SiouxSports.com Forum

Battle of the Popular (Vote!)

Cratter

The Shootout (Vote!)  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins the Popularity Contest?

• RoughRiders
    • No Nickname

Curious what you mean by "knowing what their majors are"?

Idowu (football) is Chemical Engineering, Moser (Volleyball) is in Accounting, Friesz (voted to keep no nickname) is in Health Sciences, and Bahl is in Entrepreneurship/Marketing.  Bunch of liberal arts students...... ;)

Edited by UNDBIZ

haha, I was kind of joking...some of you are intense...enjoy the remainder of your summer.

It was intended to be a lighter sarcasm, winky face now added.  I'm guessing you were accounting as well, sCPA?

Edited by UNDBIZ

Idowu (football) is Chemical Engineering, Moser (Volleyball) is in Accounting, Friesz (voted to keep no nickname) is in Health Sciences, and Bahl is in Entrepreneurship/Marketing.  Bunch of liberal arts students...... 

You have a completely different definition of liberal arts than I do.

Now thats a majority! Funny how so many think this is a huge response, well..….except some on SS.com. Nice work students, take a bow! The true stake holders have spoken!

Just so everyone knows my stance on this, if ND was on the ballot and RR won the vote, I would be happy for the UND and my favorite hockey team! Realistically though, if ND is on the ballot it will win in a landslide, IMO....Go Sioux!

There's the conundrum: If there is a even just modicum of truth in what Goon was told, sure, "no nickname" may win, but your closing quip may have us losing in the end with the NCAA. (Your closing shows what the "no nickname" point of view is really thinking.)

I personally don't want to see even the possibility of another bout with the NCAA. I'm pushing 30 years watching this quagmire (starting with a donation to refurbish parts of the old REA in the late 1980s) and it needs to reach a conclusion. 

• Upvote 1

Don't  u think "The Sioux were Silenced " folks deserve a chance ?

I don't  think the ncaa would want to put us on sanctions  & risk this going to court

If some sizable donors who want to see a fair & complete court battle were to step up & make it happen - I think good lawyers could make a case that the ncaa was not fair to the Sioux or UND the last time this almost went to court.

To many PC & paranoid  people who were worried about D1 affiliation for UND in other sports at the time just wanted it over. & too much trust in the State to try & win a case against the ncaa was a mistake & the State Board of higher ed was a mess - but seriously who would of expected  less (or more) ?

As long as this is the case real Sioux Forever  Fans will never be able to move on

If this happened & we lost & Kelly would be long gone - then try again to get a knew nickname

Right now this attempt was not done well & too many still feel cheated

No nickname  will win by a huge margin if it does & the ncaa leaves us alone we have already had 3 yrs to get used to it & could live with this

But if we're forced to have a new nickname that sucks like I keep saying it could get real ugly & stay a real sore spot for a long time

Edited by Fetch
  • Upvote 1

Just so everyone knows my stance on this, if ND was on the ballot and RR won the vote, I would be happy for the UND and my favorite hockey team! Realistically though, if ND is on the ballot it will win in a landslide, IMO....Go Sioux!

There's the conundrum: If there is a even just modicum of truth in what Goon was told, sure, "no nickname" may win, but your closing quip may have us losing in the end with the NCAA. (Your closing shows what the "no nickname" point of view is really thinking.)

I personally don't want to see even the possibility of another bout with the NCAA. I'm pushing 30 years watching this quagmire (starting with a donation to refurbish parts of the old REA in the late 1980s) and it needs to reach a conclusion. 

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The overwhelming majority of North Dakota/no nickname supporters are people that want to unoffiially still be the Fighting Sioux.  You can all deny it, but it's true.  And the NCAA knows this as well.  They aren't stupid.  If you think that we can slip one by them by doing this you are kidding yourself.  There are 2 options;  Pick a new nickname and be finally done with this issue or kick the can down the road and deal with this circus in the future.  

• Upvote 1

That was on purpose Sic, but I figured it was hook line and sinker for Hayduke, not you:blink:

Either way it worked....;)

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The overwhelming majority of North Dakota/no nickname supporters are people that want to unoffiially still be the Fighting Sioux.  You can all deny it, but it's true.  And the NCAA knows this as well.  They aren't stupid.  If you think that we can slip one by them by doing this you are kidding yourself.  There are 2 options;  Pick a new nickname and be finally done with this issue or kick the can down the road and deal with this circus in the future.  

Wow, the guppies are biting big time...:D

I would love to see the ncaa take on UND and tell them they must adopt a mascot. Until this happens I see no reason to disallow ND as a nickname. Let's say they do sanction us again we will at least know what the number 2 vote getter was and we can adopt that and bow down to the almighty NCAA

• Upvote 1

The "silenced" folks lost in Federal court. There's not a lot to say after that.

Just how did they lose? They didn't even get a turn! You should read their book to actually know the truth. Knowing why they chose that title (aren't they Sioux enough)  explains a lot. The title is a direct quote from the judge, because the Sioux people didn't even get a say in all of it. Some other people from California spoke for them, and didn't speak what they (the local Sioux people) felt about it. Powerful people made sure this happened. I can borrow you my copy if you want?

At least the "stay UND/North Dakota" crowd isn't hiding their true intentions anymore.    :silly:

"The Sioux Were Silenced, a group that supports the Fighting Sioux nickname, announced in a news release the rally will take place 4:30-6:30 p.m. at University Park."

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/local/3818639-protest-calling-play-undnorth-dakota-kelleys-immediate-resignation-set