip the FCS competition when it's our competition.

take away half our injuries and we would be right there. the process of crowning a champ is flawed and in the last decade...watered down quite a bit.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1