SiouxSports.com Forum

Please attend

Fetch

I wish this entire cluster F could get a "do over" because the process has been screwed up from the start.  We do need to select something other than just North Dakota and move on but I don't like how it got to this point.    I also don't like Kelly having any say or power in the selection process because I feel he is a big reason we are no longer the Fighting Sioux and I don't want him involved at all in selecting a new name.  It's pretty clear he has been against popular opinion for the entire process.

Well I went & it was small but OK - Maybe more Senior Citizens than students but those I talked to were all very passionate

The young gal who led the talks did a very good job

Johnson was there said nothing

one cop - no one was tazed but the Fire trucks came because there was a gas leak across the street that u could really smell - a match or sparks could of started a hot time in the old town tonight - at 1st someone said oh yeah their going to turn the fire hoses on us :bigsmile:

It was important for Schloss to parrot the company line lest he be made a pariah and get snubbed for interviews by those he covers. He wouldn't want to lose his year-round access to the corner office in the Honorary Virg "I'm no homer" Foss press box at REA now would he?

I kid, I kid! ( ;

Shloss might be parroting Berry, but Miller absolutely parrots Faison in his opinions. Miller takes the offical Faisonesque and Kelleyesque line in things that they could actually do the writing for him and no one would know and save everybody time. Miller can't conceive of having different thoughts.

Shloss might be parroting Berry, but Miller absolutely parrots Faison in his opinions. Miller takes the offical Faisonesque and Kelleyesque line in things that they could actually do the writing for him and no one would know and save everybody time. Miller can't conceive of having different thoughts.

Well, I was kidding. Both Brad and Tom are very good friends of mine, and Virg, too .... And I beg to differ on their journalistic ethics.

I spoke to several folks - All seemed to admit we will never officially be Fighting Sioux again - All seemed to dislike all new possible nicknames - All admit like myself that we will be Sioux Forever

I do think the vast majority also still feel this way even if a new nickname is chosen

But I definitely feel if no new nick name is on the ballot it will smoke all other names - it won't even be close & that is why they will be pizzed big time if it is not on the ballot

I felt like all wanted Kelly to have nothing to do with the future of of this decision & if he does & the wishes of this vast majority is ignored the real protests will happen

Having no nickname has worked well for 3 yrs leave well enough alone

I spoke to several folks - All seemed to admit we will never officially be Fighting Sioux again - All seemed to dislike all new possible nicknames - All admit like myself that we will be Sioux Forever

I do think the vast majority also still feel this way even if a new nickname is chosen

But I definitely feel if no new nick name is on the ballot it will smoke all other names - it won't even be close & that is why they will be pizzed big time if it is not on the ballot

I felt like all wanted Kelly to have nothing to do with the future of of this decision & if he does & the wishes of this vast majority is ignored the real protests will happen

No nickname = Fighting Sioux?

If UND was something else do you think the Fighting Sioux jerseys would go away? Ask Marquette.

No nickname = Fighting Sioux?

If UND was something else do you think the Fighting Sioux jerseys would go away? Ask Marquette.

& the feelings here are as strong or stronger than anywhere this type of situation has happened before

They are messing with a sleeping giant they should not awaken

& the feelings here are as strong or stronger than anywhere this type of situation has happened before

They are messing with a sleeping giant they should not awaken

Trust me, I'm not trying to be an ass here. I just want to know if the crowd wasn't really that big, why do you think we're messing with the sleeping giant?

Trust me, I'm not trying to be an ass here. I just want to know if the crowd wasn't really that big, why do you think we're messing with the sleeping giant?

You aren't an ass, also it seems the only people( or most of the people) who care about UND being without a nickname are the hard core Fighting Sioux or nothing hockey only fans who would rather piss in the face of the NCAA than retire the name fans. Am I wrong?

Because of the ages - old & young and all between feel basically the same - wait till the students get back & fans & alum. figure it out - this was a very short notice on a hot Friday evening the crowd was small but I was impressed with the quality of people I spoke to

You aren't an ass, also it seems the only people( or most of the people) who care about UND being without a nickname are the hard core Fighting Sioux or nothing hockey only fans who would rather piss in the face of the NCAA than retire the name fans. Am I wrong?

No, you're not. But, I'm trying to cut them some slack because they are passionate UND fans. I disagree with them, but empathize.

No, you're not. But, I'm trying to cut them some slack because they are passionate UND fans. I disagree with them, but empathize.

They aren't the only passionate fans, the ones that want a nickname are passionate too. I love UND and want them to pick a name and end this long awaited mess that this cooling off period started, by not having a nickname will this debate really be over?

They aren't the only passionate fans, the ones that want a nickname are passionate too. I love UND and want them to pick a name and end this long awaited mess that this cooling off period started, by not having a nickname will this debate really be over?

Absolutely. I think this will play out with a new nickname. It may not be the one we want, but it won't be Sundogs.

Kelley is a political animal. He did not attain that position by being naive to all of these nuances. He'll get this done.

Absolutely. I think this will play out with a new nickname. It may not be the one we want, but it won't be Sundogs.

Kelley is a political animal. He did not attain that position by being naive to all of these nuances. He'll get this done.

I hope you are right about not being the Sundogs. Yuck!!

The discussion of the change from "Indians" continues today at Dartmouth (Big Green) and Stanford (Cardinal) today.

To think some won't be upset no matter what is naive.

I don't want to be the Green. Can we be the Fighting Chiles Verdes?

Because of the ages - old & young and all between feel basically the same - wait till the students get back & fans & alum. figure it out - this was a very short notice on a hot Friday evening the crowd was small but I was impressed with the quality of people I spoke to

Ah yes, the heat was just too much for all the diehards. I know if it's more than 81 degrees, I wouldn't go outside to rally for something allegedly really important to me.

Southpaw people like u make me almost hope Kelly gives u Sundogs - I know who I will always be - it would tickle me to watch the results & protests that would follow

Divide & Conquer