SiouxSports.com Forum

For what it's worth

Fetch

Wow, looked like a packed house in the picture...must have been at least 15 people there. :(

Yea that article really exposes the loud minority! There's all the hurt people from the Sioux nickname, but the majority doesn't get heard from the tribes, unfortunate.

But Jackal doesn't like the guy who helps show all the support for the PC bs...ha-ha

JT is hammering Kelly on 1310 about this. Said "Kelly's plan from the beginning was to hear from one side of the nickname issue"

Does anyone know if he has his shows on iTunes or is podcasted?

• 1 month later...

I'd  still like another round of new name options - I don't know by whom ? But just not Kelly 

It just doesn't seem right & Kelly isn't trusted or respected by so many

It is a very important thing - Is it the best that can be done ?

How about one round from current & past athletes  ?

I'd  still like another round of new name options - I don't know by whom ? But just not Kelly 

It just doesn't seem right & Kelly isn't trusted or respected by so many

It is a very important thing - Is it the best that can be done ?

How about one round from current & past athletes  ?

I didn't know Kelley was on the nickname committee? Did he dress up like Karl Goering?

• Upvote 3

What If Kelly told Fashion to meet with all coaches & have a poll of athletes & coaches what name they like - just a show of hands - it doesn't have to be expensive have a white board & write names & get a count - it would be cool to know if any names were missed or overlooked that Kelly could add - if it were me I'd try to do the same with past athletes - it could be done in a few days or a week - then have Law school take it on as a project as to what can & won't work

What if Kelley selected a group of people who took this job seriously and that included a variety of perspectives, professions and beliefs about the names.  Then that group was put in charge of narrowing down the list of names.  I personally think that would be the best way of getting names narrowed down.

• Upvote 3

What if Kelley selected a group of people who took this job seriously and that included a variety of perspectives, professions and beliefs about the names.  Then that group was put in charge of narrowing down the list of names.  I personally think that would be the best way of getting names narrowed down.

I see what you did there

• Upvote 1