SiouxSports.com Forum

Loading Threads

snova4

Maybe this is new to me, or maybe I'm just incapable of figuring this out, but the forum seems to have been recently updated for me, not sure if this was done on the Sioux Sports side, or if my device just finally figured it out. Anyway, before the update I could click on a thread and it would take me directly to where I had last seen it, now, I either have to start at the beginning or at the very end. Each of which proves to be frustrating because if I wait a few days there may be pages of comments I haven't seen and it takes a frustratingly long time to get back to where I left off. Sadly, this has caused me to spend less time on here. Does anyone have a fix for this? I'd like to straighten it out before the season starts and the comments and discussion really ramp up. 

• 5 months later...

I'm having this issue again. Used to follow across all devices, but the board isn't going to the first non-read post for me anymore on any of them. IPad, iPhone, PC, doesn't seem to matter. Have tried logging out and in again, but that didn't help. 

On January 30, 2016 at 4:24 PM, choyt3 said:

I'm having this issue again. Used to follow across all devices, but the board isn't going to the first non-read post for me anymore on any of them. IPad, iPhone, PC, doesn't seem to matter. Have tried logging out and in again, but that didn't help. 

It's a little confusing, but the behavior differs based on what screen you're on:

• If you're on the front forum screen (that lists hockey, football, etc...), then clicking on the title of a thread will take you to the last read post in the thread. 
  • If you're in one of the forums, so you see a list of threads, you instead have to click the little dot or star to the left of the thread (but if there are no new posts in that thread, the star or dot won't appear).

If you think it might not actually be remembering what you've read, a way to test that is clicking "unread content" in the white bar near the top and see if it lists anything.