SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

imo an fcs football championship is probably the easiest "title" to win...especially in the current state of fcs football (all the big dogs took their balls and went fbs)....

Based on what? What defines it to be easy? A program like Montana dominated for many years and is in a huge slump. Why?

Only one team can win a championship and it takes a lot of things coming together at the right time. To say it is the easiest is just you trying to win an argument by using the weak argument that it is your opinion.

I said that on day one when this draft discussion first came up. You guys were the ones talking about Wentz. I don't think this injury will hurt his prospects because a wrist injury is nothing compared to a knee etc. sorry I should have waited for the end of the bison season and not his. My bad

I don't think an ankle or wrist injury is any concern to him...yes he is a pro prospect but his also 6'5" 230 with a history of concussions...he will get hit and hit harder than any wimpy strong safety from western Illinois could ever dream of hitting him at the next level...

Great excuse.  Yes because Robert Morris is clearly fighting for a spot in the playoffs yearly but teams like New Hampshire, Eastern Washington, Sam Houston, etc. aren't.  Nice you name the bottom feeders.  So because you are playing big name schools makes it harder?  No

not their names but their BUDGETS

Minny's stick budget is proably close to woffords whole football budget...

when those schools are let's see....minnesota, notre dame, boston college, Michigan, yale, or Denver versus Wofford, coastal Carolina, Robert morris, Richmond, or northern iowa I would say yes.

Like SCSU, Bemidji St, UMD, Michigan Tech, Quinipiac, and on and on and on. LMAO.

Great excuse.  Yes because Robert Morris is clearly fighting for a spot in the playoffs yearly but teams like New Hampshire, Eastern Washington, Sam Houston, etc. aren't.  Nice you name the bottom feeders.  So because you are playing big name schools makes it harder?  No

pretty sure most of those bottom feeders somehow made the playoffs and played the ndac in the dome during their historic run????

Edited by SIOUXFAN97

there are bottom feeders performing well in both leagues so I don't get what point you are making.

I don't think an ankle or wrist injury is any concern to him...yes he is a pro prospect but his also 6'5" 230 with a history of concussions...he will get hit and hit harder than any wimpy strong safety from western Illinois could ever dream of hitting him at the next level...

Concussions? Where the hell this come from? I believe he may have had one in high school.

when those schools are let's see....minnesota, notre dame, boston college, Michigan, yale, or Denver versus Wofford, coastal Carolina, Robert morris, Richmond, or northern iowa I would say yes.

it's incredibly hard to compete against Union. I feel for ya. Lake Superior State, big time.

Too excited no, scared sh$tless very doubtful. The point was in 2011-14 NDSU was so good they didn't have road playoff games but when you do have a road game you aren't as good and as I pointed out as an example your record in D1 road playoff games are 1-1. And comparing a road playoff game against top competition in the FCS to a road game in the MVFC which includes teams at the bottom is rediculous

You are talking about a team that has lost a total of 2 road games in the last 5 years, including multiple games against FBS teams and ranked FCS teams.

• Upvote 2

Ok Bison fans.  We get it.  College football is better, more attended, talked about nationally, harder to win a championship, etc etc. than college hockey.  We all know that you could care less about college hockey.  And that's fine.  But always riping on it and bringing it down.  For what purpose?  To make yourself and your almighty Bison football program seem more significant.  it is significant on its own.  If you don't like college hockey, that's fine.  But to come on a schools fan board that does sponsor hockey and then rip on it in a football thread?  That's pretty lame.  End rant.  

• Upvote 3

Ok Bison fans.  We get it.  College football is better, more attended, talked about nationally, harder to win a championship, etc etc. than college hockey.  We all know that you could care less about college hockey.  And that's fine.  But always riping on it and bringing it down.  For what purpose?  To make yourself and your almighty Bison football program seem more significant.  it is significant on its own.  If you don't like college hockey, that's fine.  But to come on a schools fan board that does sponsor hockey and then rip on it in a football thread?  That's pretty lame.  End rant.  

No one is ripping on Hockey or bringing it down. Bison fans are merely responding to incessant "but hockey" arguments from Sioux fans with cold, hard facts.

Ok Bison fans.  We get it.  College FCS football is better, more attended, talked about nationally, harder to win a championship, etc etc. than college hockey.  We all know that you could care less about college hockey.  And that's fine.  But always riping on it and bringing it down.  For what purpose?  To make yourself and your almighty Bison football program seem more significant.  it is significant on its own.  If you don't like college hockey, that's fine.  But to come on a schools fan board that does sponsor hockey and then rip on it in a football thread?  That's pretty lame.  End rant.  

fixed it for ya