SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

13 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Better than your "eye test". 

A resume is a complete body of work. USD's is better than NDSU's to date. There are different levels of "bad teams". Thinking that Bowling Green is near the same level as Missouri State (both team's 3rd best win) is ridiculous. UND blew out Missouri State. Hell, UND would be 4-2 with NDSU's schedule and they are in the bottom half of USD's SOS.

I don't agree. Back to my original point. Wins over two current top ten FCS teams on the road trumps anything USD has done. Stop with the Sagarin nonsense.

8 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

I don't agree. Back to my original point. Wins over two current top ten FCS teams on the road trumps anything USD has done. Stop with the Sagarin nonsense.

I haven't read all of the comments on here so maybe somebody already mentioned it.  How about the fact that EWU had a new staff and many new players at the beginning of the year, they only scored 10 points on Texas Tech.  I thought they would score 30 on them and probably normally would have, but it took them a couple of games to figure things out with a new offensive coordinator etc..  You guys probably would have still won but I think the game would be a little closer if you were playing this weekend than it was the 2nd week of the season.  Now since you are an NDSU troll I know you won't even say there is at all a hint of truth in that.  

15 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

Yes, because the polls your citing have shown to be really accurate and very flexible to move off their initial rankings. :silly:

The one that is typically the most accurate, AGS, has WIU ahead of EWU (actually WIU, EWU, YSU at 7,8,9).

It's also convenient how you keep including best two wins instead of three, which allows you to exclude USD's FBS win. Understandable since that would require you to add in NDSU's third best win, which is Missouri State and that doesn't even come close to helping your case.

19 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Yes, because the polls your citing have shown to be really accurate and very flexible to move off their initial rankings. :silly:

The one that is typically the most accurate, AGS, has WIU ahead of EWU (actually WIU, EWU, YSU at 7,8,9).

It's also convenient how you keep including best two wins instead of three, which allows you to exclude USD's FBS win. Understandable since that would require you to add in NDSU's third best win, which is Missouri State and that doesn't even come close to helping your case.

OK, let's restate that: NDSU's 2 best wins trump USD's three best wins. Wins can not be summed in that way. Two, or even one, quality win can easily trump 3. 

2 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

OK, let's restate that: NDSU's 2 best wins trump USD's three best wins. Wins can not be summed in that way. Two, or even one, quality win can easily trump 3. 

In the eyes of the committee it's actually all about quality losses

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

Please quit digging a hole.  The hole is deep enough,  jump in and we will gladly kick dirt in the hole to cover up your sorry $$$$. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, moser53 said:

Don't underestimate Doug Bergum. If NDSU being like an Oklahoma State is his dream-goal in his lifetime what will we see at SU that will give clues. 10 thousand  more students  1 billion endowment. Underestimate the will in Fargo not me.

Burgum is raking in the money with the tax breaks at the expense of the Fargo homeowners, but if he thinks his downtown metropolis of high rise buildings are going to carry NDSU into FBS status (namely a huge dome, or stadium) he is up for a ride awakining. I think NDSU will lean on Carson Wentz than Doug Burgum for money.

2 hours ago, Gothmog said:

No they don't and you have zero objective rankings to show NDSU having a better resume. Two or one isn't a resume, they are data points on a body of work. But it's OK, NDSU's resume has already started to get better now that they are done playing teams in the bottom 20% of Division 1 in 4 of their first 5 games. Maybe they will even leapfrog USD in individual Sagarin rankings for the season so next time you bring it up, you can use it as a winning argument instead of a losing one.

• Upvote 1

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 3:51 PM, SiouxBoys said:

For the rest of your time here on this board, you must refer to jdub27 as daddy.

Umm, no. His argument is a logical fallacy. It simply does not that follow that team A is better than team B (or "has a better resume") simply because team A has played better teams at the midpoint of the season, especially if both teams at undefeated. That's the point and he lost that point. In the end all he could do was restate Sagarin ratings to support his losing argument.

On 10/21/2017 at 5:42 PM, Gothmog said:

Umm, no. His argument is a logical fallacy. It simply does not that follow that team A is better than team B (or "has a better resume") simply because team A has played better teams at the midpoint of the season, especially if both teams at undefeated. That's the point and he lost that point. In the end all he could do was restate Sagarin ratings to support his losing argument.

Being a better team is not the same as having a better resume. Not sure what's so hard to understand about that. 

4 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Montana getting their tits lit by Weber St.  This is why I was so pissed about our incompetence in our game against the Griz.  They are a pretty average team, we made them look good.

And that one was almost entirely on the coaching staff. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, gundy1124 said:

Montana getting their tits lit by Weber St.  This is why I was so pissed about our incompetence in our game against the Griz.  They are a pretty average team, we made them look good.

I had posted that I was laughing how Montana fans were puffing their chest after their win against us....saying it was the best their defense has looked etc., and they sure thought they were something.  I said I'm glad they had a false sense of greatness and was looking forward to watching them lose. 

• Upvote 3

45 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

How is Chris Klieman upset about that targeting call on Cox? Completely helmet to helmet.

Receiver ducked his head a little bit.  No launch, no intent to harm. 

By definition of the rule its targeting, but the rule needs some tweaking.

1 hour ago, gundy1124 said:

How about sac st at home!?  They hadn't won a road game in three years and had a fresh QB .  Embarrassing!