SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

10 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I’m talking easier in the sense of the relationship that AD’s already have with conference mates. 

I’ll fully admit I have no knowledge of how these games get scheduled, but it has to be an easier conversation to start when you are calling someone that you’ve known for years personally and are on conference calls and go to conference meetings with every year.

Very possible and you would assume that the schools look at each other as peers rather than down their nose like they aren't worthy of a home/home. I guess the good news is the MVFC will go from having 1 extra team to 2, so maybe that will help out. But again, it still only accounts for 1 game in that whole list.

17 hours ago, TX Bison said:

Why on earth would we drag our fans to GF if we don't get anything in return?  (Except 400 rushing yards and reps for the 2's and 3's.)

I'll keep asking the question - in who's interest should NDSU act?  

Its own, of course.

11 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Very possible and you would assume that the schools look at each other as peers rather than down their nose like they aren't worthy of a home/home. I guess the good news is the MVFC will go from having 1 extra team to 2, so maybe that will help out. But again, it still only accounts for 1 game in that whole list.

What year did the great west teams join the Big Sky? Seems they must have known it was coming since they had so much play back and forth between the two leagues in 2009 and 2010.

NAU v. EWU also fits the criteria

Also, I believe App state was transitioning by then, so technically is an FBS away game for Montana. Edit: 2012 they were still FCS, I’m not sure what they were in 2013 since they were awful it’s hard to tell if they were eligible for playoffs that year or if they had already increased scholarships.

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Petey, that's actually a very good point to bring up in this conversation. And may I add, we are not complaining how tough it is to schedule MH OOC teams. Here's the tickler tough, going to the next level to complain about it on a rival message board. 

But we also normally schedule 60-80% of our non conference games at home for hockey which is just smart business and if NDSU can schedule 3 or their 4 or 2 of their 3 non conference games at home or if it is a 2 and 2 they try and make one a FBS team and get a check then I can't fault them for that. 

43 minutes ago, TX Bison said:

I think the Fighting Sioux went the way of the UND wrestling, tennis, golf, etc teams.  

If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with - P'Hawkers, 2017

Hey now...we still have golf, and tennis. For now.

On 10/11/2017 at 3:43 PM, TX Bison said:

The Nickel, sure.  That stings.  I would fight my mother to get that back but leave fake sports out of it!

That Nickle needs to go on display somewhere. Too bad  it's come to what it has.

Two days ago there were posts on this thread speculating that LakesBison on SiouxSports = El_Chapo on Bisonville. Agree?

Two days later there's a post on here speculating that TX Bison on SiouxSports = BoerneBison on Bisonville.  You agree?

Talked with you last couple days over there. Remember you telling me "You're right". Texas  .... No fake sports over here. 

Tickle of schadenfreude every once in a while!  Have a great day, again. 

On 10/11/2017 at 3:38 PM, 77iceman said:

Whenever someone starts arguing UND and NDSU football, why does some UND fan always start talking about hockey trophies?

Here is the answer to your question:

On 10/11/2017 at 3:43 PM, TX Bison said:

The Nickel, sure.  That stings.  I would fight my mother to get that back but leave fake sports out of it!

As long as FU fans keep spewing garbage like that, I will continue throwing D-I hockey in their faces. They could establish their own program and eventually have success with it, but they are too afraid of us. #thetruthhurts #inconvenienttruths

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Here is the answer to your question:

As long as FU fans keep spewing garbage like that, I will continue throwing D-I hockey in their faces. They could establish their own program and eventually have success with it, but they are too afraid of us. #thetruthhurts #inconvenienttruths

Lol what would you say if some NDSU or Minnesota dude brought up wrestling titles?

Same concept. 

9 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Lol what would you say if some NDSU or Minnesota dude brought up wrestling titles?

Same concept. 

How many people even follow college wrestling?

And I was responding to the comment referring to hockey as a "fake sport". It is not and I think you know that.

Next question.

9 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

How many people even follow college wrestling?

And I was responding to the comment referring to hockey as a "fake sport". It is not and I think you know that.

Next question.

750,000 people watched the championship round on ESPN.... or 300,000 more than watched DU win their championship in hockey last season.

Niche sports my man.  

I'm guessing his "fake" comment refers to the perception of non-football/basketball sports at most schools take a backseat. But you already knew that.