SiouxSports.com Forum

Unable to Update Wiki

UND Fan

Jim - when I attempt to access Wiki, it asks again to Log In.  When I do so, it says it doesn't recognize my user name or password.  I tried changing my password but that didn't help.  I can access the various threads (and post) fine but have no luck in Wiki.

Thanks in advance for looking into this. 

Sorry about that, I saw your previous post but failed to reply.

Near the top of the page, there is a row of tabs. I see:

article | discussion | edit this page | old revisions

Above the tabs on the right there are some links. Among them, I see my username (jimdahl).

What do you see for tabs / username?

Also, you might want to try clearing all cookies with siouxsports.com in them and logging back into the board (if you know how, if not I may have to walk you through it, which varies by browser).

Sorry about that, I saw your previous post but failed to reply.

Near the top of the page, there is a row of tabs. I see:

article | discussion | edit this page | old revisions

Above the tabs on the right there are some links. Among them, I see my username (jimdahl).

What do you see for tabs / username?

Also, you might want to try clearing all cookies with siouxsports.com in them and logging back into the board (if you know how, if not I may have to walk you through it, which varies by browser).

Where I have always had "edit this page" as you note, I now have "show pagesource".  I have attempted to access Wiki on a desktop, three different laptops and a couple tablets.  They are all the same - no "edit this page".  I am logged in  - any suggestions? 

I will try to change my password and see if that helps.  Thanks, Jim!  *** That did not work! 

Where I have always had "edit this page" as you note, I now have "show pagesource".  I have attempted to access Wiki on a desktop, three different laptops and a couple tablets.  They are all the same - no "edit this page".  I am logged in  - any suggestions?  

I will try to change my password and see if that helps.  Thanks, Jim!  *** That did not work! 

Got it, should be fixed now. I had to reload the page a few times before I got the new one.

Sorry for the delay, I haven't touched the user permissions in there for at least 5 years so had become completely unfamiliar with it. So, when the forum upgrade changed the information that was sent over, I had to relearn it all. 

I'll admit that I've not only neglected the wiki, but hadn't actually planned to keep it alive in this round of updates until people started asking. I thought it was a decent idea, but other than an initial burst of activity the first couple years, it never really took off the way I imagined it might. But, it's easy enough to keep the lights on as long as anyone's interested.

Got it, should be fixed now. I had to reload the page a few times before I got the new one.

Sorry for the delay, I haven't touched the user permissions in there for at least 5 years so had become completely unfamiliar with it. So, when the forum upgrade changed the information that was sent over, I had to relearn it all. 

I'll admit that I've not only neglected the wiki, but hadn't actually planned to keep it alive in this round of updates until people started asking. I thought it was a decent idea, but other than an initial burst of activity the first couple years, it never really took off the way I imagined it might. But, it's easy enough to keep the lights on as long as anyone's interested.

It is working now - thanks!

I do all the updating for FB, BB & VB recruiting.  It appears a lot of folks do follow the status of the respective recruiting efforts so I think it would be good to continue to have it available.

• Upvote 2