SiouxSports.com Forum
geaux_sioux

Non-UND FCS Thread

16 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Maybe this answers your question on why is everyone so eager to see NDSU outside the dome. Because they only go outside when its an FBS game. No NDSU at James Madison? No NDSU at Sam Houston State? No NDSU at UND, oh wait that one is coming in 2020 (no getting around that one). 

The answer is NDSU has lost more often at home than on the road over the last 6 years.

3 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

The answer is NDSU has lost more often at home than on the road over the last 6 years.

NDSU has played 4 OOC road games against FCS opponents since joining the MVFC in 2008. FOUR! Sam Houston State, Weber St, Montana, EWU. UND has had 4 since 2012. Missouri State, NDSU, Stony Brook, USD. Bison06 wanted to know why everyone wants to see NDSU outside the dome, the answer to see something rare in their program. Remember their motto is anyone, anywhere. I would question on the anywhere. And to answer your question to me I did mean i want to know if they are that good this year. Playing 4 whimps and EWU doesn't say a hell of a lot. Maybe the lack of the FBS game strengthens that question mark.  NDSU at Youngstown, NDSU at SDSU, NDSU vs USD may have the Bison with 3 losses and out of the top 10. Guess time will tell.

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

NDSU has played 4 OOC road games against FCS opponents since joining the MVFC in 2008. FOUR! Sam Houston State, Weber St, Montana, EWU. UND has had 4 since 2012. Missouri State, NDSU, Stony Brook, USD. Bison06 wanted to know why everyone wants to see NDSU outside the dome, the answer to see something rare in their program. Remember their motto is anyone, anywhere. I would question on the anywhere. And to answer your question to me I did mean i want to know if they are that good this year. Playing 4 whimps and EWU doesn't say a hell of a lot. Maybe the lack of the FBS game strengthens that question mark.  NDSU at Youngstown, NDSU at SDSU, NDSU vs USD may have the Bison with 3 losses and out of the top 10. Guess time will tell.

I think Youngstown is overrated this year, we’ll see this weekend, but I think their defense is suspect after losing two draft picks on the DL. I think they’ll miss the playoffs. We’ll see on the other two.

5 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I think Youngstown is overrated this year, we’ll see this weekend, but I think their defense is suspect after losing two draft picks on the DL. I think they’ll miss the playoffs. We’ll see on the other two.

I think you are spot on about YSU. I do get a kick watching Peleni have temper tantrums though!

USD- Stop Streveler and you stop USD. I know this seems simple but he is their everything.

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Darell1976 is talking about THIS YEAR, not the last 6 years. The point is that (minus EWU) they have been beating up on glorified high school teams and thus haven't proven anything yet. By the end of the regular season, we'll know what they are or aren't THIS SEASON.

They are a top 4 team as they have been for 6 years now.

3 minutes ago, petey23 said:

They are a top 4 team as they have been for 6 years now.

You can bet if UND had this cupcake schedule and was unbeaten, the FU trolls would be on here yapping about it 24/7/365. So it is legitimate to point out. Obviously, we'll find out what happens the rest of the way.

18 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

You can bet if UND had this cupcake schedule and was unbeaten, the FU trolls would be on here yapping about it 24/7/365. So it is legitimate to point out. Obviously, we'll find out what happens the rest of the way.

If UND had blown out EWU on the road the way NDSU did, you wouldn’t hear a word from educated FCS fans.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Your conference is the cup cake schedule for you guys.

• Downvote 3

16 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

If UND had blown out EWU on the road the way NDSU did, you wouldn’t hear a word from educated FCS fans.

I didn't say FCS fans....I said NDSU fans. Not the same thing.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Maybe this answers your question on why is everyone so eager to see NDSU outside the dome. Because they only go outside when its an FBS game. No NDSU at James Madison? No NDSU at Sam Houston State? No NDSU at UND, oh wait that one is coming in 2020 (no getting around that one). 

Oh, I don't know, they could decide to forfeit! :p

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I didn't say FCS fans....I said NDSU fans. Not the same thing.

My answer would be exactly the same. Sure you’d get some uneducated clowns saying you beat up on cupcakes(see above conversation for exhibit A) but anyone who knows anything about football at this level would know that you don’t demolish EWU at home if you aren’t the real deal.

