SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

11 hours ago, darell1976 said:

So the Bison are 5-0. Only 1 out of the 5 opponents have a winning record (EWU) the rest have a combined 4 wins total. So when I see comments on FB from Moo U fans saying move up this is too easy, have they seen who they have played? They now have one opponent left with a losing record (UNI). So maybe with the tougher opponents we can all see if NDSU is just that good, esepecially away from the Fargodome.

To be fair, they pretty much whooped what some folks think is a good EWU team just as badly as they did the rest of the chumps they have played thus far.  

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Darell1976 is talking about THIS YEAR, not the last 6 years. The point is that (minus EWU) they have been beating up on glorified high school teams and thus haven't proven anything yet. By the end of the regular season, we'll know what they are or aren't THIS SEASON.

Thank you. Obviously Petey is still hungover from the UND win at Anchorage to comprehend so early in the morning. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

OOC FCS teams on the road, during the regular season, when venus was in the 3rd house and the opposing qb was left handed and there is a democratic president and my friend steve is wearing his lucky underwear? How many qualifiers do you need before you are satisfied?

The answer is they are 2-1 in OOC regular reason FCS road games. All against Big Sky opponents.

Weber, Montana, Eastern Washington. Unless I missed one.

Maybe this answers your question on why is everyone so eager to see NDSU outside the dome. Because they only go outside when its an FBS game. No NDSU at James Madison? No NDSU at Sam Houston State? No NDSU at UND, oh wait that one is coming in 2020 (no getting around that one). 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Maybe this answers your question on why is everyone so eager to see NDSU outside the dome. Because they only go outside when its an FBS game. No NDSU at James Madison? No NDSU at Sam Houston State? No NDSU at UND, oh wait that one is coming in 2020 (no getting around that one). 

You keep imposing unrealistic expectations on NDSU. Two points:

1. Scheduling isn’t easy and you can’t just pick the teams you want. The other team has to want to schedule the games as well.

2. NDSU plays in the most difficult conference in FCS, my gosh look at the murderer’s row they have the next 5 weeks. They have to be realistic and pragmatic about scheduling when the ultimate goal is a national championship.

Some people wouldn’t be convinced NDSU is playing good teams unless they played JMU followed by SHSU followed by Jacksonville State in their OOC schedule, that’s just not realistic. 

UND has followed a similar scheduling philosophy as of late, nothing wrong with laying out a schedule that is designed to help a team be ready to peak when it really matters, playoffs.

16 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

The answer is NDSU has lost more often at home than on the road over the last 6 years.

3 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

The answer is NDSU has lost more often at home than on the road over the last 6 years.

NDSU has played 4 OOC road games against FCS opponents since joining the MVFC in 2008. FOUR! Sam Houston State, Weber St, Montana, EWU. UND has had 4 since 2012. Missouri State, NDSU, Stony Brook, USD. Bison06 wanted to know why everyone wants to see NDSU outside the dome, the answer to see something rare in their program. Remember their motto is anyone, anywhere. I would question on the anywhere. And to answer your question to me I did mean i want to know if they are that good this year. Playing 4 whimps and EWU doesn't say a hell of a lot. Maybe the lack of the FBS game strengthens that question mark.  NDSU at Youngstown, NDSU at SDSU, NDSU vs USD may have the Bison with 3 losses and out of the top 10. Guess time will tell.

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

NDSU has played 4 OOC road games against FCS opponents since joining the MVFC in 2008. FOUR! Sam Houston State, Weber St, Montana, EWU. UND has had 4 since 2012. Missouri State, NDSU, Stony Brook, USD. Bison06 wanted to know why everyone wants to see NDSU outside the dome, the answer to see something rare in their program. Remember their motto is anyone, anywhere. I would question on the anywhere. And to answer your question to me I did mean i want to know if they are that good this year. Playing 4 whimps and EWU doesn't say a hell of a lot. Maybe the lack of the FBS game strengthens that question mark.  NDSU at Youngstown, NDSU at SDSU, NDSU vs USD may have the Bison with 3 losses and out of the top 10. Guess time will tell.

I think Youngstown is overrated this year, we’ll see this weekend, but I think their defense is suspect after losing two draft picks on the DL. I think they’ll miss the playoffs. We’ll see on the other two.

5 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I think Youngstown is overrated this year, we’ll see this weekend, but I think their defense is suspect after losing two draft picks on the DL. I think they’ll miss the playoffs. We’ll see on the other two.

I think you are spot on about YSU. I do get a kick watching Peleni have temper tantrums though!

USD- Stop Streveler and you stop USD. I know this seems simple but he is their everything.

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Darell1976 is talking about THIS YEAR, not the last 6 years. The point is that (minus EWU) they have been beating up on glorified high school teams and thus haven't proven anything yet. By the end of the regular season, we'll know what they are or aren't THIS SEASON.

They are a top 4 team as they have been for 6 years now.

18 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

You can bet if UND had this cupcake schedule and was unbeaten, the FU trolls would be on here yapping about it 24/7/365. So it is legitimate to point out. Obviously, we'll find out what happens the rest of the way.

If UND had blown out EWU on the road the way NDSU did, you wouldn’t hear a word from educated FCS fans.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

You can bet if UND had this cupcake schedule and was unbeaten, the FU trolls would be on here yapping about it 24/7/365. So it is legitimate to point out. Obviously, we'll find out what happens the rest of the way.

Your conference is the cup cake schedule for you guys.

• Downvote 3

2 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Oh, I don't know, they could decide to forfeit! :p

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I didn't say FCS fans....I said NDSU fans. Not the same thing.

My answer would be exactly the same. Sure you’d get some uneducated clowns saying you beat up on cupcakes(see above conversation for exhibit A) but anyone who knows anything about football at this level would know that you don’t demolish EWU at home if you aren’t the real deal.

4 hours ago, darell1976 said:

What is the importance of the OOC FCS schedule? Why dont you include ALL of our road games including FBS? Arent FBS games supposed to be more difficult? But I guess that doesnt fit the narrative you are trying to establish. 

4 minutes ago, bison73 said:

What is the importance of the OOC FCS schedule? Why dont you include ALL of our road games including FBS? Arent FBS games supposed to be more difficult? But I guess that doesnt fit the narrative you are trying to establish. 

I don't care what point he is trying to make by excluding the FBS games.  However, to only play 4 road games against FCS opponents in 9 is pretty astounding.