SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

2 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

jmu beat them last year...sdsu beat them this year....

It does seem like SDSU's year this year they are loaded on offense. I'm just not sure I trust them to win the Big one if they get in verses NDSU. They'e never beaten them in the past when it counted. 

23 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

so how many bizons were hurt yesterday that won't play in a couple of weeks?  ddi they lose both cb's?

It won't matter how many are hurt.  Don't you know, UND is the only team that loses games because of injuries.   Everyone else finds a way to deal with it, including the Bison.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, TRex said:

It won't matter how many are hurt.  Don't you know, UND is the only team that loses games because of injuries.   Everyone else finds a way to deal with it, including the Bison.

Announcers said the Dukes had a lot of injuries, can't tell.

So much for SU's wet dream of avenging their loss against the Jacks this year.

That JMU - SDSU score was pretty shocking. SDSU looked good early, I wasn't convinced they could beat NDSU when it counted,  turns out couldn' even come close to JMU. Funny how Sam Houston gets portrayed as soft, but SDSU just got their a$$ kicked but yet you don' see the same comments just because they are from the MVFC. NDSU has carried that conference and any team that plays them tough gets propped up, or if a team beats NDSU once in 5 tries they get put on  pedalstil like SDSU. After SDSU loses their two offensive studs they will fall back into FCS slighty above medioracrity.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Yes. If Weber had a better qb they may be playing NDSU for the title.

You no doubt have substantially more football knowledge than me, but on this one I would have to disagree. Having watched Weber twice in person and a considerable amount of their play via streaming, I feel that they wouldn't have had a chance to get to the quarterfinal game with a different quarterback; and therefore, wouldn't even been in a position to take on JMU. Sure Cantwell's numbers were bad (12-30, 238 yds, 2TD, 1 INT), but his performance was considerably better than the other two quarterbacks that JMU faced in the playoffs: Stony Brook 5 INT's and SDSU 6 INT's.

2 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

That JMU - SDSU score was pretty shocking. SDSU looked good early, I wasn't convinced they could beat NDSU when it counted,  turns out couldn' even come close to JMU. Funny how Sam Houston gets portrayed as soft, but SDSU just got their a$$ kicked but yet you don' see the same comments just because they are from the MVFC. NDSU has carried that conference and any team that plays them tough gets propped up, or if a team beats NDSU once in 5 tries they get put on  pedalstil like SDSU. After SDSU loses their two offensive studs they will fall back into FCS slighty above medioracrity.

Are you talking about Soft Dakota State University (SDSU)?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

That's what people said about SDSU when they lost Zenner and Sumner. Turns out they replaced them just fine.