9 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Oh, I don't know, they could decide to forfeit! :p

Or maybe they tell Patty fix the schedule so we don’t play each other except in Fargo.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Or maybe they tell Patty fix the schedule so we don’t play each other except in Fargo.

You two are on fire today!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

4 hours ago, darell1976 said:

What is the importance of the OOC FCS schedule? Why dont you include ALL of our road games including FBS? Arent FBS games supposed to be more difficult? But I guess that doesnt fit the narrative you are trying to establish. 

4 minutes ago, bison73 said:

What is the importance of the OOC FCS schedule? Why dont you include ALL of our road games including FBS? Arent FBS games supposed to be more difficult? But I guess that doesnt fit the narrative you are trying to establish. 

I don't care what point he is trying to make by excluding the FBS games.  However, to only play 4 road games against FCS opponents in 9 is pretty astounding.

Trying to take an objective view of the Bison non-conference scheduling, it seems that they have it figured out...

FBS/Power 5 teams don't schedule them after NDSU won the last 5 FBS games they played. Why pay someone $500k +- to have them come in and hurt your record/ranking?

they have scheduled home and home with a couple of the better FCS schools (Montana, EWU)

they can still sell out their almost 19,000+ seat FargDome playing cupcakes and pay them very little, making home cupcake games profitable for the program

they get more home games and the gate receipts that go with them

they can pad their OOC record against those cupcakes

whether we like it or not, they instill a culture of winning

and, despite what some on here continue to post, they are a damn good football team year after year. I realize I am not walking to the beat of the SS.com drummer, but the reality of NDSU's FCS record is very good

• Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, zonadub said:

Trying to take an objective view of the Bison non-conference scheduling, it seems that they have it figured out...

FBS/Power 5 teams don't schedule them after NDSU won the last 5 FBS games they played. Why pay someone $500k +- to have them come in and hurt your record/ranking?

they have scheduled home and home with a couple of the better FCS schools (Montana, EWU)

they can still sell out their almost 19,000+ seat FargDome playing cupcakes and pay them very little, making home cupcake games profitable for the program

and, despite what some on here continue to post, they are a damn good football team year after year. I realize I am not walking to the beat of the SS.com drummer, but the reality of NDSU's FCS record is very good

There are only a couple posters on here who will try to say NDSU is not a good team. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, zonadub said:

This is spot-on.  Why in the hell would a team travel if they could stay home (next year we have 7 home games!) unless there was a significant $$ involved?  There are Simple Jacks on bisonville as well so I hope "you people" don't feel too bad about yourselves.  Focus on your own juggernaut of a schedule.  

22 minutes ago, southpaw said:

I don't care what point he is trying to make by excluding the FBS games.  However, to only play 4 road games against FCS opponents in 9 is pretty astounding.

20 minutes ago, zonadub said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This!

Plus--We do have a scheduling philosophy of having 6 home games Plus 1 FBS if possible.

The FBS game has been difficult as of late but have Colorado, Oregon and Arizona coming up.

You were on point about trying to get teams to schedule us. Extremely difficult.

29 minutes ago, southpaw said:

I think he it trying to make a point on OOC games what ever that may be?????? :silly: because we do go on the road for valley play.

17 minutes ago, zonadub said:

And despite what they have accomplished over the past 6 years, it doesn't change the fact that four out of their first five games were against teams that would struggle to beat the top teams in the NSIC. If they want to continue to b!tch and moan about how soft our schedule is, then they should expect the same treatment from us. I don't go on Bisonville and make comments like that, but if they want to come here and do that, then they should expect some backlash. And that is what they will get from me.

There is a sense from their fan base that nobody will come within three touchdowns of them from now to Frisco. Obviously, that notion will be tested as they move into the meat of the MVFC schedule. If they can run the table in the regular season, the quality of their first five teams won't matter to me or anyone else. But to say it is wrong to point out the softness of their schedule so far is pure hogwash. It is a legitimate point and legitimate topic of conversation. And if it was UND with NDSU's schedule, I would say the same thing.

It is almost like there is some unwritten rule that UND fans are not supposed to talk about certain things with regard to NDSU and that is pure horse@%^&. I'll bring up whatever I want with them. This is a rivalry and that is how rivalries work. I would rather walk barefoot on hot, molten glass than cheerlead for them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2