SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

1 hour ago, homer said:

USD pouring it on Western Illinois.  Up 31-6 with 9 minutes left in the 3rd.  

Streveler will run away with FCS player of the year if he stays healthy.   He is so good. 

Uh oh.....USD only up 38-27 with 7 minutes left in the 4th. 

27 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Whatever WIU did for the last quarter and a half against USD may just have shown a blueprint to beating USD. USD’s offense screeched to a halt and they gave up nearly 450 yards passing. Lucky to get out of there with a win.

Must have gifted weatern a bunch of INTs?  I hear they did that to UND last year.

Blue print of winning?.....undefeated #16 western was at home and couldn't get it done .....I see no blue print. Does ndsu need to throw for 450 yards to beat USD? 

Just now, Longtime fan said:

Must have gifted weatern a bunch of INTs?  I hear they did that to UND last year.

Blue print of winning?.....undefeated #16 western was at home and couldn't get it done .....I see no blue print. Does ndsu need to throw for 450 yards to beat USD? 

Did you watch the game? USD was completely shut down for 25 minutes, they got one first down and gave up 28 unanswered points. They were dominated, for almost two full quarters. 

You call that whatever you want, I call that finding a weakness and exploiting it aka a blueprint.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bison06 said:

Did you watch the game? USD was completely shut down for 25 minutes, they got one first down and gave up 28 unanswered points. They were dominated, for almost two full quarters. 

You call that whatever you want, I call that finding a weakness and exploiting it aka a blueprint.

Good luck with your blue print 

Just now, Longtime fan said:

Good luck with your blue print 

I realize you’d like to make your loss to USD be to the eventual MVFC champion so it makes UND’s embarrassing loss look better, but elite teams don’t give up 28 unanswered points.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Sioux94 said:

Our loss to USD doesn't look quite as bad know, but our follow up loss to MSU kind of cemented our perception this year, which unfortunately is also reality.  Will be interesting to see how the USD verses SDSU and NDSU turns out.  Hoping Streveler stays healthy the rest of the year and knocks them both off. 

Wrong... It still looks bad.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

14 hours ago, Bison06 said:

I realize you’d like to make your loss to USD be to the eventual MVFC champion so it makes UND’s embarrassing loss look better, but elite teams don’t give up 28 unanswered points.

It's a good thing USD ONLY gave up 27 consecutive points ;)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bison06 said:

UNDs loss was embarrassing no matter how USD does the rest of the way.  

USD got up big yesterday and went to the UND offense run, run, pass, punt.  

I'd say giving up 27 unanswered on the road vs a top 20 team and still winning, they must be doing something.  

16 hours ago, Bison06 said:

That loss to USD is the least of our worries at this point.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Bison06 said:

Yeah when a team gets up by 31 points and is blowing a team out.....that team kicking their butt never lets up, starts slacking a little, maybe loses a little focus....plays a little softer on defense etc., yeah that never happens.   Can opponents take a way some things on USD from that, yeah probably.  But if they had to reset the score at 0-0 at the beginning of the 3rd quarter I hardly doubt Western comes out and completely blows out USD even with their revised game plan and adjustments.

That said I do agree with the earlier comment you made about pumping the breaks a little on USD.  Would be ridiculous to crown them the MVFC champs at this point, but they do seem like the real deal this year. 

5 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Yeah when a team gets up by 31 points and is blowing a team out.....that team kicking their butt never lets up, starts slacking a little, maybe loses a little focus....plays a little softer on defense etc., yeah that never happens.   Can opponents take a way some things on USD from that, yeah probably.  But if they had to reset the score at 0-0 at the beginning of the 3rd quarter I hardly doubt Western comes out and completely blows out USD even with their revised game plan and adjustments.

That said I do agree with the earlier comment you made about pumping the breaks a little on USD.  Would be ridiculous to crown them the MVFC champs at this point, but they do seem like the real deal this year. 

Of course that happens, but there is a massive chasm between letting off the gas and giving up a touchdown or two and what happened yesterday.  USD couldn’t move the ball at all and their defense was exposed. They gave up 27 unanswered points and had roughly 35 yards of total offense for a quarter and a half, that’s more than letting off the gas a bit if you ask me. Maybe I’m wrong, good news is it’ll all play itself out.

4 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Of course that happens, but there is a massive chasm between letting off the gas and giving up a touchdown or two and what happened yesterday.  USD couldn’t move the ball at all and their defense was exposed. They gave up 27 unanswered points and had roughly 35 yards of total offense for a quarter and a half, that’s more than letting off the gas a bit if you ask me. Maybe I’m wrong, good news is it’ll all play itself out.

Yes, we will get to see how it all plays out.  Your blue print scenario make it sound like now that teams know this, USD won't even be able to move the ball going forward, and get lit up on defense and be lucky to not get beat by more than 20 points.  I think there is a big chasm between this new revelation of what other teams may have learned about how to play them, and what will actually happen going forward.  I think their defense though may have gotten exposed some though.

9 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Yes, we will get to see how it all plays out.  Your blue print scenario make it sound like now that teams know this, USD won't even be able to move the ball going forward, and get lit up on defense and be lucky to not get beat by more than 20 points.  I think there is a big chasm between this new revelation of what other teams may have learned about how to play them, and what will actually happen going forward.  I think their defense though may have gotten exposed some though.

I can’t help but wonder if you’d see it through a different lense if USD being an elite team this year didn’t in the smallest way give your loss to them a little positive spin.

I do the same with my team’s losses, you end up cheering for the team that beat you a bit because it makes your loss look better. eg, would’ve been bummed if JMU didn’t win it all last year as it would have made our loss lllk worse

6 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I can’t help but wonder if you’d see it through a different lense if USD being an elite team this year didn’t in the smallest way give your loss to them a little positive spin.

I do the same with my team’s losses, you end up cheering for the team that beat you a bit because it makes your loss look better. eg, would’ve been bummed if JMU didn’t win it all last year as it would have made our loss lllk worse

Of all the Dakota teams so far, USD has looked the most impressive and has the best resume.  

8 minutes ago, homer said:

Of all the Dakota teams so far, USD has looked the most impressive and has the best resume.  

Agreed, but some of that is opportunity to look good too. NDSU’s schedule hasn’t been conducive to give any impressive performances yet.