SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

On 10/13/2017 at 7:29 AM, JohnboyND7 said:

750,000 people watched the championship round on ESPN.... or 300,000 more than watched DU win their championship in hockey last season.

Niche sports my man.  

I'm guessing his "fake" comment refers to the perception of non-football/basketball sports at most schools take a backseat. But you already knew that. 

That is awesome that you knew that stat off the top of your head and remembered it just so you could use it on here.  Or did you look it up in the 14 minutes it took you to reply? Stop it already with the "my man" comments like we are your buds. 

21 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

Really? I haven't seen a single poll that ranks it that way. Not one.

BTW - take an honest look at USD's schedule so far. They've played 2 good teams: Western Illinois and Youngstown. With road wins over two top 10 FCS teams, NDSU actually has the better resume. Bowling Green is a bad FBS team. 

35 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

BTW - take an honest look at USD's schedule so far. They've played 2 good teams: Western Illinois and Youngstown. With road wins over two top 10 FCS teams, NDSU actually has the better resume. Bowling Green is a bad FBS team. 

Right now???  Not a chance.  

21 minutes ago, homer said:

Right now???  Not a chance.  

Again, take an honest look at USD's schedule. Other than WIU and YSU it's not very good. NDSU's wins over EWU and YSU on the road are more impressive than anything USD has done. Indiana State is 0-6, UND is 2-5, Bowling Green is 1-6, and Drake is 3-3 in the Pioneer League.

15 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Who would have guess that SDSU would lose at home to UNI by more than we did to Montana, not me.  Our season has been a wreck, decimated with injuries.  SDSU....had title hopes this year....they are unraveling.  But they will end up playing NDSU tight this year, and once again everyone will talk about how good SDSU is. 

I said weeks ago that I thought USD was the better team. I didn't receive much reaction from it at the time but it looks like I was onto something.

18 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

What do you consider the championship "round?"

i don't think anyone is arguing that hockey is more popular than football.

The championship round...finals... whatever ya prefer.  Full disclosure, college wrestling is boring as hell. 

17 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

That is awesome that you knew that stat off the top of your head and remembered it just so you could use it on here.  Or did you look it up in the 14 minutes it took you to reply? Stop it already with the "my man" comments like we are your buds. 

You don't like when people grab relevant info? Sorry my man. Would you prefer if I posted "I bet college wresting gets more viewers than hockey does"? You aren't my buddy... but you can bet I'll make an effort to refer to you as my man moving forward.