SiouxSports.com Forum

Scheduled downtime / maintenance on Sunday night

jimdahl

I'm always surprised how much people do use non-forum pages on the site. I think I'm fooled because the rest isn't particularly interactive so I feel like that stuff is unused, but people come out in force when I try to cut something, and then I check the stats and realize how much they're read.

When I remember to use it, its good stuff and enjoy having everything UND Sports related in one place (probably the only place on the web?)

But I usually just find out about any of the "real newsworthy" stuff on the board that someone posted info about. Likes todays announcement of hosting the NCAA regional again in Fargo.

Am I the only one that finds it hard to delete a "wrong quote"?

This software has a good "memory" of what you want to quote, but sometimes I click the wrong one and it keeps poping up. No biggie, until I try and delete it out of the reply area, the page/paragraph line "break" seems almost impossible to delete sometimes.

Am I the only one that finds it hard to delete a "wrong quote"?

This software has a good "memory" of what you want to quote, but sometimes I click the wrong one and it keeps poping up. No biggie, until I try and delete it out of the reply area, the page/paragraph line "break" seems almost impossible to delete sometimes.

You're right, it's definitely a little difficult in certain browsers. Clicking the "source" button in the upper left to get to the actual HTML always work if you're comfortable working in the HTML, but if you mess up things can go horribly wrong.

The creator of the software seems aware, and they intend to make additional editor improvements in the next version:

https://community.invisionpower.com/blogs/entry/9739-ips-community-suite-41-editor-update/

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Right. The site used to automatically find stories from blogs but let users submit individual news articles (two separate pages/feeds). But users weren't submitting much news, and the line between blogs and news was becoming blurry.

So, going forward, blogs and news will be on the same page and the site will try to automatically find both, so there should be no need for users to submit individual articles.

Are getting closer to this happening? 

Are getting closer to this happening? 

I'm still trying to decide whether there should be any coordination between redesign and nickname change. Of course I'm also just really bad at releasing new stuff (that's what you get for free); but running the new one in parallel with this for the last few months has helped me improve the new one a lot. So, it'll happen when it happens :wink:

I'm still trying to decide whether there should be any coordination between redesign and nickname change.

Sometimes I search my owner (or others) content under their username. I know on the old software when you clicked the headline or post it took you directly to that certain post within the thread.

Does this software not have that or am I not finding it? It just seems to take me to the beginning of the thread and I have to search the entire thread for it. 

Sometimes I search my owner (or others) content under their username. I know on the old software when you clicked the headline or post it took you directly to that certain post within the thread.

Does this software not have that or am I not finding it? It just seems to take me to the beginning of the thread and I have to search the entire thread for it. 

When you look at the user's feed and it says something like "Cratter has a post in the topic Scheduled downtime/maintenance", there are actually two links. "post in a topic" is a link directly to your post, "Scheduled downtime/maintenance" is a link to the front of the thread.

When you look at the user's feed and it says something like "Cratter has a post in the topic Scheduled downtime/maintenance", there are actually two links. "post in a topic" is a link directly to your post, "Scheduled downtime/maintenance" is a link to the front of the thread.

Amazing. :D

And this whole time I thought it was one giant link.