Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
geaux_sioux

Non-UND FCS Thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, johnsowe said:

They said NDSU has 13 guys out to injuries and the backups came in and did not skip a beat.  What does UND need to do to get to that level? 

Must have been a mis-statement...UND gets exponentially more injuries than any other program - the ones that cannot be overcome, too.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Must have been a mis-statement...UND gets exponentially more injuries than any other program - the ones that cannot be overcome, too.

13 off their two deep?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Must have been a mis-statement...UND gets exponentially more injuries than any other program - the ones that cannot be overcome, too.

If they had our injury situation from this year they would be hurting make no mistake. They do, however, have much much better team depth.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

is it time to move away from fcs auto bids from conferences and just pick the top 16?  fcs playoffs football is comical

I think they can drop auto bids and/or place more emphasis on conference strength.  Wofford sucked and their conference has sucked since Appt St. and Ga. Southern left.  That was the 7th ranked team?  What a joke.  Youngstown St., not in the play-offs, obviously would have been a better game in a rematch compared to that horsecrap Wofford team.  If the MVFC has 7-8 teams in the play-offs, then so be it, maybe they should.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

If there was one answer for that there would be alot of championship caliber programs around. 

 

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Not just a time element, otherwise the oldest programs and/or longest tenured coaches would all be champions ...

Program depth me you work hard because there is someone to take your place and you would be riding the pines... show up on time, clean, practice/play hard....

after depth other things will turn around

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NDSU had 2 sophomores and 1 redshirt freshman in the starting lineup.  Nobody on their most recent two-deep was playing high school ball last season.............

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, bincitysioux said:

NDSU had 2 sophomores and 1 redshirt freshman in the starting lineup.  Nobody on their most recent two-deep was playing high school ball last season.............

Not NDSU's fault they have built proper depth. 

 

Bubba has been at UND for 4 + seasons ....

Yet, true freshmen are still making the two-deep? Sounds like a lot of throwing darts in the dark and hoping for some luck. 

That is, if Bubba doesn't have so many recruits quit, leave, or just plain not play well then UND doesn't have to play true freshmen. 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Not NDSU's fault they have built proper depth. 

 

Bubba has been at UND for 4 + seasons ....

Yet, true freshmen are still making the two-deep? Sounds like a lot of throwing darts in the dark and hoping for some luck. 

That is, if Bubba doesn't have so many recruits quit, leave, or just plain not play well then UND doesn't have to play true freshmen. 

He's had 3 true recruiting classes.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, shep said:

He's had 3 true recruiting classes.

It's been mentioned many times, he apparently just can' comprehend Bubba's first true recruiting class would have only been sophomores this year and that the lack of food depth in the upper classes isn' necessarily on him, other than perhaps not bringing in transfers. Which the transfer thing is kinda funny..... you get many people say that transfers and juco isn' the way to go and they often don' work out, but yet then are disappointed when we don't have more. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

As they should be. I would expect Stig to outcoach himself if they meet down there.

He has been known to do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

It's been mentioned many times, he apparently just can' comprehend Bubba's first true recruiting class would have only been sophomores this year and that the lack of food depth in the upper classes isn' necessarily on him, other than perhaps not bringing in transfers. Which the transfer thing is kinda funny..... you get many people say that transfers and juco isn' the way to go and they often don' work out, but yet then are disappointed when we don't have more. 

so is Bubba robbing the cupboard  by pulling red shirts for short term results to appease a frothy fanbase?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

With his play calls being great? Yes. A coach can overcome talent with great play calling. He can also accentuate talent with play calling. Those plays I'm talking about would've been successful with anyone running them. 

Our OC has me a bit confused----I dont know WHY we pass the ball on second and inches. He has done this twice in the last two games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2017 at 12:22 PM, darell1976 said:

Cue the “we want Bama” Bison fans. 

Even though I dont subscribe to that thought I will say it to make you feel better---WE WANT BAMA. Feel better? 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Our OC has me a bit confused----I dont know WHY we pass the ball on second and inches. He has done this twice in the last two games.

Second and inches is one of the best times to pass. Low-risk high reward. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

I think they can drop auto bids and/or place more emphasis on conference strength.  Wofford sucked and their conference has sucked since Appt St. and Ga. Southern left.  That was the 7th ranked team?  What a joke.  Youngstown St., not in the play-offs, obviously would have been a better game in a rematch compared to that horsecrap Wofford team.  If the MVFC has 7-8 teams in the play-offs, then so be it, maybe they should.

agreed....very well said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With past bitching by Bison for having too many Valley teams in their bracket really paid off this year.....JMU got hosed for being one seed...pretty obvious 3 of 4 (JMU, Weber, and SDSU can throw in N. Iowa as they would have at least given the Bison a physical game) best teams in tournament are in JMU side of bracket....after watching Sam Houston the last two weeks Bison would get a better game from their backups!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 12:22 PM, darell1976 said:

Cue the “we want Bama” Bison fans. 

 

4 hours ago, bison73 said:

Even though I dont subscribe to that thought I will say it to make you feel better---WE WANT BAMA. Feel better? 

You both need to get with the times. Its We Want Clemson*

*they are the defending national champs until proven otherwise 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gsiouxo said:

With past bitching by Bison for having too many Valley teams in their bracket really paid off this year.....JMU got hosed for being one seed...pretty obvious 3 of 4 (JMU, Weber, and SDSU can throw in N. Iowa as they would have at least given the Bison a physical game) best teams in tournament are in JMU side of bracket....after watching Sam Houston the last two weeks Bison would get a better game from their backups!!!

Oh, you want ndsu to play all the valley teams again in the playoffs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Texas rancher said:

Oh, you want ndsu to play all the valley teams again in the playoffs?

Get a life-

You add absolutely nothing every post you make.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bison73 said:

Our OC has me a bit confused----I dont know WHY we pass the ball on second and inches. He has done this twice in the last two games.

Sorry, but on this site we never take shots at the OC. Thank you.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Second and inches is one of the best times to pass. Low-risk high reward. 

Play Action. Max Protect and throw it deep where only 1 guy can have a chance to catch it.

We like to run a play that starts 4-5 yards deep and hopefully gets back to line of scrimmage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Second and inches is one of the best times to pass. Low-risk high reward. 

If your throwing a low risk pass and not a long ball. I would take the first down on the ground and keep them on their heels. If your moving the ball on the ground you dont stop. You grind them down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

 

You both need to get with the times. Its We Want Clemson*

*they are the defending national champs until proven otherwise 

Baby steps. We will take on Clemson next year.:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×