SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

16 hours ago, Stromer said:

Exactly the type of aggressive play calling you need to have to give yourself a chance to beat a top ranked FCS or a FBS school. Suppose our coaching staff is watching??

I hope so but they seem incapable of learning anything.   Remember this was their 4th year.

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

so your saying sdac got lucky...or did easton the mouthbreather show his true colors when playing from behind?

It looks like he said NDSU turned the ball over five times and that is atypical.  Believe it or not, most teams lose from time to time, in some cases, about half the time(see: UND in FCS).

Just now, SIOUXFAN97 said:

so your saying sdac got lucky...or did easton the mouthbreather show his true colors when playing from behind?

Stuff happens. NDSU was only undefeated during the regular season once in its run of championships. NDSU will be favored if they play in Texas.

34 minutes ago, Irish said:

I hope so but they seem incapable of learning anything.   Remember this was their 4th year.

Have to admit. NDSU just looks physical, fast and prepared. I hope we can some day play like that in the playoffs. Its going to take a huge shift. NDSU has success and $$$. Questions is which comes first at UND?

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

Do you even know which plays I'm talking about? They're the type of plays we were asking for all year.

You honestly cannot think talent has "nothing" to do with it. I was just catching you on your exaggeration. 

NDSU's OC Messingham has done a nice job, but he was not breaking records or earning raises when coordinating offense at Montana State, Indiana, or Iowa State.

Talent differential is always a huge factor; NDSU has superior talent right now. Never dismiss the actual players on the field. 

2 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

You honestly cannot think talent has "nothing" to do with it. I was just catching you on your exaggeration. 

NDSU's OC Messingham has done a nice job, but he was not breaking records or earning raises when coordinating offense at Montana State, Indiana, or Iowa State.

Talent differential is always a huge factor; NDSU has superior talent right now. Never dismiss the actual players on the field. 

With his play calls being great? Yes. A coach can overcome talent with great play calling. He can also accentuate talent with play calling. Those plays I'm talking about would've been successful with anyone running them. 

• Upvote 1